Recent Topics

Ads

Former live WAR player looking for advise

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Bulwyf

Former live WAR player looking for advise

Post#1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm

I played back on live servers and before that played DAOC for many years. When I last played WAR up until server closure I was running around mainly with 2h tanks. 2h Ironbreaker, 2h Blackguard and 2h Black Orc.

Are those still viable options? If I remember correctly going 2h was pretty much the only way to do any real kind of damage as a tank because going sword and board kept you up longer but your damage was worse than healers DPS. Appreciate any advice. I am trying to get my wife to come back to play, we had a nasty IB/warrior priest combo and BG/DoK due as well. I'm assuming those are still valid?

Ads
Vandoles

Re: Former live WAR player looking for advise

Post#2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Bulwyf wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm I played back on live servers and before that played DAOC for many years. When I last played WAR up until server closure I was running around mainly with 2h tanks. 2h Ironbreaker, 2h Blackguard and 2h Black Orc.

Are those still viable options? If I remember correctly going 2h was pretty much the only way to do any real kind of damage as a tank because going sword and board kept you up longer but your damage was worse than healers DPS. Appreciate any advice. I am trying to get my wife to come back to play, we had a nasty IB/warrior priest combo and BG/DoK due as well. I'm assuming those are still valid?
Stick to destro for 2h tanks. IB is currently considered the worst tank in the game. 2H BG is very viable, so are doks. You won't go wrong with a 2H BO or BG.

Bulwyf

Post#3 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:51 pm

Thank you for the response. I am really sad to see IB are that bad. They were very fun to play back on live. I will definitely check out 2h BG with my wife playing the melee spec Dok. I'm assuming melee Dok are still good?

mubbl

Post#4 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Bulwyf wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:51 pm Thank you for the response. I am really sad to see IB are that bad. They were very fun to play back on live. I will definitely check out 2h BG with my wife playing the melee spec Dok. I'm assuming melee Dok are still good?
Since you are new here, just a little warning. Forums are not always to be trusted!
You should always build your own opinion.
Dok/wp got gimped a bit, they got an overhaul. You should check in careerbuilder here in forums.
I m not sure how 2h wp was on live, but after overhaul i lost interist in my wp.
Bg also got some changes compared to live.
Not sure about ib.