Recent Topics

Ads

Is RoR clunkier than live was?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Faction69

Is RoR clunkier than live was?

Post#1 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Hey, new here. I don't mean this as a criticism since the devs have clearly done an incredible job getting this project to where it is. I'm in awe of what I'm seeing.

I'm just wondering, it seems that on RoR everything is clunkier, like I finish a cast, and the animation and casting bar continues for like 0.5 more seconds, etc, not very fluid. I don't remember if this is just how WAR is, if it's just me, or if it's a quirk of the server. What do you guys think?

Ads
Borek

Re: Is RoR clunkier than live was?

Post#2 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:01 am

From what i can tell the game is extremely laggy atm, maybe server side, but i suspect there's a client side memory leak either from a recent windows update or a game patch, but doesn't seem to affect everyone

Faction69

Post#3 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am

Borek wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:01 am From what i can tell the game is extremely laggy atm, maybe server side, but i suspect there's a client side memory leak either from a recent windows update or a game patch, but doesn't seem to affect everyone
Ah so it's just a new thing? That would explain it!

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:12 am

I havent really noticed this. Maybe you just have a high ping to the server?

Starx

Post#5 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:13 am

The last server upgrade they did when we got a massive influx of players was really impressive, you have 500v500 fights with no lag if your CPU can handle it (single core speed seems to matter the most). This was a pipe dream on live, and the hardware needed would probably cost a fortune back then.

Faction69

Post#6 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:15 am

saupreusse wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:12 am I havent really noticed this. Maybe you just have a high ping to the server?
Yea it is about 200, though I played live with 300+. I can't compare though as I don't remember at all

Faction69

Post#7 » Sun May 10, 2020 2:12 am

Starx wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:13 am The last server upgrade they did when we got a massive influx of players was really impressive, you have 500v500 fights with no lag if your CPU can handle it (single core speed seems to matter the most). This was a pipe dream on live, and the hardware needed would probably cost a fortune back then.
Performance is excellent, I refer more to a feeling of unresposiveness with abilities