Recent Topics

Ads

Vale-Walker setbonuses

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
wonshot

Vale-Walker setbonuses

Post#1 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:34 pm

Hello,

With some help from people from the community I managed to collect most of the setbonuses if anyone is interested in them for the newly released Vale-walker sets.
Keep in mind these sets are some of the lower starting tier sets, meant for new toons, and serve as a catchup.

Not all of the screenshots are the best quality. But this simply serve as information, to those who seak it.
- Thanks to those who helped me collect classes i dont play myself.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nuS ... ZoqP4/edit
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
doky

Re: Vale-Walker setbonuses

Post#2 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:37 pm

that feeling when you have 3 toons... BO, SH, Chosen :D

Darks63

Post#3 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:11 am

Nice been looking for the zeal/rp set bonuses.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

valadorn5

Post#4 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:12 am

I am contributing with the chosen set I found in the armory:

https://imgur.com/a/CF8Wfjk

IVendettaI

Post#5 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:36 am

Everdin

Post#6 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 pm

What bothers me here is the Engi Set. For Invader set is pure Sniper and Warlord set is strange mixup regarding skilltrees, it would be fine to have a little bit more Grenadier focused Set.

How do you choose the stats for the sets? Do you consult active players that actually play these classes? I don't want to flame or insult someone, I'm really curious. Maybe I'm wrong so other engies can tell me whats the benefit of the high tier sets are.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:31 pm

Everdin wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 pm What bothers me here is the Engi Set. For Invader set is pure Sniper and Warlord set is strange mixup regarding skilltrees, it would be fine to have a little bit more Grenadier focused Set.

How do you choose the stats for the sets? Do you consult active players that actually play these classes? I don't want to flame or insult someone, I'm really curious. Maybe I'm wrong so other engies can tell me whats the benefit of the high tier sets are.
Your mistake is assuming that sets are designed to be perfectly optimized and there's been a failure along the way, when the actual design is to limit how optimized they are so despite their explicitly higher power level, other lower sets might be considered viable as well.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Strakar

Post#8 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:15 pm

War, will there ever be a review of itemization at different set levels? Like pulling data of what percentage of players at a certain RR use set X vs Y vs Z (if you didn't want to just rely on the eyeball test which is pretty effective to see what's useless). If you find a set has zero utilization why not change it?

I think variety and viability are good, and having off meta specs being available in different game modes also good. At the same time you have some sets that aren't even non optimal but obsolete. I can't imagine that is by design. Zealot invader and SM warlord come to mind.

Ads
Everdin

Post#9 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:31 pm
Everdin wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:50 pm What bothers me here is the Engi Set. For Invader set is pure Sniper and Warlord set is strange mixup regarding skilltrees, it would be fine to have a little bit more Grenadier focused Set.

Your mistake is assuming that sets are designed to be perfectly optimized and there's been a failure along the way, when the actual design is to limit how optimized they are so despite their explicitly higher power level, other lower sets might be considered viable as well.
Sad but true is that for Engi this seems to count more then for others: Warlord set with +Grenadier and weaponskill is...yeah. Atleast the Armordebuff can count as grouputility...

Can't find this kind of "not optimized" for other classes. It's like AM would have Int and reduced chance to be disruptet and a Proc that triggers with heals.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:01 pm

Strakar wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:15 pm War, will there ever be a review of itemization at different set levels? Like pulling data of what percentage of players at a certain RR use set X vs Y vs Z (if you didn't want to just rely on the eyeball test which is pretty effective to see what's useless). If you find a set has zero utilization why not change it?

I think variety and viability are good, and having off meta specs being available in different game modes also good. At the same time you have some sets that aren't even non optimal but obsolete. I can't imagine that is by design. Zealot invader and SM warlord come to mind.
I think someone new would need to come along with a real burning desire to re-stat existing item sets, so no. Probably not likely. It's a ton of work to do, and while we're cognizant of complaints that set X is bad, sometimes they're not designed to be perfectly optimized, or they apply to a low percentage niche. There aren't many suggestions that do the job of actually suggesting what stats should be on the item instead. I would assume the complaint with Invader for healers is the magic crit on the shoulders and just generally having Int on anything, and the often repeated and invalid complaint about Swordmaster is their having any Weaponskill at all statted, despite it being useful for every autoattack that makes up a significant overall percentage of your damage. This also applies to Engineer, who has ranged autoattacks, even while in grenade spec, and many other abilities that benefit from weaponskill aren't magically erased simply because you spec grenade. Weaponskill isn't the best stat by any means, and you're always going to be better having a mainstat instead, but it's not useless either, and it serves as a secondary stat for all physical damage dealing classes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog