Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Dardrius

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#11 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:51 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:50 pm
Dardrius wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:46 pm Ive gotten an error after 50 files and those files it did downloads are downloading incredibly slow, its going to take like over 24 hours to download those files. Is there any way I can torrent them instead like with the main torrent? I was getting very fast speeds that way.
Is there a reason you don't just use the torrent? If you've tried it and got fast speeds - what's the issue?
The latest patches arent included in the main torrent file as far as I know. Those have to be downloaded with the launcher. Its about 1k files.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#12 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:56 pm

Dardrius wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:51 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:50 pm
Dardrius wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:46 pm Ive gotten an error after 50 files and those files it did downloads are downloading incredibly slow, its going to take like over 24 hours to download those files. Is there any way I can torrent them instead like with the main torrent? I was getting very fast speeds that way.
Is there a reason you don't just use the torrent? If you've tried it and got fast speeds - what's the issue?
The latest patches arent included in the main torrent file as far as I know. Those have to be downloaded with the launcher. Its about 1k files.
Wait - so you've downloaded the torrent. And now you're patching and it's erroring?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Dardrius

Post#13 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm

edit: downloading the manifest takes like a full 2 minutes or so

Yes this post I made was in regards to patching. It is downloading incredibly slow. And I got an error at around file number 50 after like an hour an a half of downloading

Edit: I just errored at file 39 after trying again

Kaelang

Post#14 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:13 pm

Dardrius wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm

Yes this post I made was in regards to patching. It is downloading incredibly slow. And I got an error at around file number 50 after like an hour an a half of downloading

Knowing what the error says would help. :P
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Dardrius

Post#15 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:25 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:13 pm

I started it over to get an error but Im on file 71 now with no error. I will reply again if it errors

edit: Thankyou for the assistance so far btw :)

Dardrius

Post#16 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:13 pm

It errored at file 113. I have attached a screenshot of the error as some of the text cuts off and I cant enlarge the window to see it so I just screenshotted everything visible. I hope this helps.

https://imgur.com/NEkzr8I

GnecRowManser

Post#17 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:46 am

I click the link to download the new launcher, but nothing happens, it just opens a new tab for a few seconds and closes, and I have nothing downloading or downloaded, I've tried to click a about a dozen times, waiting a few minutes in between and stuff, any advice for what I should do or what could be happening?

Edit: never mind, I figured it out. I fixed my problem by copying the link address. I opened a new tab and right clicked the search bar and clicked paste and search, and then the launcher downloaded.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#18 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:55 am

GnecRowManser wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:46 am I click the link to download the new launcher, but nothing happens, it just opens a new tab for a few seconds and closes, and I have nothing downloading or downloaded, I've tried to click a about a dozen times, waiting a few minutes in between and stuff, any advice for what I should do or what could be happening?

Edit: never mind, I figured it out. I fixed my problem by copying the link address. I opened a new tab and right clicked the search bar and clicked paste and search, and then the launcher downloaded.
Hey,

I guess this is browser related or something. But glad you did the sneaky way :D

Ads
Dardrius

Post#19 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Lilim wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:56 am
It errored at file 113. I have attached a screenshot of the error as some of the text cuts off and I cant enlarge the window to see it so I just screenshotted everything visible. I hope this helps.

https://imgur.com/NEkzr8I
Hey,

if the issue still persists, please join the RoR discord and poke in #technical-advice (link in my signature)
I let it run overnight and it worked! Im in game!

I dont know if you guys did something on your end or if it was coincidence but thankyou either way for all the replies and assistance in this thread!!

angarvin

Post#20 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 am

this guide (from 2021) says to use the torrent. the other two guides (from 2014 and 2019) also say to use the torrent.
if using the torrent was always a better (if not the only viable) option, why "download full game" is the first button given to the user and is the one with the golden font (implying it's the go to option)?
i've been running the installer for 10 minutes thinking it was getting some big file before noticing that it's not stuck on one message but instead it's posting the same message over and over again. now i don't know if it actually downloaded anything or created some residual files of any kind that are stored somewhere on my pc (something that is most definitely is going to bug me)
why have the "download full game" button at all if it's not working? why have the "confirm email" text and screenshot if the system is automated as the page states immediately after that? or is it? because right after the registration the site did ask me to verify my email and i did get the message with the link in my mail.

i never played ROR, it's my first time on this site, i haven't even downloaded the game yet and it's already extremely confusing and janky. as a result i'm having second thoughts about if i even want to get into all this. maybe it's just me and noone else is having trouble but imo you're pushing away new blood like this.