Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc/BW Question

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Eeshen

Sorc/BW Question

Post#1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Why does it appear that the above classes aren’t as good as taking a melee.
What do the casters offer that melee do not?

I assume casters are not found in ranked?

Ads
Caduceus

Re: Sorc/BW Question

Post#2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:01 pm

It is true that Sorc and BW seem to struggle in competitive warband vs. warband play.

They're not bad, but they're not fantastic either, outclassed by mdps like slayers and choppas.

Where exactly they fall short is hard to pinpoint.

I'd say it is a combination of being too inflexible in both short and medium/long range, and having to sacrifice almost all their ST damage in order to spec AoE, unlike slayer/choppa.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

fabrizio3k

Post#3 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Adding to the previous post, eversione and their mothers stacking deft defender is not very good for these classes either, since you well get disrupted quite a lot

Eeshen

Post#4 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:31 pm

Seems like a good area for Devs to "adjust" to spread out the DPS to include casters. From everything I've read thus far, seems like ranged (even more so casters) are a liability to city/wbs and usually unwanted.

Caduceus

Post#5 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:11 pm

Well, I wouldn't go overboard.

Sorc/BW certainly has its niche in large-scale PvP, where the requirement to be stationary often isn't as big of a drawback. And in warbands it is not bad, but also not optimal.

Oddly enough, this problem doesn't extend to all ranged classes, as Magus and Engineer are capable of delivering AoE pressure even in more competitive environments.

I wouldn't default to calling for a buff in DPS, since I think DPS isn't the core issue and increasing DPS would only risk breaking Sorc/BW in other modes of play.

Perhaps what Sorc/BW needs at warband vs warband level, is some group utility/AoE debuffing potential that does not come at the expense of their already somewhat lacking damage (at least at this scale).
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Bobbiom

Post#6 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 pm

There was a nerf to sorcs and BW's party buffs ( frozen touch and Flames of Rhuin) back somewhere between anni and conq days.
Only the sorc/bw got effected by the tactics frozen fury/crown of fire and they gave the proc an icd for the party members which was proven with video footage that it didn't have during live.
It kinda made sense (I guess) to nerf it back then when you couldn't reach 10k wounds with capped defensive stat as a tank, since tanks back then got melted by the procs.

If they were to revert this change then it will make sorc and BW slighty more appealing to have in a party/wb.
But then again I am not sure if they already reverted it.

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Bobbiom wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:35 pm There was a nerf to sorcs and BW's party buffs ( frozen touch and Flames of Rhuin) back somewhere between anni and conq days.
Only the sorc/bw got effected by the tactics frozen fury/crown of fire and they gave the proc an icd for the party members which was proven with video footage that it didn't have during live.
It kinda made sense (I guess) to nerf it back then when you couldn't reach 10k wounds with capped defensive stat as a tank, since tanks back then got melted by the procs.

If they were to revert this change then it will make sorc and BW slighty more appealing to have in a party/wb.
But then again I am not sure if they already reverted it.
Dok and welf took a huge dmg nerf because proc icd's and proc dmg being lot less than it should imo. On live im 100 % sure that welf kiss dmg came before skill dmg, and double proc was possible and the reason why welf finishers hits 2 times is or was the double proc of kisses. Im 95 % sure that all proc dmg (covenants, bullets prayers, all procs) came before skill dmg live not just welf kisses.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Naelar

Post#8 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:47 am

I think what would be a bigger boost to sorc/bw would be to tone down the backlash damage. Both can output similar damage to other dps classes, but they are the only ones that have this kind of drawback.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:36 am

Naelar wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:47 am I think what would be a bigger boost to sorc/bw would be to tone down the backlash damage. Both can output similar damage to other dps classes, but they are the only ones that have this kind of drawback.
: D backlash is not a real drawback. Doesnt matter how much you cast 2 hots will cover any backlash dmg. Sorc and bw have free 35 % crit and 100 % critical dmg. If people really think sorc and bw has dmg problems when they deal most dmg in the game possible. 4 onslaught + 4 sovereign + bloodlord wpn + mechanic = 44 crit and 132 % Critical dmg=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Eeshen

Post#10 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:46 am

So they aren’t picked for cities because of low damage, but rather their lack of utility and squishiness?

I would assume then also that they are definitely a big no-no for ranked ?