Recent Topics

Ads

Are multiple accounts allowed?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Deiwulv

Are multiple accounts allowed?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Hello all!

New player here, just getting started and really enjoying it so far. My kids have become interested in playing with me. Are multiple accounts coming from the same house hold allowed? I know on some servers (ex project 1999) have some strict no bot rules and you need special clearance to have several players coming from the same IP.

If I could get some clarification on this I would greatly appreciate it. I want to avoid breaking any rules if I can. :D

Ads
space44

Re: Are multiple accounts allowed?

Post#2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:40 pm

ive heard from people who owns multiple active accounts for the reason of 20 character slots isn't enough though they don't usually say that stuff publicly usually only in /officer or /tell. There is definitely a rule against multiboxing which is having 2 or more accounts logged on at the same time and you will get banned when you get caught.
so from my experience of people who opens up to owning multiple accounts and mentions it privately id say its sketchy.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Bignusty

Post#3 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Just ysterday a guy was banned for multi boxing (playing whit multiple account)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:53 pm

read here:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=17906&p=204550&hil ... nt#p204550
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:03 pm
FireFiend wrote:Hello dear GMs

Me and my friend from RL started playing (and enjoying) your Server quite recently. Now after leveling our Mains we would like to make a shared account for some farm and craft chars we would never use more than one account at the same time. Would that violate your rules specificly multiboxing?

Thanks you for your time answering this question
We do not approve of multiple accounts. You receive 20 character slots on a single account, that should be more than enough.
We do not approve of sharing login information or accounts. If you are sharing an account and "something happens" to characters on that account, we will dismiss it. It is not supported.

That being said, we are not actively enforcing a single account. If this changes in the future, having multiple accounts would be quite a problem. Currently, only one account per player is supported as far as the GM team is concerned. We do realize many players use multiple accounts.

space44

Post#5 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:56 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:53 pm read here:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=17906&p=204550&hil ... nt#p204550
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:03 pm
FireFiend wrote:Hello dear GMs

Me and my friend from RL started playing (and enjoying) your Server quite recently. Now after leveling our Mains we would like to make a shared account for some farm and craft chars we would never use more than one account at the same time. Would that violate your rules specificly multiboxing?

Thanks you for your time answering this question
We do not approve of multiple accounts. You receive 20 character slots on a single account, that should be more than enough.
We do not approve of sharing login information or accounts. If you are sharing an account and "something happens" to characters on that account, we will dismiss it. It is not supported.

That being said, we are not actively enforcing a single account. If this changes in the future, having multiple accounts would be quite a problem. Currently, only one account per player is supported as far as the GM team is concerned. We do realize many players use multiple accounts.
Yeah that's like 2 years after the servers release. Its now 2021 and 8 years of this servers existence. Could be outdated.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Deiwulv

Post#6 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:00 pm

Interesting. Thank you for all the input. We wouldn't be sharing characters, everyone would have separate accounts. Can I contact a GM and ask for their blessing?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Deiwulv wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:00 pm Interesting. Thank you for all the input. We wouldn't be sharing characters, everyone would have separate accounts. Can I contact a GM and ask for their blessing?
Multiple accounts are still not supported and we recommend only having one. Read the TOS, particularly when it gets slightly more passive aggressive in tone. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:03 pm
Deiwulv wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:00 pm Interesting. Thank you for all the input. We wouldn't be sharing characters, everyone would have separate accounts. Can I contact a GM and ask for their blessing?
Multiple accounts are still not supported and we recommend only having one. Read the TOS, particularly when it gets slightly more passive aggressive in tone. :)
I don't think it is about multiple accounts for one player, the topic is about multiple players in same household using each one unique account.
I mean, how else one can someone play the game with their family? :)
Obviously all have to be able to follow GM instructions independent from each other, to verify, that there are multiple individuals playing.
Dying is no option.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#9 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:37 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:03 pm
I don't think it is about multiple accounts for one player, the topic is about multiple players in same household using each one unique account.
I mean, how else one can someone play the game with their family? :)
Obviously all have to be able to follow GM instructions independent from each other, to verify, that there are multiple individuals playing.
Multiple players using the same accounts would presumably be detected through shared IPs, though. So the original question is that if he and his kids all had different accounts, but used the same computers often, would that be an issue? The answer is "quite possibly, yes".

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:19 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:37 pm

Multiple players using the same accounts would presumably be detected through shared IPs, though. So the original question is that if he and his kids all had different accounts, but used the same computers often, would that be an issue? The answer is "quite possibly, yes".
I wasn't sure they use all the same computer. His kids playing with him would suggest there are different pcs and different accounts.
Dying is no option.