Recent Topics

Ads

What DoTs stack more than 3x?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Albane

What DoTs stack more than 3x?

Post#1 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Just curious which classes can be better used in large scale fights with DoTs as their main damage source. Any AoE DoTs?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: What DoTs stack more than 3x?

Post#2 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:09 pm

Albane wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 pm Just curious which classes can be better used in large scale fights with DoTs as their main damage source. Any AoE DoTs?
There is no aoe class to rely on dots as their main dmg source.

Magus, engineer and shadow warrior have noticeable aoe dots.
The closest is probably shadow warrior with basically one dot, which stacks 3 times and deals good damage. The downside is, it is removed with one cleanse.
Dying is no option.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 pm

Albane wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:24 pm Just curious which classes can be better used in large scale fights with DoTs as their main damage source. Any AoE DoTs?
You can pressure just fine with DoTs as either Engi / Magus or as a Shadow Warrior. Both have easy access to AoE DoTs...it's just you won't be doing a lot of killing, but pressure is important as well.

vianiznice

Post#4 » Fri May 14, 2021 11:33 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 pm
You can pressure just fine with DoTs as either Engi / Magus or as a Shadow Warrior. Both have easy access to AoE DoTs...it's just you won't be doing a lot of killing, but pressure is important as well.
Only thing you'll pressure with those dots are warband surfers.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:50 pm

vianiznice wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:33 pm
arorwne wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 pm
Only thing you'll pressure with those dots are warband surfers.
Well...the healing is too strong, I didn't say it wasn't. I just noted what you can do. And with few Engis or Magi...you can at least scare people away, have a tactical use.

zulnam

Post#6 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:00 pm

There is no Player character dots that stacks more than 3 times in game (a few tactic debuffs do, but it's irrelevant). That is the limit.

Shadow Warrior has an aoe dot that stacks up to 3 times, but it's not really a dot class. The dot does play a big part in your rotation and sustain tho.

Engi and Magus also have aoe dot builds, but dot pressure is not particularly strong in this game due to healing power and cleansing. When these clsses are taken into serious warbands, it's for the point-blank aoe builds. There are a few exceptions, but a lot has to do with camaraderie more than viability (and is stretching the definition of the word "serious").

If you choose these you might as well pick Magus. Engi is fine too, but there's plenty of the buggers out there. Magi too, but not nearly as many. SW also has a pretty bit population.

Also you will love pbaoe when you pull it off. Things just melt.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG