Recent Topics

Ads

Sewers Trouble with the brothers

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Plaguewall

Sewers Trouble with the brothers

Post#1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:36 pm

Bit embarrassing but having major trouble with the skaven brothers in Altdorf. Had no issue with any of the other bosses but the brothers were hitting for 2k per hit on a 4k hp tank (debolstered). That was bad enough but they were putting out multiple goop puddles on a single timestamp so both our tanks were close to getting instagibbed.

Is there a trick to it?

Ads
Plaguewall

Re: Sewers Trouble with the brothers

Post#2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:56 pm

no one able to help?

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:01 pm

You have to constantly move and never stand in the green puddles. This boss is actually the strongest of all. :)
We eventually killed them without knowing the mechanic but on similar other boss fights, both bosses have to be split, as they deal more dmg, if standing close together.
Dying is no option.

Plaguewall

Post#4 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:01 pm You have to constantly move and never stand in the green puddles. This boss is actually the strongest of all. :)
We eventually killed them without knowing the mechanic but on similar other boss fights, both bosses have to be split, as they deal more dmg, if standing close together.
Many thanks. We'll give it another go. Tried to seperate them but perhaps they weren't far enough away from each other.

Haskr

Post#5 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Can your tank use taunt to pull a single one?

Also keep in mind that many players can't see the green puddles, because you need to have the effects detail on all in the video options (best take ooohhh shiny option for that fight)

Plaguewall

Post#6 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Haskr wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 pm Can your tank use taunt to pull a single one?

Also keep in mind that many players can't see the green puddles, because you need to have the effects detail on all in the video options (best take ooohhh shiny option for that fight)
We realised that after the first wipe.

You can use taunt to peel them away, it was just the damage output they did (between the puddles and 2k hits )was horrendous. Hopefully by keeping them further apart we'll be able to tough it out.

Haskr

Post#7 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:36 pm

Plaguewall wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:22 pm
Haskr wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 pm Can your tank use taunt to pull a single one?

You can use taunt to peel them away, it was just the damage output they did (between the puddles and 2k hits )was horrendous. Hopefully by keeping them further apart we'll be able to tough it out.
Ah I see.

And If you taunt a single one before the fight both aggro?

Im just asking because on destro side in the sacellum is a boss that was also a duo and there you could actually taunt a single one while the other one didnt aggro iirc.

Plaguewall

Post#8 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Haskr wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:36 pm
Plaguewall wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Ah I see.

And If you taunt a single one before the fight both aggro?

Im just asking because on destro side in the sacellum is a boss that was also a duo and there you could actually taunt a single one while the other one didnt aggro iirc.

Yeah, they both agro to the taunter. We pulled them, then had a second tank pull one away (which works) but if what Sulorie said works, we just had them too close together and they did increased damage.
When I've done Sacelleum and other dungeons I've never had as much trouble, to be honest. Ah well, a challenge is always good.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:05 pm

We did it with 2 heals, 1 tank and 3 dd on order.
Dying is no option.