RvR Post Tier 1 Newbie Questions

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

frubertlives
Posts: 5

RvR Post Tier 1 Newbie Questions

Post#1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:36 pm

New player here. I have no idea how the mechanics of RvR work after Tier 1 and I'm a little lost.

It's fun following the zerg, but it feels kind of like watching football without knowing the rules.

So, here are my questions:

What are supplies for and how do you get them?

How do rams come into existence?

How do defensive ticks work? When do they happen and where do you need to be?

How does zone locking work and how do zones open up? Why does locking zones matter? What effect does it have?

Basically, what is RvR after Tier 1?

Thank you!

Ads
User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 687

Re: RvR Post Tier 1 Newbie Questions

Post#2 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:39 pm

frubertlives wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:36 pm
New player here. I have no idea how the mechanics of RvR work after Tier 1 and I'm a little lost.

It's fun following the zerg, but it feels kind of like watching football without knowing the rules.

So, here are my questions:

What are supplies for and how do you get them?

How do rams come into existence?

How do defensive ticks work? When do they happen and where do you need to be?

How does zone locking work and how do zones open up? Why does locking zones matter? What effect does it have?

Basically, what is RvR after Tier 1?

Thank you!
Supplies are dropped from the Battle Objectives located across the map. When you hold 2 of the BO's across the map, they will periodically spawn supplies that you run to your warcamp flag to deposit.

Rams / Siege weapons come into existence post 16 when you need to take keeps.

I'm not sure what you mean by defensive ticks?

Zones lock (T1) when you reach 100% - (from supply hand ins) and control all of the BO's on the map. T2-4, zone's lock by killing the keep lord, and locking the majority of the BO's on the map.

--------

RvR post T1 is similar, but with keep sieges, lord's and much more strategic approaches. There are also Fort's that open when you push a campaign to the end (see Pairing Map in-game). Once a realm wins 2/3 campaigns, cities are opened. Where you siege Inevitable City or Altdorf depending, and enter a 24v24 scenario-esque battle.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *


frubertlives
Posts: 5

Re: RvR Post Tier 1 Newbie Questions

Post#3 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Thank you for responding! What do supplies do in post Tier 1? I say this, because I was defending a keep, and someone was saying that we needed supplies while the door was being repaired? And I'd see pop-ups about door repair, but wasn't sure where that would come from or how it happened.

By defensive tics, I participated for a long time in a siege defense, the door was rebuilt but I didn't get any tic for the fort resetting. And there was a opt-out of loot button I didn't press, but was wondering when/how those defensive rewards happen.

I know that they merged the earlier tiers, so my question is how do those tiers open up? When do they open up? And what are the rewards for doing so? Is that how the RvR progresses?

For a newbie, it seems like the "where" of the fighting is kind of random but tied to these things and I'd like to understand it more. Thank you!

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 687

Re: RvR Post Tier 1 Newbie Questions

Post#4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 pm

frubertlives wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 pm
Thank you for responding! What do supplies do in post Tier 1? I say this, because I was defending a keep, and someone was saying that we needed supplies while the door was being repaired? And I'd see pop-ups about door repair, but wasn't sure where that would come from or how it happened.

By defensive tics, I participated for a long time in a siege defense, the door was rebuilt but I didn't get any tic for the fort resetting. And there was a opt-out of loot button I didn't press, but was wondering when/how those defensive rewards happen.

I know that they merged the earlier tiers, so my question is how do those tiers open up? When do they open up? And what are the rewards for doing so? Is that how the RvR progresses?

For a newbie, it seems like the "where" of the fighting is kind of random but tied to these things and I'd like to understand it more. Thank you!
Supplies post T1 improve the Keep's * level which allows for different things to happen. The main one, is a keep needs to be 2* to enable a Ram to be spawned. If the zone gets to 5*, and players hold all BO's for 10 minutes the zone will immediately lock.

You can get rolls when a zone locks, not when a door is rebuilt, which makes me think you could have got a PQ popup, or something similar. You shouldn't receive a loot roll for a door going back up, so that's strange.

The RvR progresses through T2, T3 and then T4. The T4 zones are what push to Forts / City. When a City is taken, the RvR resets back down to T2.

If you download the addon State of Realm https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/ror_sor/ you can see where the action is much easier.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *


frubertlives
Posts: 5

Re: RvR Post Tier 1 Newbie Questions

Post#5 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:56 pm

Thank you! This is all very helpful. As a newb, I'd suggest there be some way of getting this info to new players. Since there is a huge information overload when you transition from Tier 1 to the new Tier 2/3/4.

It's a lot of fun, and I love that Tier 2/3 have purpose now, but it's just a lot to take in.

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 687

Re: RvR Post Tier 1 Newbie Questions

Post#6 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 pm

frubertlives wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:56 pm
Thank you! This is all very helpful. As a newb, I'd suggest there be some way of getting this info to new players. Since there is a huge information overload when you transition from Tier 1 to the new Tier 2/3/4.

It's a lot of fun, and I love that Tier 2/3 have purpose now, but it's just a lot to take in.

No worries - welcome to the game.

The wiki, although somewhat dated now, does have the majority of general information which might prove useful if you need a question answered. For example here is the RvR entry: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... _RvR_Guide

Could fill in some of the gaps as you learn the ropes.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest