Recent Topics

Ads

3rd defense strategy

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
TreefAM

Re: 3rd defense strategy

Post#11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:56 am

It can work but you need to have something organized both holding up and pushing down.
Last time I was part of a successful 3rd defense (2 in the same night actually) was about a year and a half ago.
The first fight was Praag southern keep, order was zerging, Gitbane was holding 3rd floor and I came with my wb and as I pushed in the defenseless bottom he jumped them from the top and we wiped them.
The second fight was also Praag southern keep a couple of hours later where I was holding 3rd with another 12man and Gitbane pushed bottom to pretty much the same result.
You can hold them, but you really need to have someone to coordinate with, otherwise 3rd floor defenses are just a way to farm up some renown before getting wiped.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:05 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:50 pm
emiliorv wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:27 pm The real question is....why (TF) you want to (sucesful) defend a fort?

Because it's your fort to defend, obviously.

To treat it otherwise begets a question: why fight at all?
The system punish players for a sucesfull fort defense, blocking the access to endgame content...

anarchypark

Post#13 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:30 am

listen : it's not for successful defense.
It's how to accept your death gloriously, with weapons on your hand, fighting. dragging 1 more enemy with you to hell. and maximize that chance in supportless battle.

it's not for ' win = success, death = fail ' players.
for 10+ years how many fails were there if you maintained that concept.
need to get away from win/lose idea.
as long as you have spirit to fight, that's not lose.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

NSKaneda

Post#14 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:27 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:05 am
emiliorv wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:27 pm The real question is....why (TF) you want to (sucesful) defend a fort?

The system punish players for a sucesfull fort defense, blocking the access to endgame content...

I see. So throwing zones and forts is just a way of getting end game content. Avoiding fights in the lakes is just a way of accessing end game content. Better to sit in the capitol and wait for next city to pop.

Despicable.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#15 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:40 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:27 pm
emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:05 am

I see. So throwing zones and forts is just a way of getting end game content. Avoiding fights in the lakes is just a way of accessing end game content. Better to sit in the capitol and wait for next city to pop.
Sadly, this is the best way to access to end game gear....the reward system we have right now dont encourage fighting. Also dont encourage to defend the realm when you are outnumbered...

Maybe if end game gear wasnt locked behind city...or maybe if the game rewarded the real fights instead the PV-Door....The way its designed right now encourage PV-Door and reach city asap.