Recent Topics

Ads

Best solo class

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
marafado
Suspended

Re: Best solo class

Post#31 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:22 pm

balvor877 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 pm The answer is easy: DPS shaman. No question.

Watch some Gitrate videos: https://www.twitch.tv/svarz/videos

He is an amazing player and rr80+ but seeing what that class can do makes me jealous as order player.

/thread
i dont think dps shamy is better than sw, engie or dps am. but i understand the jealous thing...its the best look toon in game ;)

ps: yes, maybe shamy dps need an heavy nerf because he looks "good"!

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Post#32 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:01 pm

marafado wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:22 pm i dont think dps shamy is better than sw, engie or dps am. but i understand the jealous thing...its the best look toon in game ;)

DPS AM is close but still not that good.

Engie is one of the worst solo chars. You might get some kills when camping on wall or between the order zerg but 1:1 it's terrible. SW is better but also very squishy and their most fun build has 65ft range.

Beside that destro doesn't have to deal with Choppa pull, mara pull, pouncing meatballs and WEs, and overpowered gits that will kite you to their city and back.

marafado
Suspended

Post#33 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:13 pm

balvor877 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:01 pm
marafado wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:22 pm i dont think dps shamy is better than sw, engie or dps am. but i understand the jealous thing...its the best look toon in game ;)

DPS AM is close but still not that good.

Engie is one of the worst solo chars. You might get some kills when camping on wall or between the order zerg but 1:1 it's terrible. SW is better but also very squishy and their most fun build has 65ft range.

Beside that destro doesn't have to deal with Choppa pull, mara pull, pouncing meatballs and WEs, and overpowered gits that will kite you to their city and back.
btw, dps shamy looks good in old aor gear apearence ;P new ror gear invites you to make an archmage :)

Starx

Post#34 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:31 pm

DPS AM/Sham
Engineer/Magus

Every other answer is just wrong, melee is AWFUL for soloing. WE/WH would be fine if they were actually stealth classes like DAoC. Engineer and magus solo well because they can be really cheesy on keep walls or hiding in a zerg etc...

Hienzwar

Post#35 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Most solo WH/WE's will often out kill groups in zones and plus its good fun when you figure out your own playstyle within the class.

Just pick your targets well and relax about getting killed.

noobwarrior

Post#36 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:52 pm

when i played my shaman on def i can say he is incredibly strong and even most of the groups failed to kill me and 1v1 you are unbeaten
the skill is effective against melee fighters no matter who comes and believe me ...

DEF-SPEC-4win :D

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#37 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am 5. Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.
How does def BG compare to IB/the other classes here in your observations? I mostly solo and am wanting to try running a defensive tank. But I want something with a bit more skill and interest to it than Chosen and am not a fan of the bucket helms.

I'm thinking of running a disrupt/Endless Pursuit build like this: RoR.builders - Black Guard with FS/Parry/DD renown. Undecided on the last tactic - FwF, heal debuff, anti detaunt or HD if I could somehow get 7 piece WL are all on the table. I'm unsure on how needed the disrupt tactic is, I'd possibly trade it for one of the aforementioned if it proves unnecessary. Thoughts/experiences?

Farrul

Post#38 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:37 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm
nat3s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am 5. Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.
How does def BG compare to IB/the other classes here in your observations? I mostly solo and am wanting to try running a defensive tank. But I want something with a bit more skill and interest to it than Chosen and am not a fan of the bucket helms.
It was already answered earlier in the thread, something about IB having a better balanced 2h spec than BG for solo.

This list is a bit out of date , stuff have changed since then(Magus nerf, Squig OP Buffs, armor talis nerfs etc. Maybe if you're into elves have a look at the SM, improved with the M1 change and SM can opt for decent regen(Not IB levels, but SM got mobility and spirit damage, Wods against kiters)

Ads
Wushi

Post#39 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:01 pm

Shaman is also far from what it was since the Run Away! nerf

diegomess

Post#40 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:08 am

Rip chosen dicordant winds god mode
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80