Recent Topics

Ads

Are multiple accounts allowed?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
zulnam

Re: Are multiple accounts allowed?

Post#11 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:38 am

This is something super annoying and that i will go to bat for always.

Multiple accounts is NOT THE SAME as multiboxing.

It might look the same in the T&S. I assume that was done to save time.

But a player wanting to try 24 characters (limited to 20, not easy to change apparently) is not the same as a player playing 3 characters at the same time using a 3rd party tool.

Really really wish they changed this in the T&S.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#12 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:30 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:19 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:37 pm

Multiple players using the same accounts would presumably be detected through shared IPs, though. So the original question is that if he and his kids all had different accounts, but used the same computers often, would that be an issue? The answer is "quite possibly, yes".
I wasn't sure they use all the same computer. His kids playing with him would suggest there are different pcs and different accounts.
If they have the same IP, it will look server-side that someone has logged in with multiple accounts.

Gizbyt

Post#13 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:55 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:30 am

Multiple players using the same accounts would presumably be detected through shared IPs, though. So the original question is that if he and his kids all had different accounts, but used the same computers often, would that be an issue? The answer is "quite possibly, yes".
I wasn't sure they use all the same computer. His kids playing with him would suggest there are different pcs and different accounts.
If they have the same IP, it will look server-side that someone has logged in with multiple accounts.
Me and the Flat mate never had an issue when we both played together, Different accounts, different computers...same flat/internet connection...
Small time Streamer - https://www.twitch.tv/gizbyt

Come say hey! Happy to help where I can!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:51 pm

Gizbyt wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:55 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:30 am
Me and the Flat mate never had an issue when we both played together, Different accounts, different computers...same flat/internet connection...
This is the difference between not being supported and being against the rules. 99% of the time unless you're actually breaking rules, no one is going to check if you and 10 other people are playing from the same location. The only time we check on you is when we're given a reason to do so. So as long as everyone is behaving nicely and legitimately playing the game, you'll never be bothered by us playing with multiple accounts at the same location.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Deiwulv

Post#15 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm

Thank you all for the responses! It's greatly appreciated. It would definitely be a case of different accounts, different computers, everyone separate. The kids would kill me, or each other, if one of us played on the other's account! lol

Thanks again everyone, I believe my question is solved.

gebajger

Post#16 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:27 pm

I just made a 2nd account few days ago, for communication (talking to destro), mainly to invite ppl to the friday night event.
It only has a single lvl1 toon, and i wont lvl anything on that account. I'm not a trashtalker either, ppl who know me can confirm this.
All my destro are on my main account, so whenever i want to play them, the lockout applies.
I hope this is ok
Rioz

Sulorie

Post#17 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Deiwulv wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm Thank you all for the responses! It's greatly appreciated. It would definitely be a case of different accounts, different computers, everyone separate. The kids would kill me, or each other, if one of us played on the other's account! lol

Thanks again everyone, I believe my question is solved.
As long as you don't kill each other ingame, all is fine, as this would be against the rules. :P
And remember that rule breaking on one of those accounts can hit all others too, when they shared IP.
Dying is no option.

F4llen4ngel

Post#18 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:48 am

I am doing this exactly with my sons, 3 pc, 3 account, 1 household, they love this game, hope it won't be a problem. Before, when they were younger, they kicked me from my chair when they wanted to try out, so I was kinda forced to create them accs :)
Bicska this Bicska that

Ads