Complete Ranked Guide

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
BluIzLucky

Re: Complete Ranked Guide

Post#21 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:28 pm

Choppa marked as complete, thanks! :)
Lilim wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:25 pm Hey,

if you want, you can add my general Ranked SCs guide to your thread, so I can delete it from my cheat sheet.
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=40739

It's almost up to date, only the latest x-realm ranked stuff is missing.
And have absorbed the Ranked SC section now
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#22 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:25 am

This guide needs some handsome dps (2h choppa) options.

2h Choppa with rr in FSIV, Blade Master V, Might I. Last skill point in either an extra Path of da Savage or Tired Already, with TA giving another something to cover your debuffs+anoyance.

The point of this build is max armor penetration to maximize your regular rain of finishers; this of course requires great gear and talismans. Beastlord back+Ring+book, Warlord R4+shoulders+gloves, and SovBerserker rest. Sentinel R3, and the Bloodmoon Boyz Ring from BS. Exquisite Gunbad Amber if you have it instead of BS ring for max arPen, but Bloodmoon ring does a solid, putting me at 901 WS and base arPen of 64.4% + 10% from Sov set (921 WS with Gunbad Amber > 65.8%+10%, if your wondering the difference). This leaves room for WS self-buff if your brave or BO help.

Rotation is simple, YABN>Don't Go No Where to provide cover for Bleed Em Out>CSDC>Slasha fill. When you drop your rage (read: burst), try for No More Helpin in yellow for max damage, so choose Sit Down! (if needed, it's also solid damage)/Tired Already>Weaklin Killa>NMH. You can make a solid bully build with this rotation, just doing 2 finishers as soon as you're red, to make very nice pressure.

I'd say this is definitely an 80+ and all 24 talis build, so be wary if your only rr78 and using 22/23 mix. WS stacking of buffs (self buff or BO) allow for pressure on tanks after some dps has been killed, but I generally don't pop Bring Da Pain! until I know we have the advantage; also great vs tanky healers (duh). Lastly, I close with why I left out parry, as 2h doesn't benefit as much (though stacking it for roaming is solid, but different build/discussion), even though all your other dps seem to be dual-wield and that extra 10% makes taking rr in it more sensible.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#23 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:54 am

phononHYPE wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:25 am This guide needs some handsome dps (2h choppa) options.

2h Choppa with rr in FSIV, Blade Master V, Might I. Last skill point in either an extra Path of da Savage or Tired Already, with TA giving another something to cover your debuffs+anoyance.

The point of this build is max armor penetration to maximize your regular rain of finishers; this of course requires great gear and talismans. Beastlord back+Ring+book, Warlord R4+shoulders+gloves, and SovBerserker rest. Sentinel R3, and the Bloodmoon Boyz Ring from BS. Exquisite Gunbad Amber if you have it instead of BS ring for max arPen, but Bloodmoon ring does a solid, putting me at 901 WS and base arPen of 64.4% + 10% from Sov set (921 WS with Gunbad Amber > 65.8%+10%, if your wondering the difference). This leaves room for WS self-buff if your brave or BO help.

Rotation is simple, YABN>Don't Go No Where to provide cover for Bleed Em Out>CSDC>Slasha fill. When you drop your rage (read: burst), try for No More Helpin in yellow for max damage, so choose Sit Down! (if needed, it's also solid damage)/Tired Already>Weaklin Killa>NMH. You can make a solid bully build with this rotation, just doing 2 finishers as soon as you're red, to make very nice pressure.

I'd say this is definitely an 80+ and all 24 talis build, so be wary if your only rr78 and using 22/23 mix. WS stacking of buffs (self buff or BO) allow for pressure on tanks after some dps has been killed, but I generally don't pop Bring Da Pain! until I know we have the advantage; also great vs tanky healers (duh). Lastly, I close with why I left out parry, as 2h doesn't benefit as much (though stacking it for roaming is solid, but different build/discussion), even though all your other dps seem to be dual-wield and that extra 10% makes taking rr in it more sensible.
Sadly with 2h choppa, going up mid tree means you lose chop fasta which is IMO one of the strongest group utilities in the game aside from guard ability.

If you tried to take heal debuff, mid tree and chop fasta at the same time you would gimp your damage by not focusing points up 1 or 2 trees.

So atm 2h choppa seems unviable. Although I'm not a choppa player. But as a healer, I can tell you you or your group will definitely die many times precisely because you did not have chop fasta available. And also potentially miss out on kills because your group couldn't use CC or damage abilities with lower cooldowns either.

Evilspinnre

Post#24 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:14 am

2h choppa is not viable for ranked at this stage.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Szadread

Post#25 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Anyone has a BO guide ? with specs, tactics & renown ? Also what stuff to equip when you are rr 60-70 ? Thanks

BluIzLucky

Post#26 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:58 pm

Szadread wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:05 pm Anyone has a BO guide ? with specs, tactics & renown ? Also what stuff to equip when you are rr 60-70 ? Thanks
Please pesker Mng, my hours don't overlap with him, but would love to have his input :lol:

Will pay 100g to 200g for guides for remaining classes depending on how much is provided (same as given for slayer=100g, same amount/quality as zealot =200g), if you can get in touch with any of the top players please refer them to OP for details :D
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#27 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Szadread wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:05 pm Anyone has a BO guide ? with specs, tactics & renown ? Also what stuff to equip when you are rr 60-70 ? Thanks
Note I am not a black orc player at all, but you should listen to this to avoid be yelled at for dying repeatedly as a new tank. Personally I play chosen at rr62 so far. (My chosen is actually 2handed defensive because 2h chosens can punt more effectively than shield ones).

I would remain as shield BO until you are experienced enough at it, and have the gear, to justify changing to 2hander borc. As undergeared tank, you are not trying to do damage at all really.

For renown, take 3 or 4 (max) block and take some parry/deft defender. (or make two specs, one with only parry/block and one with the first couple levels of deft defender, and using the deft defender spec only when one of the enemy dps are ranged). Also max out hardy concessions, this will make you way tankier. You should try to have close to 280 initiative, buy some +19 or +23 initiative talismans to get it to that if needed (initiative is important when facing enemies who debuff it, even including archmages puddles). The remainder of your talismans should be toughness unless your wounds is particularly low for some reason. Try to have 8-9k+ wounds or else you become highly susceptible to morale damage dumps (morale ignores all defensives and does true damage).

For spec, theres seems to be really only one choice for shield. Mid tree for cooldown increaser, right tree for absorb + knockdown + auto attack speed for group.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=&t=4464

Also can use Can't Hit Me for block, use it to prevent being punted or if you are under big pressure.

Perhaps if your group is ranged, don't take waaagh! and take the AP drain from the left tree called Arma Breaker. Use this on the enemy's best DPS player.

You would be holding morale to use bellow or immaculate defence defensively. Only use champions challenge or demolishing strike if your DPS asks for it, otherwise you will likely waste it unless you are careful. If the DPS aren't on discord comms then you can consider randomly using demolishing strike in hopes of securing a kill though.

For the remainder 3 tactics, I would decide between Unstoppable Juggernaut (reduce snare immunity from 60s to 20s cooldown), Good Wif Shield (10% block) and/or Rugged (160 tough) block arguably needed to proc your morale gain, then Lookin' for Opportunity (morale drain) no clue how this one pans out. 160 wounds shouldn't be needed unless your health is super low like 6-7k for some reason.

Try to use Not in da Face! (cooldown increaser from mid tree) on whichever enemy DPS you think is the most dangerous. Possibly use it on enemy healers if the enemy dps are already dead (but do not chase after enemy healers on your own).

Anything else I could tell you (about abilities/playstyle) would be general tank duties or things specific to black orc. I won't bother incase I end up telling you things you already knew. And also because I don't play borc.

bwmitu

Post#28 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:31 pm

no guide for mara =(

Ads
Leonardbrit

Post#29 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:15 am

Bot post

Uchoo

Post#30 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:55 am

I won't speak for MNG without his permission but borcs who are successful in SR try to pump since they lack so much utility (and honestly, damage potential).

5 tactic borc is common, warlord morale drain is common, clobber drain is common.

Also it's worth noting that the RoR Ranked Discord is not official, it's controlled by a community member and as of right now, you cannot use it without verifying yourself via a mobile number. There is another Community Ranked Discord run by two people of very high standing in the Ranked Community, but it hasn't yet been used for Solo Ranked, they instead try to create balanced teams to fight each other, which is more or less a better simulation of what Group Ranked is like.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8