Recent Topics

Ads

Help me understand a couple things..

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Rhym3z

Help me understand a couple things..

Post#1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Hey guys, returning player from retail here,

just wanted to get a couple pointers on somethings..

So obviously rvr is a thing, id just like to know what the point of it is, sounds stupid i know..
i just wondered what the benefits are to capturing zones?

Also, this is the first time i've gotten a class to 16 and im kind of stuck.
I'm getting deleted.
Obviously i know im undergeared etc, but after reading other posts, i've come to believe that i'd at least
be able to contribute in some way, but no, deleted after fighting 1v1 with anyone.

I've gotten all the gear i can with emblems (cant seem to get a helm yet though)

any advice would be greately appreciated

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: Help me understand a couple things..

Post#2 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm

I'll work backwards with your second part first. Bolster is something you get in the rvr lakes (areas) that scales directly with your gear. If your gear is current (+/- 1-2 Class Levels, CL) you should stomp or at least do really well vs anyone less than rr75 and in end game gear. Bolster is that good and I know many (myself included) that leveled up via Bolster+Agains All Odds (AAO) with some scrolls to lessen your xp gain (20 silver at most T2+ WCs) and arrived at CL 40 with 50+ rr. Some vids floating around of some people abusing this even more with like CL29 knights that are ~rr56+, though there have been changes recently preventing this. So yeah, keep your gear updated and you should do fine.

Next on rvr. Each time you participate in the capture of a zone you gain some contribution. The top vwxyz% get gold, purple, blue, green, and white bags when a zone is captured. This applies to both sides, with the winning side getting more of each. These bags are where you get your gear as you level and rank up, and have armor, accessories (belt, back, jewellery), and weapons. These items may have additional CL and RR requirements, like you need to be CL&RR 29 for one part of a set and less for other parts of the set. This will continue until you are CL 40, at which point the sets are almost all rr based.

Here we need to talk about Wards. These come in two flavors, pve and rvr. The pve ones may lead to a Best In Slot ring for many classes so you'll have to slog through repeated runs of various dungons if you want those. The Wards work like this: you cannot equipt certain sets until you have completed the previous ward (sets). You can collect the pieces, but not wear them. You can get these pieces either by taking repeatable quests (kill X boss 3 times and you get the piece) or hope for a lucky drop on your first run. You'll need to do Gunbad (about CL 35+) for the Redeye set, which unlocks the next set of dungons in your main city. For Order then you'll do Crypts & Tunnels (C&T) and for destruction you'll do Bloodrot Burrows & Bloodrot Enclave (not sure on Bloodrot names, but you'll see in /5 advertising for BB+BE). These city dungeons also have influence tiers, unlocking two tiers of weapons (2h, or MH, OH) and third tier is the BiS ring. Takes about 15 runs to get tier 3. Make sure each run you also take the repeatable quest to kill all bosses, as this gives an egg-like reward that you can swap for a 7 day super talisman that goes in the ring (+6% block, +4% crit, +36 stat-of-choice etc.). This egg can be gained from the next dungeon as well, Bastion Stairs. This has some secondary talent near-BiS gear and runs the same as city (takes a while to get the stuff, has influence), meaning that if you are a healer for example, this gear will be some nice dps gear for you.

Hope this wasn't too much, but it should answer your question. Good luck.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Rhym3z

Post#3 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:07 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm I'll work backwards with your second part first. Bolster is something you get in the rvr lakes (areas) that scales directly with your gear. If your gear is current (+/- 1-2 Class Levels, CL) you should stomp or at least do really well vs anyone less than rr75 and in end game gear. Bolster is that good and I know many (myself included) that leveled up via Bolster+Agains All Odds (AAO) with some scrolls to lessen your xp gain (20 silver at most T2+ WCs) and arrived at CL 40 with 50+ rr. Some vids floating around of some people abusing this even more with like CL29 knights that are ~rr56+, though there have been changes recently preventing this. So yeah, keep your gear updated and you should do fine.

Next on rvr. Each time you participate in the capture of a zone you gain some contribution. The top vwxyz% get gold, purple, blue, green, and white bags when a zone is captured. This applies to both sides, with the winning side getting more of each. These bags are where you get your gear as you level and rank up, and have armor, accessories (belt, back, jewellery), and weapons. These items may have additional CL and RR requirements, like you need to be CL&RR 29 for one part of a set and less for other parts of the set. This will continue until you are CL 40, at which point the sets are almost all rr based.

Here we need to talk about Wards. These come in two flavors, pve and rvr. The pve ones may lead to a Best In Slot ring for many classes so you'll have to slog through repeated runs of various dungons if you want those. The Wards work like this: you cannot equipt certain sets until you have completed the previous ward (sets). You can collect the pieces, but not wear them. You can get these pieces either by taking repeatable quests (kill X boss 3 times and you get the piece) or hope for a lucky drop on your first run. You'll need to do Gunbad (about CL 35+) for the Redeye set, which unlocks the next set of dungons in your main city. For Order then you'll do Crypts & Tunnels (C&T) and for destruction you'll do Bloodrot Burrows & Bloodrot Enclave (not sure on Bloodrot names, but you'll see in /5 advertising for BB+BE). These city dungeons also have influence tiers, unlocking two tiers of weapons (2h, or MH, OH) and third tier is the BiS ring. Takes about 15 runs to get tier 3. Make sure each run you also take the repeatable quest to kill all bosses, as this gives an egg-like reward that you can swap for a 7 day super talisman that goes in the ring (+6% block, +4% crit, +36 stat-of-choice etc.). This egg can be gained from the next dungeon as well, Bastion Stairs. This has some secondary talent near-BiS gear and runs the same as city (takes a while to get the stuff, has influence), meaning that if you are a healer for example, this gear will be some nice dps gear for you.

Thanks for the detailed reply, makes a lot more sense now thanks.
unfortunately, i've bought all the gear pieces i could find
Last edited by Rhym3z on Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:26 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm I'll work backwards with your second part first. Bolster is something you get in the rvr lakes (areas) that scales directly with your gear. If your gear is current (+/- 1-2 Class Levels, CL) you should stomp or at least do really well vs anyone less than rr75 and in end game gear. Bolster is that good and I know many (myself included) that leveled up via Bolster+Agains All Odds (AAO) with some scrolls to lessen your xp gain (20 silver at most T2+ WCs) and arrived at CL 40 with 50+ rr. Some vids floating around of some people abusing this even more with like CL29 knights that are ~rr56+, though there have been changes recently preventing this. So yeah, keep your gear updated and you should do fine.

Just wanted to add so he doesn't get scared off easily, but you don't need 15runs anymore for the tier 3 influence in C&T/BB&BE you need 7-8 (can't remember if you can go above the needed influence with just 7) runs since like nearly a year ago.

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:44 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:26 pm
phononHYPE wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:08 pm I...
Just wanted to add so he doesn't get scared off easily, but you don't need 15runs anymore for the tier 3 influence in C&T/BB&BE you need 7-8 (can't remember if you can go above the needed influence with just 7) runs since like nearly a year ago.

Wow, reduced runs count makes my alts happy - thanks so much.

@OP, something I forgot to mention about bags and zones, is that you can check your current contribution by typing .bag in your chat.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

reynold

Post#6 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Dont delete your toon at level 16. Of course its going to be tough for you in rvr at that level. It is for everyone. When you overcome the obstacle and obtain a higher level its kind of a feeling of accomplishment. To answer your question of what is the benefits of capturing zones. That would be renown points and medallions. And to kill opponents or assist this. To answer your question of you want advice: Level your favorite character to 40. Do it the long way in RvR (PlayervsPlayer). Because that will make you tougher than a PvE (PlayervsEnvironment)quest toon. This may take a while. Im fairly new to this game also. Ive been playing a few months. But for me it was easiest to level a knobs knight or chosen. The reason is because they are tanks and novice friendly. They are tough so you wont die as much as other classes do, so you can be alive more and learn about the game. I learned mostly by watching others and following them. After a few days i had the basics down of how to RvR. So level a toon you like to 40. And then turn it into a farmer. So you can make gold fast. Then when you make your next toon you can easily support him from buying stuff that it needs to make it a go-getter. Some might say the best way to make gold is from crafting. I disagree. It takes alot lots and lots and lots... of time to get your crafting skill to the max. And then you must obtain the ingredients that youll need to craft, even more time... And then if you want to sell it on auction house in game, this takes time too. Sometimes days or it may never sell if its too expensive. This as you can see adss up to days and weeks... for crafting for gold. On the other hand a good level 40 knight for example, can make you 100 an hour or more farming pq's. Looting all of the bodies of coin and any kinds of drops. Take the to nearest vendor and sell. Fast gold. I hope this helps. Thank you.
Qui court deux lievres a la fois, n'en prend aucun! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2aOtO ... AU6sST9y3A

Rhym3z

Post#7 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:06 pm

reynold wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:38 pm Dont delete your toon at level 16. Of course its going to be tough for you in rvr at that level. It is for everyone. When you overcome the obstacle and obtain a higher level its kind of a feeling of accomplishment. To answer your question of what is the benefits of capturing zones. That would be renown points and medallions. And to kill opponents or assist this. To answer your question of you want advice: Level your favorite character to 40. Do it the long way in RvR (PlayervsPlayer). Because that will make you tougher than a PvE (PlayervsEnvironment)quest toon. This may take a while. Im fairly new to this game also. Ive been playing a few months. But for me it was easiest to level a knobs knight or chosen. The reason is because they are tanks and novice friendly. They are tough so you wont die as much as other classes do, so you can be alive more and learn about the game. I learned mostly by watching others and following them. After a few days i had the basics down of how to RvR. So level a toon you like to 40. And then turn it into a farmer. So you can make gold fast. Then when you make your next toon you can easily support him from buying stuff that it needs to make it a go-getter. Some might say the best way to make gold is from crafting. I disagree. It takes alot lots and lots and lots... of time to get your crafting skill to the max. And then you must obtain the ingredients that youll need to craft, even more time... And then if you want to sell it on auction house in game, this takes time too. Sometimes days or it may never sell if its too expensive. This as you can see adss up to days and weeks... for crafting for gold. On the other hand a good level 40 knight for example, can make you 100 an hour or more farming pq's. Looting all of the bodies of coin and any kinds of drops. Take the to nearest vendor and sell. Fast gold. I hope this helps. Thank you.
This helps a lot thank you