Recent Topics

Ads

I'm hearing odd soundbites - are they normal?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
anstalt

I'm hearing odd soundbites - are they normal?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi folks,

Fairly new to the server, been playing a couple of weeks and managed to get everything stable and I'm having a blast!

I've noticed something that seems out of place....

When im in altdorf, I keep hearing weird soundbites. I can't tell if they are coming from myself, NPCs or other players but they really don't fit with the rest of the audio in the game. It sounds like Paul Barnett with a low-quality mic reading lines to put into a really early version of the game (has the same accent as Paul anyway) and it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the game at all. I've only noticed it in Altdorf, which makes me wonder if these are soundbites that only play when you're inactive? My character is an ironbreaker and most of the soundbites feel like they could be for a dwarf....if it wasn't for the quality of the audio....

The lines that I can remember are things like:

"Raaawwwrr! I am the troll-stomper and I'll smash your head in!"

"I hate this armour, it's hot and I can barely see anything"

Can anyone tell me if these are normal? Is there a way to turn them off? Have i somehow stumbled on a prank from an addon-dev?

Thanks very much

-Brynyar

Ads
Nekkma

Re: I'm hearing odd soundbites - are they normal?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:37 pm

Paul Barnett just got added as an event NPC and stands in both capitals saying a bunch of things.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Rydiak

Post#3 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 pm

anstalt wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:23 pm It sounds like Paul Barnett with a low-quality mic reading lines
Correct you are! In-game event related.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

anstalt

Post#4 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Awesome, thanks very much for the quick replies, much appreciated!

Dracut

Post#5 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:14 pm

anstalt wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:23 pm Hi folks,

Fairly new to the server, been playing a couple of weeks and managed to get everything stable and I'm having a blast!

When im in altdorf, I keep hearing weird soundbites. I can't tell if they are coming from myself, NPCs or other players but they really don't fit with the rest of the audio in the game. It sounds like Paul Barnett with a low-quality mic reading lines to put into a really early version of the game (has the same accent as Paul anyway) and it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the game at all. I've only noticed it in Altdorf, which makes me wonder if these are soundbites that only play when you're inactive? My character is an ironbreaker and most of the soundbites feel like they could be for a dwarf....if it wasn't for the quality of the audio....

Can anyone tell me if these are normal? Is there a way to turn them off? Have i somehow stumbled on a prank from an addon-dev?

Thanks very much

-Brynyar
Hey Just wondering how you got things stable? I just started playing and got my squid herder to 16. Went to do some oRVR and the game crashes as soon as I get near a lot of people

Lilim
Community Management

Post#6 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Dracut wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:14 pm
anstalt wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:23 pm Hi folks,

Thanks very much

-Brynyar
Hey Just wondering how you got things stable? I just started playing and got my squid herder to 16. Went to do some oRVR and the game crashes as soon as I get near a lot of people
Hey,

If you're hearing audio glitches then you need a new audio.myp file. Just delete the old one and replace it.
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... gxWm83otzV