Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder - In Depth Guide

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Exzarion11

Squig Herder - In Depth Guide

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:44 am

Hey guys! As per request I made an in depth guide for you all for the Melee Squig Herder. This one took some collecting to try to get accurate information, I hope it serves you all well :D I hope you guys enjoy it, and thank you for all the positive feedback on my other guides!

Full Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2F1j1f ... dex=2&t=0s
Hey everyone :) I'm a content creator and you can follow me on my social media platforms below!

► Follow me!

TWITTER ► https://www.twitter.com/ExzarionTV
TWITCH ► https://www.twitch.tv/ExzarionTV
YOUTUBE ► https://t.co/VFohBjlgYz?amp=1

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Squig Herder - In Depth Guide

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:09 pm

Nice stuff.

I don't get the info about territorial agression tactic though. You will loose the armor buff from your pet then. 25% dmg boost is nice, but you will loose your pet dmg at the same time and ofc the armor buff. That being said, pets are a bit odd at times though.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

jokerspsycho

Post#3 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm

xpander wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:09 pm Nice stuff.

I don't get the info about territorial agression tactic though. You will loose the armor buff from your pet then. 25% dmg boost is nice, but you will loose your pet dmg at the same time and ofc the armor buff. That being said, pets are a bit odd at times though.
TA gives you an armor buff equal to horned squig armor buff, 25% is considered what the pet would make up so instead of relying on pet UI to do damage, you are relying on yourself. Main time to use TA and ABM is when you are doing large scale bc let's be honest, pets are VERY rarely healed so you will often times be just cycling through pets.

You can see the difference in damage when comparing poison arrer 533 base damage, to festering arrow 733 base damage. 549ish is 75% of 733 meaning you are losing about 25% damage to have a pet out (which is why both no squig tactics give 25%) .

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:48 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm
TA gives you an armor buff equal to horned squig armor buff, 25% is considered what the pet would make up so instead of relying on pet UI to do damage, you are relying on yourself. Main time to use TA and ABM is when you are doing large scale bc let's be honest, pets are VERY rarely healed so you will often times be just cycling through pets.

You can see the difference in damage when comparing poison arrer 533 base damage, to festering arrow 733 base damage. 549ish is 75% of 733 meaning you are losing about 25% damage to have a pet out (which is why both no squig tactics give 25%) .
hmm.. TA doesn't show the armor bonus for me.. when i spawn the pet i get 3200 armor, but when i have no pet im like 2300, same as with TA. so how do i know it gives me armor bonus also? or im just bugged then :D
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

jokerspsycho

Post#5 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:01 pm

xpander wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:48 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm

hmm.. TA doesn't show the armor bonus for me.. when i spawn the pet i get 3200 armor, but when i have no pet im like 2300, same as with TA. so how do i know it gives me armor bonus also? or im just bugged then :D
Are you using statdoll? I've not checked but feel like that might be a visual issue. If you are using an addon and it's still doing so, could report it to a GM.