Recent Topics

Ads

New player class help

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
wharrier

New player class help

Post#1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 am

I have recently picked up this game again with a friend, last time I played was when AoR was released so it was a very long time ago..
My mate picked a DoK and I rolled a Sorc. From what I have read DoK is a very good class but Sorc not so much..
I usually like to play OP DPS classes, so basically looking for any guidance on what the best DPS classes are atm, and if there are any that pair specifically well with DoK's.

Thanks!

Ads
tazdingo

Re: New player class help

Post#2 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 am

sorc is a great class but not without guard. mara is prob your best bet on balance

we has massive burst and can initiate better if you wanna roam, but squishy
choppa has massive ST dmg but cannot initiate well and somewhat squishy
sh is a safe pick, can initiate and look after self but lacks burst
magus has great burst but can be slow and hard to initiate
dps blorc, ok burst (compared to proper dps), armour debuff, can guard you, good cc and survivable
dps bg, ok burst, armour debuff, guard, great cc, can buff your will & str, great for dok
sham, ultra safe and boring but probably effective. same with chosen

mara is the whole package. damage, armour/wounds/tough debuff, will give you crit (debuffing target), pull is one of best initiator in the game and pretty tanky for a dps. bg is also pretty good as it buffs and debuffs everything dok wants but you're dropping a fair amount of dmg

ashton007

Post#3 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:46 pm

I’d say BO or chosen. If your dok friend can learn to use sacrifice spec you guys can kill lots without dying.

wharrier

Post#4 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:28 pm

tazdingo wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 am sorc is a great class but not without guard. mara is prob your best bet on balance

we has massive burst and can initiate better if you wanna roam, but squishy
choppa has massive ST dmg but cannot initiate well and somewhat squishy
sh is a safe pick, can initiate and look after self but lacks burst
magus has great burst but can be slow and hard to initiate
dps blorc, ok burst (compared to proper dps), armour debuff, can guard you, good cc and survivable
dps bg, ok burst, armour debuff, guard, great cc, can buff your will & str, great for dok
sham, ultra safe and boring but probably effective. same with chosen

mara is the whole package. damage, armour/wounds/tough debuff, will give you crit (debuffing target), pull is one of best initiator in the game and pretty tanky for a dps. bg is also pretty good as it buffs and debuffs everything dok wants but you're dropping a fair amount of dmg
Awesome thanks for this! Could you possibly share more with how Sorcs work later on in the game? Mine is currently level 21 so if they can perform well end game maybe I will give it a shot first.

tazdingo

Post#5 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:42 pm

wharrier wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:28 pm Awesome thanks for this! Could you possibly share more with how Sorcs work later on in the game? Mine is currently level 21 so if they can perform well end game maybe I will give it a shot first.

not a class i'm overly familiar with i'm sure someone else can help more, but properly supported a sorc can deal probably the highest single target ranged dmg in game. you need both a guard and a heal though so probably not for a duo

also in regards to chosen i agree it would be effective but if going the tank route ur lacking the massive will buff from bg & the raw dmg of bo. you're also missing the armour debuff but i suppose double dipping on spirit dmg sorta negates that