Recent Topics

Ads

Blue Talismans - the easy way

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Detangler

Blue Talismans - the easy way

Post#1 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:41 am

This here is an updated guide for those that want blue (purp with a lucky crit) talismans for cheap to either make their own or make a LOT of blue+ talismans to work the AH and make easy cash.

I posted something like this years ago because talismans were way too expensive for how easy they were to make - long before the war crest currency change. Talismans were unbelievably cheap to make up to +19s back then. Since the currency change talisman prices have only gotten worse all the while aqcuiring them has only gotten slightly more annoying and time consuming.

The short guide to making a lot of cash:
Spoiler:
1. Run an easy/normal PQ. If you can't kill a single champ, then im so... so sorry. The higher the rank of the PQ the more tokens per bag or something like that.
2. Run many, many PQs and rack up War tokens from the bags. (It becomes more time efficient later for crafting.)
2. Buy fragments from the craft merchant. Preferably 60+ of each type that you want to sell. Rank 1 blue fragments do just fine up to rank 20 blue talismans.
3. Buy curios and boxes from craft merchant, gold essence and magic essence from breaking down green gear in rvr or scavenging gold essense/buying it for cheap from the AH.
4. Mass produce various levels of fragments substituting different levels of ingredients - aim for at least 15+ of each strength of talisman.
5. Toss all those talismans on the AH for way under what others sell them for - either a few at a time each day or "set it and forget it" all at once and hope no one undercuts you.
6. Log in each day to 10+ mail from the auction house in your inbox and make a steady 20+ gold each day for quite some time.
The Long Guide:

Run an easy/normal PQ. My personal favorite on destro side is in Empire R39. Takes me like 5 minutes to finish it start to end.

Buy fragments. Low level fragments cost 2 tokens. Easy PQs hand out like 40+ tokens in green bags.

Send fragments to your talisman maker. Low level fragments + cheapest ingredients on the craft merchant will set you back like 2.5 silver per talisman crafted.

Want higher level ingredients? Craft merchants in guilds sell up to 150 skill curios and boxes. It'll set you back 20 silver per talisman made if you go this route. Gold essence is dirt cheap on the AH to buy. Magic essence you can easily get by breaking down green gear from RvR rather than selling it.

Make a metric f-ton of talismans of various strengths by substituting various strengths of ingredients.

Sell em on the AH - undercut your competition through sheer volume!

How much could I make doing this?

Normal PQs at like R39 will net you 40+ tokens for 5 minutes of your time + 3 minute cooldown between PQ cooldowns. So in 8 minutes plus 2 minutes of fiddling with making talismans you could make 20+ rank 1 blue talismans. The most in demand ones easily sell for 1.5g each almost instantly due to zero supply on the AH. In 10 minutes you could potentially make 30g on the AH, maybe more.

Questions!

1. Can't you just do XXXXX and get talismans through some kind of organized group? Yes, but that invovles being social. This you can do when bored in between waiting for scenarios to pop.

2. Can't you just do XXXXX and get talismans an easier way? Yes, but you get to help out random lowbies acquire more powerful means of gearing up this way. Stick it to the other side - those jerks! How dare they play the opposite faction!

3. Can't you just do XXXXX and make cash faster? Yes, I'm quite certain there are other ways to make cash way faster than this method. But this is what I do cause
Last edited by Detangler on Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Blue Talismans - the easy way

Post#2 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:48 pm

Thanks Man!
-= Agony =-

DEADJACK

Re: Blue Talismans - the easy way

Post#3 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:47 am

A big thank you for this guide ! I'm actually switching between characters to get what i need.
Here is a solution for my talisman hungry dps characters.

Cheers !