Recent Topics

Ads

New Player Solo Focus

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Cloud89

New Player Solo Focus

Post#1 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:21 pm

I played this game when it was live. Really enjoyed the Warrior Priest Grace Path. I played the warhammer odyssey game on IPhone and it’s ****. I have a wife and children. My wife hates me playing video games especially on the PC not sure why it’s a trigger for her but it is. She works nights though so I have from 6pm - 9pm to play because I am still a responsible adult with “adulting” to do. Though sometimes I wish I didn’t have to be responsible for anyone but myself.

Anyways I don’t want to have to feel obligated to be in a group. Sometimes I just don’t have the capability to commit to parties/groups/raids/war bands. I don’t want to commit to multiple toons to enjoy all aspects of the game. I also understand that the population of the game might not be conducive to my usual “supportive / group” oriented playstyle. I usually gravitate towards those support classes such as healers or tanks. I want the freedom to play the game without the inherit need for a party or group to get through the game.

So the main question is, if I choose one toon to focus on what class is best? I’d like to be able to shine in solo play (solo roaming, solo PvE and solo scenario queue, and public quests) but also be a welcoming class to party with (small group roaming or dungeons). Anything bigger that small group and dungeons is not a place I care to shine because at that point certain classes will have certain jobs, a Zerg will Zerg.

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: New Player Solo Focus

Post#2 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:34 pm

Cloud89 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:21 pm So the main question is, if I choose one toon to focus on what class is best? I’d like to be able to shine in solo play (solo roaming, solo PvE and solo scenario queue, and public quests) but also be a welcoming class to party with (small group roaming or dungeons). Anything bigger that small group and dungeons is not a place I care to shine because at that point certain classes will have certain jobs, a Zerg will Zerg.

Pick the one you like best and play it, all classes can solo roam (even Sorcs and BWs). Since you've listed pve for solo content I'd suggest any tank class followed by healer 2nd and some tanky dps 3rd to make it easier.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Scottx125

Post#3 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:41 pm

Honestly there really isn't one. Whilst you can duel, the game is designed around group PVP. Whether that's 6 man up to 24 man. And frankly, choosing an MMO, for solo play doesn't make much sense. 6-9pm during prime time is still plenty of time to join a pug WB for a few hours of PVP. Now if you want to focus on solo PvE and solo scenarios (still group play but W/E) and dungeons (again still group play) but want to be mostly self sufficient, choose a tank or healer class. DPS tend to be dependant on the group and tanks keeping them alive. Because you're less inclined for group work, I'd say go for Sword Master or Iron Breaker. SM is better if you want to go 2H and do some DPS, IB is best tank class on order for pure tanking. If you want to go healing, Warrior Priest (good at solo bad in RvR if DPS build) or arch mage.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

phoramix87

Post#4 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:57 pm

I am a player like you. No group, no guild, no friends online. Just login and kick assess.

Answer is dps shaman. You kite, you dps and you heal yourself. High mobility and survability.
You are able to play on your own. Solo roaming, sc, everything

Parallell86

Post#5 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:55 pm

You can choose any class for casual solo roam, you still gonna spend more time on your back then killing things. But you can get to kill things too. Just dont focus your entire gameplay on solo roaming.

ravezaar

Post#6 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:59 pm

If u want ez Solo Roaming pick dps-Shammy or dps-AM then abit trickier is Stealth Classes but atleast u can mostly choose when to engage, pick your battles. Rest is challenge.

If u want mdps for Solo Roam Il go Mara, r-dps I go SH and Tank well I go any Des Tank before the Order ones due there pathetic dmg in comparison
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Tyrex2017

Post#7 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:19 pm

I suggest Warrior Priest. Fun in scenario, beast in pve and you ll find always a spot in warband / group.

mynban

Post#8 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Definetely dps shammy/am for solo

grace wp without a dedicated guard is real tough life.

Ads
Cloud89

Post#9 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:56 pm

Thanks a lot everyone for the input. I recognize that I brought up solo play. I acknowledge that while I want to solo it’s more just that I don’t want to be tied into a need to do anything specifically or the need to wait for other players to do what I want, within reason. I’d like to have the freedom to go afk at a moments notice and not worry about whether I a letting other players down if I go afk. That’s more what I meant by solo. I don’t want people to need me and I don’t want to need others, just kind of a helpful floater or nomad. I usually try and make a variety of preparations before committing to some larger in game or otherwise inclusive tasks for my entertainment needs. For example: walking the dogs and making sure they’ve gone potty or feeding the children dinner and the like so that they won’t be a bother or even straight asking the wife if she needs anything from me because I’d like to play my game uninterrupted. (Doesn’t always go over well)

Wasn’t meant to sound like I never wanted to group just wanted the freedom of not committing to a group to enjoy the game.

Kaelang

Post#10 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:18 pm

There is always the option to pug surf in RvR. You can join open warbands and jump in and out of the chaos whenever you choose. You can also queue SC's wherever too - and they're 10(?) minutes ish of gameplay.

I'd pick what you want to play - nobody is going to tunnel your activity that much that they will notice if you're not doing anything. Pretty confident most people in pug groups AFK at the flag for renown anyway. *shakes fist*
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.