Recent Topics

Ads

Beginner with many questions

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
RathBrand

Re: Beginner with many questions

Post#21 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Seravajan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:15 am Where to get the stuff for Talisman making? I have Scavenging but still, two slots in the making are empty due to lack of stuff to fill in. I assume that the stuff is coming from the other trade skill Salvaging.
For anything you don't have (containers, curios, gold dust, essence), you can buy from the Craft Supply Merchant in any camp or town or you can buy from the auction house if you are looking for anything specific. I believe everything except essence can drop for scavenging. Just buy the level 1 stuff from the craft supply merchant if you are just leveling Talisman Making.

How do I earn medals and so on? I got none in several scenario runs.
In scenarios, you will earn Emblems of a certain rank (Recruit, Scout, Soldier, Officer, etc.). You can check the currency tab in your inventory bag to see what you've got. In RvR you will earn Medallions (similar rankings). There will then be merchants for each currency (Emblems vs Medallions) that you can use to buy gear sets and weapons. I don't quite recall what the mechanism is for earning Emblems in Scenarios but I know you get more for wins and completing the Scenario quest for the win.

Another issue is that I can not distinct my group members from the other players from my realm in a scenario.
One thing that can help is to go into the Enemy add-on settings (looks like a target icon) and then go into Unit Frame settings. You can turn on overhead icons for your group which display their class icon in a green border above their head to make it easier to distinguish you group members. You can also just click on your group members name plate in your group's raid frame.

Further more, once you get into RvR with many more players, it is good to use Enemy's built-it Marker function to mark the Warband leader. This will put a big colored arrow above their head. Optionally, you can also install the add-on "Pain the Leader" which will automatically put a large star over the warband leaders head.

Edit: Does the AM getting group heals?
I believe you have at least 1 group heal (Blessing of Isha). Not sure if you have others.

Ads
Grock

Post#22 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 pm

Seravajan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:15 am Where to get the stuff for Talisman making? I have Scavenging but still, two slots in the making are empty due to lack of stuff to fill in. I assume that the stuff is coming from the other trade skill Salvaging.

How do I earn medals and so on? I got none in several scenario runs.

Another issue is that I can not distinct my group members from the other players from my realm in a scenario.

Edit: Does the AM getting group heals?
Yes talisman reagents are kinda split between scavenging and salvaging, so you need to either use vendor ones (alright for leveling) or get better ones from players
(or you could try to make an alt with the other prof)
Either way i recommend researching the whole crafting thing more in detail, check Wiki, check forums (use google for searching though) to get the better idea of how crafting works, before you invest time and gold into leveling it.

Medallions (red ones) are given on zone locks, and sometimes on player kills in open RvR. Emblems (green ones) are given upon scenario finish, scenario win quest and sometimes from kills within scenarios.

Since VinyUI uses Enemy, you can go into Enemy configuraion, go to Unit Frames settings, click "detach my group" and just move your group frame where its more comfortable to click.
Also enemy has Group Icons module that puts class icons (green for group, white for warband) on players around you in the world.
To get to Enemy settings right click on the Enemy icon on the bottom panel of your UI

Every healer gets generic group heal at lvl20, and then there's some career specific abilities too.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Seravajan

Post#23 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Is it possible to level a character just with scenarios? I found that some characters are quite difficult to play in PvE. Ex I tried a sorcerer in PvE but it sucks.

orfeask

Post#24 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Seravajan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 pm Is it possible to level a character just with scenarios? I found that some characters are quite difficult to play in PvE. Ex I tried a sorcerer in PvE but it sucks.
Scenarios + rvr should be your leveling route, don't bother with pve since pve does not increase your rnown rank.

Seravajan

Post#25 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:56 pm

My personal experience shows now a few levels later that the sorcerer is easier to use RvR class.

NSKaneda

Post#26 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:09 pm

orfeask wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:40 pm
Seravajan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 pm Is it possible to level a character just with scenarios? I found that some characters are quite difficult to play in PvE. Ex I tried a sorcerer in PvE but it sucks.
Scenarios + rvr should be your leveling route, don't bother with pve since pve does not increase your rnown rank.
If you're new to the game it's good to do a little of pve exploration every now and again to learn and test new skills. Otherwise scs + rvr till you're 25, get mayhem set, do rvr and some more scs till 40, buy best scs weapons you can and go to Gunbad to start working on wards to get sentinel... Or put on full conq and join in invader/royal grind :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Grock

Post#27 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 am

Seravajan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:56 pm My personal experience shows now a few levels later that the sorcerer is easier to use RvR class.
Sorc is a dedicated glass cannon damage dealer, while AM is primarily a healer class, so yeah of course sorc will be much more straightforward in RvR in terms of damage :)
However sorc heavily relies on healers because self-damage mechanic hurts quite a lot

Sorc's coolest thing is that their damage can be all lined up to hit the target at the same moment - two delayed spells(Word of Pain and Vision of Torment), followed by a spell with travel time (Doombolt or Arctic Blast) followed by Gloomburst followed by instant hit spell like Impending Doom or Hand of Ruin and target evaporates in a milisecond when timed correctly
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Seravajan

Post#28 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:11 pm

How it comes that with tab targeting quite often I get "Invalid Target"?

Ads
Seravajan

Post#29 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

Some more questions arose while playing more:

I got a sorc to level 21. Which impact does the masteries have? Is it just unlocking more skills or is there more?

On the Order side, I can not decide which character to level. One is an engineer and the other an SW. Which is more fun?

On the Witch Elf: Do they get a melee snare and/or root too? Quite annoying if the enemy runs away while attempting to unload some skills.

Amorphium

Post#30 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Masteries also increase the damage of the skills in their line, e.g. putting points into Path of Agony will increase the damage of Doombolt, at least ingame. To unlock abilities or tactics you also have to put an extra point directly into them, not just put enough points into the mastery to reach the skill.

Both Engineers and SWs are played by many people so they both seem to be fun.

For the Witch Elf and other classes' skills check out the career builder at the top of the homepage or here: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/