Recent Topics

Ads

Healing Class for Casual Play

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
bigbald

Healing Class for Casual Play

Post#1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02 pm

Hey all,

Just starting back after playing this game for a hiccup back in the day. I'm interested in playing a Healer without any huge preference between factions. My goal is to actually heal whilst doing group content, but I'm also super casual, so I'm never going to be getting top end gear and the like. I just want to log in and have some fun for a bit before logging off.

Like I said, the goal is to actually heal, but I'd rather not be completely inept when solo. I'm a little worried if I pick a class like the Runepriest or the Zealot, for example, that my dos would be too low to effectively enjoy myself on my own.

Could people chime in with their thoughts on how the healers currently stack up, especially for somebody who will likely just be playing in a somewhat non-competitive manner? I'd like something that ultimately would let me learn as I go, not be super irritating to level, and let me be at least somewhat effective even if I'm not an amazing player.

Thanks!

Ads
AxelF

Re: Healing Class for Casual Play

Post#2 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:29 pm

It depends what you want to do really - if you only want to heal then even as a super casual player there will be no occasion that you can't log on and instantly find a group to join - especially if you roll a WP/DoK or a RP/Zealot. Even if you play a Sham/AM you're going to instantly get an invite to a WB 99% of the time if you play it as heal spec.

If you want to occasionally derp around and play DPS for a bit of a break/change then AM/Sham are the best for that, probably followed by DoK.

If you want to keep all your options open I'd say roll a DoK - you're guaranteed an invite to any RvR group of any size as a chalice healer, you can mess about as a DPS if you want and also farm mats as a dual wield, and can be a god in PvE dungeons as 1H and shield spec.

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:35 pm

As a person who doesn't like healing but rolled a few to see what their mechanics were so I knew how to best kill them:

If you don't mind being super slow in solo PVE grinding, RP/Zealot is the best "casual" healer IMO. They have nice survival tools and a great healing kit.

If you want to be able to solo grind PVE and still have really good heals and group buffs and generally high survivability, WP/DoK is the way to go.

If you want to be able to solo grind PVE, have a semi-valid DPS option then AM or Shammie. If you want to survive, Shammie. If you want to look cool twirling a big staff while you invite every Destro around to come kill you then you want AM. :P

Taxen0

Post#4 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:14 am

I main Zealot and can recommend that one. It is a pretty straight forward healer, no extra mechanics or resources too keep track of.

And you only need vanq gear to be pretty close to bis gear.

You are the squishiest healer though, but its not too bad.
Floffel - Zealot

bigbald

Post#5 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:26 am

Thanks for the replies!

Bit of a follow up: How similar are the mirror classes currently? For example, I see mention that you could potentially be a viable dps if you play a DoK, but don't see the same for WP. Are there larger fundamental differences between the mirror classes than what is on the surface?

Bloodmasked

Post#6 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 am

bigbald wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:26 am Thanks for the replies!

Bit of a follow up: How similar are the mirror classes currently? For example, I see mention that you could potentially be a viable dps if you play a DoK, but don't see the same for WP. Are there larger fundamental differences between the mirror classes than what is on the surface?
WP and Dok are basically the same

Naelar

Post#7 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:43 am

bigbald wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:26 am Thanks for the replies!

In the case of the healers, not really. RP/Zealot is about the closest thing to true mirror classes in the game.

bigbald

Post#8 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:07 am

I played around for a bit with each of the Healers, mostly to get a feel for the aesthetic, and have narrowed down my choice to between the Runepriest and the Shaman. Both have some really cool appeal (Runepriest has a fun LotR type of Dwarf vibe and the Shaman is, well, hilarious).

When it comes to leveling, how does each one fare? I'm a little worried about a combo of squishiness as well as feeling like I'm hitting like a wet noodle. At low level, everything is cake, but I imagine it doesn't stay that way.

Does wither class hit a point where frustration sets in that makes the process overly arduous?

Thanks!

Ads
Sofong

Post#9 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:45 am

cant go wrong with WP/DOK, they are simple, survivable and effective.

anarchypark

Post#10 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:49 am

as a casual player, you need to set expectations lower.
not because you're casual but others are angry sharks to hunt, been doing that 24/7.
healers are often first target or abandoned as podder.

so get in the grp/wb for help.
leech and learn first.
indivisually, experienced casuals are almost same as experienced hardcore.
synergy and team play are the difference.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)