Recent Topics

Ads

New Player Solo Focus

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
TanithScout

Re: New Player Solo Focus

Post#11 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:38 pm

So you don't wanna open RvR? just pick what you enjoy or a tank.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Ads
Karl

Post#12 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:01 pm

WL. Just do it :)

Cesar66

Post#13 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:42 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:34 pm
Cloud89 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:21 pm So the main question is, if I choose one toon to focus on what class is best? I’d like to be able to shine in solo play (solo roaming, solo PvE and solo scenario queue, and public quests) but also be a welcoming class to party with (small group roaming or dungeons). Anything bigger that small group and dungeons is not a place I care to shine because at that point certain classes will have certain jobs, a Zerg will Zerg.

Pick the one you like best and play it, all classes can solo roam (even Sorcs and BWs). Since you've listed pve for solo content I'd suggest any tank class followed by healer 2nd and some tanky dps 3rd to make it easier.

If youre going to be solo'ing I wouldnt recommend tank/healer. From my understanding of how things are/used to be.
If youre solo, you do not get points for random healing. Healers only get chance of medallion drops if they are in party/wb, just tossing random HoTs out does nothing, unless your target takes some sort of damage on the kill.
Tanks are generally lower dps, in order to get medallions its based on how much damage you do to the target.

If youre a tank/healer solo you will be missing out on tons of points, medallion drops.
If you plan to consistently be in a party/wb it isnt that big of deal. If you intend on being solo mostly I would go for an pure dps class, this is how you will get the most points and chances of medallion drops.
Though RvR has become a **** show and no one does anything except wait to be attacked and then sit on walls for 30minutes, doing absolutely nothing.