Recent Topics

Ads

Best solo class

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Starx

Re: Best solo class

Post#21 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:41 am

desizt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:47 am People talking about BURST for solo roam class don't know what they are talking about...

99% of the time you won't find your 1v1 to burst someone down, you end up being CCd halfway through your combo and die in 2 seconds on those chars. 99% of the time you find 2+ people so you should build a spec that is not just 1v1 "oh look at me i press 1 button on my full vanq WL and kill this guy lololol" glass trash.

You need to consider actually surviving 1vX situation and winning it. Seeing those "solo ganker" WE's running around in full conq thinking they are on the right path makes me sad to look at them.

Nat3s summed it up pretty good. He didn't add Engi though, which can work wonders for kiting and killing in 1vX situations if built correctly and playing grenadier, but has a very high skillcap though.
If you dont have good burst you are gonna lose every encounter you run into solo when the other side has a 80+ iq healer involved. AM has probably some of the highest burst potential of any class when they have precasted high magic stacks and the absolutely disgusting DPS the channel tactic can add. Engineer and magus both have very scary timestamp potential.

knowing how to kite, having the correct triple pot setup etc... should make it so you dont need to be building defensive. Which is why I only put classes that can kite in my 1vX/solo reccomendations, yes even WL can kite.

Ads
desizt

Post#22 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 am

The only class you can get away with that is DPS AM/Shaman... Sure WL can kite, but good luck kiting a mSH or WE. I love when those solo roamer lions jump on my rege WE, I can just autoattack them to death if need be. And there's no way for them to kite it off.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Mordus

Post#23 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:49 pm

I want to start playing Warhammer online, but I don't know which class to choose. I usually prefer to play as Bruiser, a semi-tank that can do high damage and don't die quickly.

But I prefer not only playing in a group, but also solo, I would like to choose a class that is useful in a group, but at the same time it was possible to win alone.
nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.
I am interested in Iron breaker ? And how useful will it be in a group with 2 hand weapons?
nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am Spirit Chosen - Spirit dmg so you no need for weapon skill allowing you to focus more on def. Destroys any melee, but like most 2h setups, you get kited.
What about Swordmaster, how good is 1v1? I looked at the skills it also has mostly magic damage, with more mobility due to Wings of Heaven.

Kalakaa

Post#24 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 pm

DOK is one of the best solo and in group classes, main problem you have is kiters. Right now SH is probably the best, but I would expect there to be changes over coming weeks/months so could be more of a gamble long term if it will remain as good as it is

Sofong

Post#25 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am Ignore the above, Mara is trash tier in 1v1 (great WB class though). I've played most meta solo classes as it's my preferred playstyle. I'd happily debate this order with anyone:

1. DPS AM - No question, reigns supreme, no counter class, beats everything Destro has to offer 1v1 including your 2h chosen, def magus, dps shammy meta classes. Power is in the AP drain and the fact casting it doesn't interrupt your detaunt. You'd be surprised how many newb AM don't know this and instead start a 1v1 casting dots and die.

2. DPS Shammy - As above, AP drain on CD, outlive initial burst of enemy and you don't even need to kite. Best 1v1 spec is to take Do Sumfin Useful in Mork and You Got Nuthin in Green which a lot of people don't realise. Beats all Order class besides AM (can beat AM if AM plays too offensively without cleansing on CD).

3. Regen WE - 600 abs tactic, kiss heal tactic, full Regeneration from renown points, then hp/sec gear. Can reach 420hp regen which with the 600 abs tactic and toughness talis slotted makes you unkillable, use low point Ruthless Assault to consume your Witchbrew stacks for burst. Don't be seduced into needing to hit 1050 str softcap, power here is in Witchbrew being Corp dmg so you can slot those tough/armour talis.

4. Def magus - 700 toughness, 950 int, 10k hp with Aegis up and 2.7k armour. Need to understand your cc immunities, if you use stagger you can't use disarm, if you use rift you can't use knockback. Once you know which cc combo to use for each class/situation they can do awesome things. Like any solo class, you need pots, 3.6k rejuv, 1.8k officer + 2.4k Aegis heal and 1h staff heal is 8.8k+ self healing on top of your 700 toughness, very powerful. Beats everything 1v1 other than DPS AM and imo is the most fun due to cc options.

5. Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.

6. Spirit Chosen - Spirit dmg so you no need for weapon skill allowing you to focus more on def. Destroys any melee, but like most 2h setups, you get kited.

7. Parry WH - The best melee stomper imo and can take on 2h solo tanks once you have the bonus points from Sov set to pick up both Blessed Blades and BAL.

8. DPS DoK - Bloodlord gear, heals a lot and does great dps. Dies to AM / def IB / Parry WH, but great pug stomper.

Ignore the echo chamber effect you see from the people screaming WL OP, WL don't make my top 10. In my experience players are blissfully unaware of the above meta picks. Your typical inexperienced solo roamer is usually trying to roam in a Zarbix style fully soft capped glass cannon setup which is complete dogshit against any proper 1v1 player. If you want to go full dps gear/renown then grab a healer, if you want to 1v1 then you need to be much more nuanced in your approach.
basically this, and def build engi also extremely strong.

ashton007

Post#26 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:06 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am Ignore the above, Mara is trash tier in 1v1 (great WB class though). I've played most meta solo classes as it's my preferred playstyle. I'd happily debate this order with anyone:

1. DPS AM - No question, reigns supreme, no counter class, beats everything Destro has to offer 1v1 including your 2h chosen, def magus, dps shammy meta classes. Power is in the AP drain and the fact casting it doesn't interrupt your detaunt. You'd be surprised how many newb AM don't know this and instead start a 1v1 casting dots and die.

2. DPS Shammy - As above, AP drain on CD, outlive initial burst of enemy and you don't even need to kite. Best 1v1 spec is to take Do Sumfin Useful in Mork and You Got Nuthin in Green which a lot of people don't realise. Beats all Order class besides AM (can beat AM if AM plays too offensively without cleansing on CD).

3. Regen WE - 600 abs tactic, kiss heal tactic, full Regeneration from renown points, then hp/sec gear. Can reach 420hp regen which with the 600 abs tactic and toughness talis slotted makes you unkillable, use low point Ruthless Assault to consume your Witchbrew stacks for burst. Don't be seduced into needing to hit 1050 str softcap, power here is in Witchbrew being Corp dmg so you can slot those tough/armour talis.

4. Def magus - 700 toughness, 950 int, 10k hp with Aegis up and 2.7k armour. Need to understand your cc immunities, if you use stagger you can't use disarm, if you use rift you can't use knockback. Once you know which cc combo to use for each class/situation they can do awesome things. Like any solo class, you need pots, 3.6k rejuv, 1.8k officer + 2.4k Aegis heal and 1h staff heal is 8.8k+ self healing on top of your 700 toughness, very powerful. Beats everything 1v1 other than DPS AM and imo is the most fun due to cc options.

5. Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.

6. Spirit Chosen - Spirit dmg so you no need for weapon skill allowing you to focus more on def. Destroys any melee, but like most 2h setups, you get kited.

7. Parry WH - The best melee stomper imo and can take on 2h solo tanks once you have the bonus points from Sov set to pick up both Blessed Blades and BAL.

8. DPS DoK - Bloodlord gear, heals a lot and does great dps. Dies to AM / def IB / Parry WH, but great pug stomper.

Ignore the echo chamber effect you see from the people screaming WL OP, WL don't make my top 10. In my experience players are blissfully unaware of the above meta picks. Your typical inexperienced solo roamer is usually trying to roam in a Zarbix style fully soft capped glass cannon setup which is complete dogshit against any proper 1v1 player. If you want to go full dps gear/renown then grab a healer, if you want to 1v1 then you need to be much more nuanced in your approach.
I like this guys take. But I’d probably put BG above chosen because it’s much harder to kite. BG has insane chasing capabilities with his 40 yd snare

Alsayr

Post#27 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:11 pm

DPS Shaman is best.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

ashton007

Post#28 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Mordus wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:49 pm I want to start playing Warhammer online, but I don't know which class to choose. I usually prefer to play as Bruiser, a semi-tank that can do high damage and don't die quickly.

But I prefer not only playing in a group, but also solo, I would like to choose a class that is useful in a group, but at the same time it was possible to win alone.
nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.
I am interested in Iron breaker ? And how useful will it be in a group with 2 hand weapons?
nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am Spirit Chosen - Spirit dmg so you no need for weapon skill allowing you to focus more on def. Destroys any melee, but like most 2h setups, you get kited.
What about Swordmaster, how good is 1v1? I looked at the skills it also has mostly magic damage, with more mobility due to Wings of Heaven.
Sm is actually really good solo. highest hp regen for anytank or melee. Decent absorbs and dps and now also an m1 pounce.

Ads
sharpblader

Post#29 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:13 am

ashton007 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:21 pm Sm is actually really good solo. highest hp regen for anytank or melee. Decent absorbs and dps and now also an m1 pounce.
What are your thoughts on solo knights?

balvor877
Suspended

Post#30 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 pm

The answer is easy: DPS shaman. No question.

Watch some Gitrate videos: https://www.twitch.tv/svarz/videos

He is an amazing player and rr80+ but seeing what that class can do makes me jealous as order player.

/thread