Recent Topics

Ads

Healer vs Healer - The Infinity Fight

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
bigbald

Healer vs Healer - The Infinity Fight

Post#1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:47 pm

Hey all, weird question time. I've been playing around at leveling a healer, more or less cycling through them to see what I like. I was playing a WP the other night, having some fun with a small group, hitting some objectives. I got separated from my group and ran right into a solo Shaman.

So we fought.
And fought.
And fought.
And fought.

My health would drop, I'd heal right back up. His would only ever drop slightly, but then he'd be back up. There was just absolutely nothing to be done. Neither of us could kill the other. If he had been better at kiting me, he probably would have had a chance, but as it was, this fight was destined to go on forever.

I tried to stop, show that we should go on our separate ways as this just wasn't accomplishing anything, but the dude was persistent. The only way it ended was because I painfully slowly led him back to Order territory and he took off.

My question: What the heck do you do in this situation? Is there some sort of globally accepted signal that says "Hey dude, let's just drop this, we aren't making progress here"?

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Healer vs Healer - The Infinity Fight

Post#2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:30 pm

bigbald wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:47 pm My question: What the heck do you do in this situation? Is there some sort of globally accepted signal that says "Hey dude, let's just drop this, we aren't making progress here"?
What to do?

/bow, /no or /stop and walk away awkwardly. Healer vs healer takes about 10 mins and it's about waiting for your opponent to make a mistake or simply give up to boredom. Same case with tank vs tank.

In duels healer wins if opponent cannot kill him/her in 5 minutes or such were the rules of Karak Norn Eataine duel scene :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

bigbald

Re: Healer vs Healer - The Infinity Fight

Post#3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:16 am

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:30 pm What to do?

/bow, /no or /stop and walk away awkwardly. Healer vs healer takes about 10 mins and it's about waiting for your opponent to make a mistake or simply give up to boredom. Same case with tank vs tank.

In duels healer wins if opponent cannot kill him/her in 5 minutes or such were the rules of Karak Norn Eataine duel scene :)
Thanks, I'll try the emotes if the situation comes up again. I think eventually he could have beaten me, just keeping away from me for a bit probably would have done the trick, but I doubt I had a chance to beat him. Still, it was certainly an interesting experience.

The unfortunate side effect is that it made me want to try a Shaman.