Recent Topics

Ads

How to AM and Shaman

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Folcan

Re: How to AM and Shaman

Post#21 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:45 am

Hey how do you get your hots attached to your party frames. i'm using vinyui and mine show above the friendly character rather than the party frame. thank you.

Ads
Jarobor

Post#22 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:20 am

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#23 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm

cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:10 am stuff
Just read this now. Appreciate the info, I'm definitely one of those AM's struggling. I'm doing a bit better now that I've swapped to the EoV/FE spec, but I'm still working on being able to compete with the good WPs for healing numbers - I'm generally tied with the bad ones which is at least better than it used to be.

Survivability is something I still really struggle with. I know my positioning isn't great which is a big part of it, but I hadn't considered the 4th point in FS so maybe between that and trading my full Invader for 4 Vanq 3 Inv will help. Better focusing on bouncing between force/tranq might help too.

Couple of questions for you:
- Just how important is getting the "right" offensive target for EoV? ie one that's right in the clump. I struggle to manage the combined set of managing both offensive and defensive targets along with all the other stuff and monitoring for positioning/trying to avoid getting WE + BG gooned. I noticed in the video that it seemed like the offensive target wasn't always right in the centre and am wondering if that's something I should prioritize less if it helps with other stuff

- How important is keeping HoTs up always? I do my best but I know it definitely slips sometimes with managing EoV. Adding the tracker to Enemy would help, I didn't know that was a thing you could do and am usually trying to keep track of it mentally

cimator

Post#24 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm
Just read this now. Appreciate the info, I'm definitely one of those AM's struggling. I'm doing a bit better now that I've swapped to the EoV/FE spec, but I'm still working on being able to compete with the good WPs for healing numbers - I'm generally tied with the bad ones which is at least better than it used to be.

Survivability is something I still really struggle with. I know my positioning isn't great which is a big part of it, but I hadn't considered the 4th point in FS so maybe between that and trading my full Invader for 4 Vanq 3 Inv will help. Better focusing on bouncing between force/tranq might help too.

- Just how important is getting the "right" offensive target for EoV? ie one that's right in the clump. I struggle to manage the combined set of managing both offensive and defensive targets along with all the other stuff and monitoring for positioning/trying to avoid getting WE + BG gooned. I noticed in the video that it seemed like the offensive target wasn't always right in the centre and am wondering if that's something I should prioritize less if it helps with other stuff

- How important is keeping HoTs up always? I do my best but I know it definitely slips sometimes with managing EoV. Adding the tracker to Enemy would help, I didn't know that was a thing you could do and am usually trying to keep track of it mentally

-Gear/RR wise, you should go 4 FS and all armor talismans, and if you need more wounds, try mixing sets so you dont have to drop the armor talis.

-Picking a right offensive target for EoV isnt important at all :D Damage you do will increase the heal ofc, but only a little amount so the base heal is more than enough. You can make a keybind for "target nearest" aswell, helps a lot imo.

-Try to keep the HoTs up all the time, it really helps vs constant pressure. When EoV is on cooldown is a good time to refresh imo.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

stibboe

Post#25 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am

cimator wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:52 pm
Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm

-Gear/RR wise, you should go 4 FS and all armor talismans, and if you need more wounds, try mixing sets so you dont have to drop the armor talis.

-Picking a right offensive target for EoV isnt important at all :D Damage you do will increase the heal ofc, but only a little amount so the base heal is more than enough. You can make a keybind for "target nearest" aswell, helps a lot imo.

-Try to keep the HoTs up all the time, it really helps vs constant pressure. When EoV is on cooldown is a good time to refresh imo.
What build do you suggest if i´m not RR 70 yet? I'm just RR51, do you suggest to still get fury of da green or go more into mork and then only go so far as the silence in the green tree?

Like this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mm=&mt=&t=
or this?: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mm=&mt=&t=

Thanks for any replies :)

cimator

Post#26 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:34 pm

stibboe wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am
What build do you suggest if i´m not RR 70 yet? I'm just RR51, do you suggest to still get fury of da green or go more into mork and then only go so far as the silence in the green tree?

I would say get FODG no matter the renown, can do something like this for ex;

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=5311&t=

party cleanse is quite useful, you can try it out. Or drop it and take Shrug it off and silence, is up to you.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

stibboe

Post#27 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:01 am

Jarobor wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:20 am Hot tracker to enemy viewtopic.php?f=66&t=23759&sid=20e77ea6 ... 772740a286
I did this, but I can´t get the duration of the hot´s to show. Am I missing something, is there a box I need to tick somewhere (I couldn't find it).

stibboe

Post#28 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:02 am

cimator wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:34 pm
stibboe wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am

I would say get FODG no matter the renown, can do something like this for ex;

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=5311&t=

party cleanse is quite useful, you can try it out. Or drop it and take Shrug it off and silence, is up to you.
Thanks for your reply by the way, i'm still getting used to it but it's atleast more fun IMO :)

Ads
Wele

Post#29 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Need to make posts so I can reply PM, sry

p00ky

Post#30 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:55 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:44 pm
cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:23 pm
anarchypark wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm already know the theory.
I need actual play against good enemy.

I'm not interested in having superior wb on my side against weak enemy.
I'm more into on weak side to face stronger enemy.
overcoming it is real fun.

that's why i ask good enemy MA and assist.

Thats full FMJ on the destro side, you really think thats a weak enemy? They had great assist and we lost 1 or 2 of the city stages in the video.

Showing the positioning and the rotation of the abilities when WW is down is the point of the video. I assumed I didnt need to show the survival, its a general healer thing, AM doesnt need a specific survival guide for itself because it isnt any weaker survival wise.

told you i don't care who win or lose.
i wanna see AM surviving melee assist train. or at least trying escape.
it's good not get caught at first place but
i wanna see when MA set his eyes on AM from far then AM's next move.
you can notice that movement right? show me that moves plz.
i don't see such thing in vid. only free casting healer.

why don't you put lost stage footage? I think that have what i wanna see.
learning from mistakes and improving better moves.

if you wanna compliments, i can give you that. i skipped cuz others already did.
GJ, nice healing, you won, great.
can i ask few more? show me struggling escape of AM. success good. fail better.
Got to agree with this guy. If there is a "decent" ST party out, your AM is dead unless you are with a very good premade group and instant guard swap. Only AOE detaunt does not save you from dbl melee ST party sorry. Shaman is so much easier with tactic and really doesn´t have the same issues.

Also, on a side note, any "decent" ST party knows AM is first and main target because his whole party has to play around keeping him alive, so its always a win/win.

Original Post sais you run 4 vanq for the proc? :o Ap drain + pots should be more than enough ap to have to sacrifice staying at 4 vanq instead of going sent/sov, but just my opinion ;)

Still, nice quick guide on helping the new players out there know the ropes (guys pick Shammy over AM if you wana succeed though).