Recent Topics

Ads

Complete Ranked Guide

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
BluIzLucky

Re: Complete Ranked Guide

Post#11 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:59 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:57 am ...
Thanks for all that, funny read too! :lol: Will digest and update DoK on OP.

Still looking for builds for the following classes:

Order:
Shadow Warrior
Engineer
Ironbreaker
Runepriest
Warrior Priest

Destro:
Black Orc
Squid Herder
Chosen - partly complete
Marauder

And please don't worry, I don't need a wall of text, a link or two to builds, maybe a line about renown and what kind of stats to go for (though recommended gear is much welcomed).
And also very optional a sentence about some tips, tricks and rotations would be very welcomed!
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Evilspinnre

Post#12 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 pm

Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

BluIzLucky

Post#13 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:42 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 pm ...
Thanks Evil!
Added some text and marked as complete, but any slayer mains feel free add more :)

Cimba

Post#14 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Shaman is the worst healer for ranked until you get full sovereign. Be prepared for that. With full sovereign you will have a slight edge against burst oriented setups due to having more panic buttons (crit shield, shrug it off).

Some tips for people who know the basics (most of them apply to Archmage as well.)
  • Watch your hots. Shaman is the only destro healer that uses enchantments as hots. Meaning that a typical order setup with SM & KOTBS can remove your hots fast. In that case you need to adapt to a direct heal centric heal style.
  • Your AP drain is an important tool for AP management as well as crowd control. Test at the start of a fight if the opposing healers cleanse regularly. Just throw some debuff on them and see what happens. If they cleanse you need to cover your AP drain with said debuffs.
  • In general, you want to AP drain a DPS to reduce incoming damage. However, some DPS classes have larger AP problems than others. You want to amplify the AP problems of AP intensive classes for example Slayers and single target WL. WE/WH/Sorc/BW in general have fewer AP problems.
  • Maintain your basic hot on all tanks and DPS but don’t do the same with “Do Sumfing Useful”. Use the toughness hot only on the targeted or about to be targeted player.
  • Figure out who the next target will be before HP start to drop. Good indicators for an about to be focused player are heal debuff, armor debuff and other strong defense debuffs like Drop da Basha/Numbing Strike.
    At the upper end you will also need to watch the punt immunities of the tanks. For equally matched groups nothing dies through guard. Typically.
  • Run away from Rune Priests. If a RP starts to run in your direction, he probably wants to stagger you. Just run away. He will probably still stagger you in the end but it will either delay any coordinated action or it won’t be in sync with it. Meaning that you can still throw out your panic buttons before you’re useless for 6 sec.
Renown
Futile Strikes 4
Deft Defender 4
Crit heal 2

Gear
Full Vanquisher/Triumphant until you have at least 6 pc sovereign. After that its full sovereign until the end. I use the scenario staff due to AP management issue but you could make a case for the fortress staff.

Builds
6pc Sov Build
RR70 Build

For people interested: I have uploaded quite a lot of 6on6 (solo and group ranked) for shaman and archmage perspective both in vanquisher and full sovereign gear on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmj9TZ ... w/featured

As for my expertise... well you can look it up yourself :)

Lilim
Community Management

Post#15 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:25 pm

Hey,

if you want, you can add my general Ranked SCs guide to your thread, so I can delete it from my cheat sheet.
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=40739

It's almost up to date, only the latest x-realm ranked stuff is missing.

BluIzLucky

Post#16 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:57 pm

Thank you Cimba, I'm familiar with your creds :)
Lilim wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:25 pm Hey,

if you want, you can add my general Ranked SCs guide to your thread, so I can delete it from my cheat sheet.

Thanks, I've put a link to it already, since it has a lot of other nice info that newbies should go through.
Maybe once we've got all classes completed and still within character limits (or Zomega deletes his 2nd post so i edit the 3rd :lol:), though may turn it into a wiki page at that point so community can help maintain and expand more directly, just want a structured baseline before that :)

Omegus

Post#17 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:43 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:57 pm Thank you Cimba, I'm familiar with your creds :)
Lilim wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:25 pm Hey,

Thanks, I've put a link to it already, since it has a lot of other nice info that newbies should go through.
Maybe once we've got all classes completed and still within character limits (or Zomega deletes his 2nd post so i edit the 3rd :lol:), though may turn it into a wiki page at that point so community can help maintain and expand more directly, just want a structured baseline before that :)
For some reason it won't give me the option to delete it, so I've hit the report button and asked for it to be removed to help you maintain the thread.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

badoglio

Post#18 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:45 pm

u should change wh builds :
Spoiler:
join with a different class

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#19 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:30 pm

badoglio wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:45 pm u should change wh builds :
Spoiler:
join with a different class
While I get the funny joke.. :roll:

.. The individual guides in this post were made by people very capable with their class (players I'm always happy to see on my side regardless of class) to help everyone get started with ranked, especially those on harder classes like WH and BW.

Though yes, there's certainly a tier list of ranked classes, not all are equal.

Omegus

Post#20 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:58 am

It looks like reporting my own post worked so you now have the first reply to put content in too :)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot