Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster vs Kotbs

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Lastfury

Swordmaster vs Kotbs

Post#1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi, usually I play from 8.00 am to 01.00 p.m. ...i really like to be in front line in rvr and I like to play pve , so I start to play tank , and I cant choice from sm and kotbs ....can someone explain me the difference of these two tank class? ...now I have sm at lvl 13 and kotbs at lvl 12, and I need to do a choice ...helps pls :D

Ads
Paxsanarion

Re: Swordmaster vs Kotbs

Post#2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:46 pm

Lastfury wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:43 pm Hi, usually I play from 8.00 am to 01.00 p.m. ...i really like to be in front line in rvr and I like to play pve , so I start to play tank , and I cant choice from sm and kotbs ....can someone explain me the difference of these two tank class? ...now I have sm at lvl 13 and kotbs at lvl 12, and I need to do a choice ...helps pls :D

This may help...
viewtopic.php?t=35194

and my choice would be Knight :-)

Kornaker

Post#3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:59 pm

SM is the magical tank, every attack deal spirit damage , his mechanic is about plan ( take plan b as Addon).
KOBS is a very good aura buffer/debuffer. With Last change about class if you want to dos with him you will need to go full weaponskill as he deal physical damage on post attack and sole in elemental damage. You Can have 3 aura that buff all in a 100ft range some are 30ft for debuff.

The 2 class are good depend on your playstyle. KOBS are needed on every warband but will never ever be better dps tank than SM ( same stuff same guy on keyboard).
Usually for tanking on RVR SM are wirlwind buff and KOBS are healing tactic and buff. None more.
The 2 tank are good for actual PVE. SM could be a little underpowered for next PVE content ( in tanking i mean).

Lastfury

Post#4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Oh thx mates...i read all, and i choice sword master 8-)

Martok

Post#5 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:24 pm

Lastfury wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:43 pmHi, usually I play from 8.00 am to 01.00 p.m. ...i really like to be in front line in rvr and I like to play pve , so I start to play tank , and I cant choice from sm and kotbs ....can someone explain me the difference of these two tank class? ...now I have sm at lvl 13 and kotbs at lvl 12, and I need to do a choice ...helps pls

Just be aware that if you level an SM when you start running in RvR warbands for whatever venue you will be pressured to spec S&B and regulated to playing as nothing but a guard-bot. Which is boring. I mean four-ability spamming boring. Therefore if your idea of fun is mashing the same four buttons repeatedly then by all means roll S&B. However if you want to enjoy the SM class say screw all that and go two-hand. You may not be invited to many city warbands however the beauty of cities is you no longer need to do them in order to get SOV gear. Free yourself. Level a two-hand SM and enjoy the game.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Paxsanarion

Post#6 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:26 pm

Martok wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:24 pm
Lastfury wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:43 pmHi, usually I play from 8.00 am to 01.00 p.m. ...i really like to be in front line in rvr and I like to play pve , so I start to play tank , and I cant choice from sm and kotbs ....can someone explain me the difference of these two tank class? ...now I have sm at lvl 13 and kotbs at lvl 12, and I need to do a choice ...helps pls

Just be aware that if you level an SM when you start running in RvR warbands for whatever venue you will be pressured to spec S&B and regulated to playing as nothing but a guard-bot. Which is boring. I mean four-ability spamming boring. Therefore if your idea of fun is mashing the same four buttons repeatedly then by all means roll S&B. However if you want to enjoy the SM class say screw all that and go two-hand. You may not be invited to many city warbands however the beauty of cities is you no longer need to do them in order to get SOV gear. Free yourself. Level a two-hand SM and enjoy the game.
Excellent Advice from one who knows what he is talking about :-)

Lastfury

Post#7 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:44 pm

Martok wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:24 pm

I don't know what is S&B....I like rvr in wb but i like solo roaming too, so i will play 2hand 😊

Aethilmar

Post#8 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:47 pm

First, welcome to the wonderful world of tanks. :)

I would suggest getting them both to 40/4x and then making a decision before you push any further. Although you can get a taste for their general mechanics before 40/4x you won't be able to get a feel for their effectiveness. And if you happen to love one set of mechanics over the other then play what you love.

However, I am reasonably confident that when you hit 40/4x with both you will see that Knight is far more effective and survivable than the SM at that point. And SM won't get any meaningful damage until you get in the 40/6x range with the appropriate gear which means you will be running Sword & Board or just constantly getting stomped.

Not trying to turn you off on SM but I do want to offer a realistic view of the path ahead for you.

That said, once you get gear and sufficient RR, 2h SM can be very fun even though it is still probably the least best tank on Order (I know IB folks are going to argue about that but they are dwarves and their opinions don't count :P ).

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:55 pm

S&B stands for Sword and Board aka shield)))

Look, I am not going to advise about choosing SM and Knight because I chose IB. I tried all three though but liked IB.

If you choose SM as 2h heavy infantry unit then like told above you will be cursed often by own allies. Think about it before you are too far. In this game tanks must defend allies and Order is constantly short of good protectors - everyone tries to dps, including tanks and healers and things go tits up for us because of that very often.

So if you reconsider and decide to go s&b then consider IB too. This is the best tank to place in choke points but the weak side of it is that he can only offer single target buffs, very diverse and strong ones though. IB is more difficult to master as sometimes it is like playing piano. But it is absolutely manageable.

Good luck and welcome to the world of tanks.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Paxsanarion

Post#10 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:23 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:55 pm S&B stands for Sword and Board aka shield)))

Look, I am not going to advise about choosing SM and Knight because I chose IB. I tried all three though but liked IB.

If you choose SM as 2h heavy infantry unit then like told above you will be cursed often by own allies. Think about it before you are too far. In this game tanks must defend allies and Order is constantly short of good protectors - everyone tries to dps, including tanks and healers and things go tits up for us because of that very often.

So if you reconsider and decide to go s&b then consider IB too. This is the best tank to place in choke points but the weak side of it is that he can only offer single target buffs, very diverse and strong ones though. IB is more difficult to master as sometimes it is like playing piano. But it is absolutely manageable.

Good luck and welcome to the world of tanks.
I play each one of the Order Tanks and I love them all for different reasons.......Ironbreaker Axe and Shield is most fun I think, but I play Knight Sword and Shield more often because it is most helpful to Warband...Swordmaster I enjoy playing 2 hand small scale :-)