Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#21 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:11 pm

angarvin wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 am this guide (from 2021) says to use the torrent. the other two guides (from 2014 and 2019) also say to use the torrent.
if using the torrent was always a better (if not the only viable) option, why "download full game" is the first button given to the user and is the one with the golden font (implying it's the go to option)?
i've been running the installer for 10 minutes thinking it was getting some big file before noticing that it's not stuck on one message but instead it's posting the same message over and over again. now i don't know if it actually downloaded anything or created some residual files of any kind that are stored somewhere on my pc (something that is most definitely is going to bug me)
why have the "download full game" button at all if it's not working? why have the "confirm email" text and screenshot if the system is automated as the page states immediately after that? or is it? because right after the registration the site did ask me to verify my email and i did get the message with the link in my mail.

i never played ROR, it's my first time on this site, i haven't even downloaded the game yet and it's already extremely confusing and janky. as a result i'm having second thoughts about if i even want to get into all this. maybe it's just me and noone else is having trouble but imo you're pushing away new blood like this.
I ask myself these questions as well. It's just not that high up on the priority list it seems. Modifying the website isn't simple HTML, there's quite a lot of backend jank to it. There's been a slow burn redesign in the works for quite a while, but when we ever get to it is the real mystery.

In the meantime, the current instructions are the first challenge. How to read and follow instructions, how to troubleshoot. Does it drive away players looking for a one button install? It sure does... It sure does...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Post#22 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:20 pm

Little push, maybe it will help someone

Bozetovenaar

Post#23 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:56 am

so i downloaded the game and played for a hour and now i have to download evrything again wtf i just wanna play.

it keeps patching evytime i start the launcher.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#24 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:08 am

Bozetovenaar wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:56 am so i downloaded the game and played for a hour and now i have to download evrything again wtf i just wanna play.

it keeps patching evytime i start the launcher.
Hey,

the RoR Launcher.exe is still in your RoR folder with all the other files?

Bozetovenaar

Post#25 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:15 am

i just lost the launcher, can i get it back?

Lilim
Community Management

Post#26 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:43 am

Bozetovenaar wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:15 am i just lost the launcher, can i get it back?

Hey,

here the link http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe

If it doesn't work just copy & paste the link in your URL bar

Coldara

Post#27 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:34 pm

Hey everyone,

i am currently struggling with the installation of the game.

I followed the installation guide, replaced launcher & WAR files, disabled Read-Only. I open the game, no models, close it, restart the launcher as admin, no additional download is happeing. Restarting the game, still no models. Repairing the launcher also doesn't help. Redoing everyting from scratch in case i missed something also doesn't help.
I played the game couple years ago on the same machine, no issues back then.

https://imgur.com/BD24pV8

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Don't know if that was it but i put the game on a different drive and it worked there.

gugule

Post#28 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:54 am

hello here is my problem I was able to install the games without problem I followed everything, once in games I can only see the weapons of my character, I tried to fix in the options of the launcher, except it me says all is well and don't relaunch a new update, plus i'm a laptop pc and i only have one drive so no need to put it on the original one what should i do? (sorry for my english i use google trad ^^)

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Post#29 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:48 am

gugule wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:54 am hello here is my problem I was able to install the games without problem I followed everything, once in games I can only see the weapons of my character, I tried to fix in the options of the launcher, except it me says all is well and don't relaunch a new update, plus i'm a laptop pc and i only have one drive so no need to put it on the original one what should i do? (sorry for my english i use google trad ^^)

Hey,

you can join the RoR discord anytime (link in my signature) and poke in #technical-advice, so we can check your install together.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#30 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:47 pm

This sure is a helpful guide. I'm happy you made it Lilim. It means a lot to me that someone was able to put into such neat and clean instructions despite how janky our install can be for some people. I'm sure it will help out a lot in the future and no one will even complain about it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog