Recent Topics

Ads

Help me find my class plz :)

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
asyniur

Help me find my class plz :)

Post#1 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:32 am

Hello,

i'm a returning player and i have a hard time choosing what class to play :/

First i'm playing Destruction and i love playing support / tanky character but most of all, i love CCs, lots of CCs ! :p

Thank you all for your help ;)

Ads
don775

Re: Help me find my class plz :)

Post#2 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:01 am

Another chosen was chosen.

zulnam

Post#3 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:21 am

Welcome back.

Remember CC in this game plants a buff on the target, making them immune to other CC abilities for 30 seconds. As such it's very important to know when to use CC so as to not give "free immunities" and waste an opportunity.
Also a kockdown (stun) gives a different kind of immunity than a root (holds in place), a punt (knock the enemy away from you) or a stagger (fragile stun; if target is hit stun effect stops).

Speaking for the tanks only: All tanks have abilities that knockdown (stun) as well as default root and punt and some have stagger as well.

Most sought out tank at the moment on destro side is Chosen, due to the auras. It's also the easiest to play thanks to having most of it's abilities passive (the auras). Based on your desire it's also the only tank that has most CC: kockdown, root and stagger (two of these are from mastery tree abilities, but you can go for them if you wish to do so)

Black Orc and Blackguards are good too, albeit less useful for the entire group. BO still has some stuff it can use which are group-wide buffs. BG not so much, but there's rarely an abundance of SnB tanks so you should be fine.

These tanks have root (it's standard; all tanks do) as well as punts and knockdowns from mastery tree. BG also has a knockdown as a core ability, but it requires a block to be used (so it's only for shield spec (the other stun is two hand spec only so you can't have both stuns usable at the same time)).

Punt wise BG has the strongest one in the whole game, but needs a bit of time to "load" since it requires hatred to be effective. 2H Chosen has a strong punt as well and a mediocre one in SnB, while BO has an AoE 360 degree punt; useful in certain situations (when trying to breach a funnel, for example).

I strongly suggest looking at https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/ and seeing the abilities.
Don't focus necessarily on the damage numbers as they're not accurate to the ones in game, just see what the abilities do and if it's something that sounds like it would interest you.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

asyniur

Post#4 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:39 am

zulnam wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:21 am Welcome back.

Remember CC in this game plants a buff on the target, making them immune to other CC abilities for 30 seconds. As such it's very important to know when to use CC so as to not give "free immunities" and waste an opportunity.
Also a kockdown (stun) gives a different kind of immunity than a root (holds in place), a punt (knock the enemy away from you) or a stagger (fragile stun; if target is hit stun effect stops).

Speaking for the tanks only: All tanks have abilities that knockdown (stun) as well as default root and punt and some have stagger as well.

Most sought out tank at the moment on destro side is Chosen, due to the auras. It's also the easiest to play thanks to having most of it's abilities passive (the auras). Based on your desire it's also the only tank that has most CC: kockdown, root and stagger (two of these are from mastery tree abilities, but you can go for them if you wish to do so)

Black Orc and Blackguards are good too, albeit less useful for the entire group. BO still has some stuff it can use which are group-wide buffs. BG not so much, but there's rarely an abundance of SnB tanks so you should be fine.

These tanks have root (it's standard; all tanks do) as well as punts and knockdowns from mastery tree. BG also has a knockdown as a core ability, but it requires a block to be used (so it's only for shield spec (the other stun is two hand spec only so you can't have both stuns usable at the same time)).

Punt wise BG has the strongest one in the whole game, but needs a bit of time to "load" since it requires hatred to be effective. 2H Chosen has a strong punt as well and a mediocre one in SnB, while BO has an AoE 360 degree punt; useful in certain situations (when trying to breach a funnel, for example).

I strongly suggest looking at https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/ and seeing the abilities.
Don't focus necessarily on the damage numbers as they're not accurate to the ones in game, just see what the abilities do and if it's something that sounds like it would interest you.
Thanks for you answer ! :)
What about support classes? Are they juste healer? :)

zulnam

Post#5 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:04 am

Yes. Support classes are only healers. There's no debuffer or CC class like in DaoC, for example

Strakar

Post#6 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:07 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:04 am Yes. Support classes are only healers. There's no debuffer or CC class like in DaoC, for example
With that being said, healers bring utility as well depending on which class, like ap drains, staggers, cleanse, etc. All except RP/zealot and arguably 2h WP also have viable dps builds, but don't expect to be accepted to a WB as anything but a healer in most cases.

I play a tank and healer on each side of different archetypes and enjoy them all.

Ozur

Post#7 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:39 am

Hi like i m doing a came back since a long time about healer wich one is most suited for sc/wb for a solo player ?

normanis

Post#8 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:07 am

if u are chosen to play chosen than play chosen.
if u whant to not get zerged nonstop by destro than play am on order side.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:03 am

Both sides zerg.

@Ozur: Warrior Priest / Disciple of Khaine are considered the best healers. Followed closely by Runepriest / Zealot.

Archmage / Shaman are not bad per say, but have a higher skill cap, so they're harder to play properly.

All healers are viable really if you know what you're doing. They all bring something unique to the warband.

I suggest looking over the Career Builder and seeing some abilities.
Last edited by zulnam on Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

normanis

Post#10 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:38 pm

zerg both sides its true and depends of timezone (just look ror main page who is more) byt playing healer is always more better than tank without group. u can can heal/res all around just spam. while tank need to guard somone and someone to heal him. for new player healer is simple no matter wich 1.
p.s its not complaining its conclussion for new person what class to pick at first when u are guildless.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"