Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow warrior or Squig herder

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Gloubidou

Re: Shadow warrior or Squig herder

Post#11 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:25 pm

Tanski wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:30 pm I can’t speak for a sw in wb play, but they are strong AF in small scale/roam. I’ve seen festering arrow hit for 3.5k on a 2 sec cast followed by a 2k execute… for a class that has no punishing mechanic to do this much ranged ST dmg…
Aren't SH doing the same with poison arrow and their execut ?

Ads
Gloubidou

Post#12 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:40 pm

Are they doing the same damage ?

Poulpie03

Post#13 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:15 pm

Go SH

Farrul

Post#14 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 am

Gloubidou wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:25 pm
Dont listen to disinformation. SH has a much better small scale/roam as a ranged spec, SW melee (Assault ) is ok-ish but not as good as SH (ranged) for roaming.

SW ranged aoe (skirmish)build is one of if not the weakest aoe spec in the game, final nail in the coffin when broadhead arrow stacking was nerfed to the ground, do yourself a favour and roll a Bright Wizard or even an Engineer if you want to do aoe damage as Order rangeddps, thank me later.

Basically do only play SW as a ranged class if you like the aesthetics or class mechanics, it can be a fun challenge but you're at the bottom of the food chain and have an uphill battle, you'll need exceptional skills to compensate for the inherent class weakness.

The singletarget ranged spec( Scout) does not have the kiting tools nor the movement speed of the Goblin counterpart and to make matters worse it will get abused by the superior CC of the destro side(Mara pull). In the open you're a walking Witch Elf protein bar snack unless specced Assault for small scale, even your one defence is compromised (Whirling Pin) and is not working properly half the time when you will need it (basically the visual animation will play but there will be no effect, i.e self-punt).

Yes can do 3.5 k Festerig Arrows crits if you dedicate 2 tactic slots to it and hide behind the Order zerg allowing you to do the 2 seconds freecast, but a BW can do this same damage on the move. Squig herder will do as much dps but with the addition of superior kiting tools( you''ll get a passive that triggers 30% movespeed, have another 30% 10 sec move speed ability, knockdown on the move, knockback/ ranged disarm etc ... SW scout get none of these tools, you're trash tier in comparison with slightly more burst on abilities).

Do some read up for more info in recent threads.
viewtopic.php?t=49584
viewtopic.php?t=49351

Basically the only reasons to NOT roll a SH gobbo is if you dislike the aesthetics( Yes SW is prettier obviously or rather the ugliness of gobbos in general ;) ) or MUST play ranged AOE as a bow character.

Also keep in mind that the devs are working on the ability-rework and if a source is to be believed the whole game will revert back to the 1.4.8 patch ( Secrets, on and off dev, consensus is trustable source).

Avernus

Post#15 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:20 am

Farrul wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 am Dont listen to disinformation. SH has a much better small scale/roam as a ranged spec, SW melee (Assault ) is ok-ish but not as good as SH (ranged) for roaming.

SW ranged aoe (skirmish)build is one of if not the weakest aoe spec in the game, final nail in the coffin when broadhead arrow stacking was nerfed to the ground, do yourself a favour and roll a Bright Wizard or even an Engineer if you want to do aoe damage as Order rangeddps, thank me later.

Basically do only play SW as a ranged class if you like the aesthetics or class mechanics, it can be a fun challenge but you're at the bottom of the food chain and have an uphill battle, you'll need exceptional skills to compensate for the inherent class weakness.

The singletarget ranged spec( Scout) does not have the kiting tools nor the movement speed of the Goblin counterpart and to make matters worse it will get abused by the superior CC of the destro side(Mara pull). In the open you're a walking Witch Elf protein bar snack unless specced Assault for small scale, even your one defence is compromised (Whirling Pin) and is not working properly half the time when you will need it (basically the visual animation will play but there will be no effect, i.e self-punt).

Yes can do 3.5 k Festerig Arrows crits if you dedicate 2 tactic slots to it and hide behind the Order zerg allowing you to do the 2 seconds freecast, but a BW can do this same damage on the move. Squig herder will do as much dps but with the addition of superior kiting tools( you''ll get a passive that triggers 30% movespeed, have another 30% 10 sec move speed ability, knockdown on the move, knockback/ ranged disarm etc ... SW scout get none of these tools, you're trash tier in comparison with slightly more burst on abilities).

viewtopic.php?t=49584
viewtopic.php?t=49351

Basically the only reasons to NOT roll a SH gobbo is if you dislike the aesthetics( Yes SW is prettier obviously or rather the ugliness of gobbos in general ;) ) or MUST play ranged AOE as a bow character.

Also keep in mind that the devs are working on the ability-rework and if a source is to be believed the whole game will revert back to the 1.4.8 patch ( Secrets, on and off dev, consensus is trustable source).
Can't add much to this. Roll SW if you are ready to be bottom-tier dps.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#16 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:23 am

Avernus wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:20 am
Farrul wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 am Dont listen to disinformation. SH has a much better small scale/roam as a ranged spec, SW melee (Assault ) is ok-ish but not as good as SH (ranged) for roaming.

viewtopic.php?t=49584
viewtopic.php?t=49351

Can't add much to this. Roll SW if you are ready to be bottom-tier dps.
this tbh.

that SW is weakest shitiest class of all dps is easily checked by math. whoever cares.

Gloubidou

Post#17 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:52 pm

Farrul wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 am
Gloubidou wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:25 pm
Dont listen to disinformation. SH has a much better small scale/roam as a ranged spec, SW melee (Assault ) is ok-ish but not as good as SH (ranged) for roaming.

viewtopic.php?t=49584
viewtopic.php?t=49351

Will SW become better with the patch ?

Avernus

Post#18 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:20 pm

Gloubidou wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:52 pm Will SW become better with the patch ?
You are not the only one who wants to know this. But i don't think there will be anything good (i want to be wrong...) until the new ability system or whatever its called is done. And that means that for a month (months,half-year, or even more) SW gonna be the garbage he is right now.

Ads
lumpi33

Post#19 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:35 pm

Avernus wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:20 pm
Gloubidou wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:52 pm Will SW become better with the patch ?
You are not the only one who wants to know this. But i don't think there will be anything good (i want to be wrong...) until the new ability system or whatever its called is done. And that means that for a month (months,half-year, or even more) SW gonna be the garbage he is right now.
How I understood Max they want to go back to 1.4.8 patch because it was the last live version and the version the client was made for. They are doing this to fix issues with abilities that were implemented wrong and are not working correctly.

After they have a working 1.4.8 version they gonna add changes made by RoR devs over the years again - but probably not all.

So in the end it's going to be a mix of 1.4.8 and what we have now and maybe some new addition or changes.

We can only wait, hope and see. Whatever it is, please change that freaking melee aoe meta and pulls.

Avernus

Post#20 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:05 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:35 pm We can only wait, hope and see. Whatever it is, please change that freaking melee aoe meta and pulls.
Well, i don't mind AoE meta, its quite obvious that if there is a huge amount of participants it means that you should use AoE abilities and stacking them is a way to go. Btw AAO on live was SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful and could lead to an absurd amount of RR gained if you are played really good. 1 good kill could justify the fact that you are participated in completely lost siege and zerg farming (kill as much as you can before the zerg owerwhelms you) was a good way to farm a lot of RR if you have a reliable party (or, better, WB). And now...you can see for yourself.