Recent Topics

Ads

Best pve tank / heal

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
kahun

Best pve tank / heal

Post#1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:26 am

Hi everyone,i want to play war and im a pve focused player,id like to know the best healer and tank for pve, order and chaos. If you explain it a little bit would be awesome. Thanks everyone

Ads
Collision

Re: Best pve tank / heal

Post#2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:35 am

Hello,

This game and server aren't pve focus. they aren't a lot of pve content and other players aren't going to take you in a party if you are rank 40 and pvp rank 0.

All tanks and healers work well for pve.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 am

kahun wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:26 am Hi everyone,i want to play war and im a pve focused player,id like to know the best healer and tank for pve, order and chaos. If you explain it a little bit would be awesome. Thanks everyone
Welcome to the server. While it is indeed true that the server isn't primarily PvE focused(neither is it primarily PvP focused, it was designed as a hybrid), there is still a LOT of PvE content. Also, PvE gives quite good gear, the only thing that could make you go into a lake(PvP) is the RR(PvP xp) talents - a system I do not agree with existing in the first place. And all it takes for you to have fun is knowing 1-5 other players, so disregard what other randoms will or will not do.

As for your question, define "PvE" please. Are we talking solo, group, both?

kahun

Post#4 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am

arorwne wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 am
kahun wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:26 am Hi everyone,i want to play war and im a pve focused player,id like to know the best healer and tank for pve, order and chaos. If you explain it a little bit would be awesome. Thanks everyone
Welcome to the server. While it is indeed true that the server isn't primarily PvE focused(neither is it primarily PvP focused, it was designed as a hybrid), there is still a LOT of PvE content. Also, PvE gives quite good gear, the only thing that could make you go into a lake(PvP) is the RR(PvP xp) talents - a system I do not agree with existing in the first place. And all it takes for you to have fun is knowing 1-5 other players, so disregard what other randoms will or will not do.

Thanks guys for the answers. I know the game / server isnt pve focused, but theres still pve to do. Id say both, solo and group, id like to play dungeons , world bosses ( if thats a thing here ) and some pvp. Thanks again.

AxelF

Post#5 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:17 am

Heal wise I'd definitely recommend WP/DoK - they have three viable specs and excel in all content - solo (especially solo PvE), 2 up to 6 man RvR content, 6 man and 24 man PvE, and mass WB scale RvR.

You have choice of chalice/book heal spec, which involves pretty much exclusively casted heals - you're also the most tanky healer by a long way, so this spec can be played as a pure backline healer, but you can get away with being in the thick of things much more than any of the other healers. Great for large scale RvR.

You can also go 1H and shield spec, which is god-tier for PvE content, especially 6 man dungeons. This spec is unmatched in situations where you have a reliable target to hit, but aren't going to be swarmed by a WB of enemies who all focus you, as you can put out unbelievable levels of heals and also contribute some damage. It's particularly vulnerable to situations where you can't land a hit though, so mainly solo/small-scale RvR where enemies will kite you.

Finally you can go DPS spec (either 2H for WP or dual wield for DoK. I think DoK has the slightly better end of this deal, but WP can make it work too in RvR - really needs the right group mates though. This spec can also be really efficient for solo PvE questing/exploring or when grinding mobs for crafting mats.

That's not to say the others healers aren't viable in PvE and RvR - you can complete all content with any of the three archetypes, but WP/DoK is God-tier for 6 man dungeons and excels in all other scale content too.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:03 am

kahun wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 am
arorwne wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks guys for the answers. I know the game / server isnt pve focused, but theres still pve to do. Id say both, solo and group, id like to play dungeons , world bosses ( if thats a thing here ) and some pvp. Thanks again.
I guess you mean small scale PvP. As for what you want:

ORDER:

Knight or Ironbreaker(dwarf) for a tank. Knight is always useful, has a plethora of good abilities and is very good with a shield, should you want to go down that route. Ironbreaker is better on its own and for solo endeavors though. Your choice.

Any healer could work, but given the gear dependency, I'd have to say either Rune Priest(Dwarf) or Archmage(Elf). Warrior Priest is godlike, but requires quite some gear outside of pure heals. Maybe the Archmage is the best solution here, RP can work as well. Given what I have suggested on Destro side, I'm gonna suggest Rune Priest here.

DESTRUCTION:

Chosen or Black Ork. Chosen is Destro variant of Knight(worse than imo) and BlOrk is simply ridiculously good, can become super tanky, super fast while still offering options for solo, dps etc. I suggest BlOrk.

Again, any healer could work, but I really suggest Shaman(roughly AM equivalent) here. He's simply super safe, rather simple(all things considered), not really gear dependent etc. Zealot(=RP equivalent) is also quite welcoming, but next to Shammy...eh. Disciple works beautifully, but requires even more gear than WP outside of heal spam.