Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster vs Kotbs

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Charon

Re: Swordmaster vs Kotbs

Post#11 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:58 am

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:47 pm First, welcome to the wonderful world of tanks. :)

I would suggest getting them both to 40/4x and then making a decision before you push any further. Although you can get a taste for their general mechanics before 40/4x you won't be able to get a feel for their effectiveness. And if you happen to love one set of mechanics over the other then play what you love.

However, I am reasonably confident that when you hit 40/4x with both you will see that Knight is far more effective and survivable than the SM at that point. And SM won't get any meaningful damage until you get in the 40/6x range with the appropriate gear which means you will be running Sword & Board or just constantly getting stomped.

Not trying to turn you off on SM but I do want to offer a realistic view of the path ahead for you.

That said, once you get gear and sufficient RR, 2h SM can be very fun even though it is still probably the least best tank on Order (I know IB folks are going to argue about that but they are dwarves and their opinions don't count :P ).
hmm i think we have a bit diferent opinion how usefull is SM in this game.... especialy for warband play

If OP does decide to roll SM - (snb sm) SMASH is recruiting this class ...so pm me
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Ads
Earthcake

Post#12 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:08 pm

Whatever you decide, do NOT pick based on "go 2h bruh!" or "snb or useless!" comments.

Free mastery and renown respec, just play both based on which content you gonna play at that time, and have double the fun.

(not sure that was proper english, but you get the point i guess)

Noslock

Post#13 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 pm

The only question that you should ask urself is: once i gear up and level up do i want to be able to do some damage here and there sometimes?If yes go sm.I would go sm cause i like to roam solo while being able to kill something.

Gargis

Post#14 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:08 pm

There is nothing wrong with going s/b spec as a SM, even for small man play. Why? Because the best punt is in the middle tree and is long range. Do not bind your AE Knockback to Nerfed buttons.