Recent Topics

Ads

[Implementation Feedback] White Lion - Pounce

After feedback has reached it's viable limit, it will retire here to keep the main section clean and tidy.
OldPlayer
Former Staff

Re: White Lion - Pounce

Post#171 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 am

Pounce should be an ability that puts WL onto the target. Pounce should not be an ability that lands WL somewhere near, ask WL to put skills on 30-60s CD in order to have any chance to catch Gobbo.

Good news are: WL numbers diminish and once the class is nearly extinct, it can expect to get buffs. Meanwhile it can be replaced with some Order RDPS as Order clearly needs more.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#172 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:31 am

5 seconds is good considering that this will often turn to 10 if you come up against a competent BO. WL is supposed to be the mobile front-loaded DPS class. Also should factor in SH/Shaman's Run away tactic as, with 10 seconds on the CD of Pounce, the classes would become nigh uncatchable if played well (they already are, to an extent); WL's Pounce is supposed to be the counter to these classes' kiting ability.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#173 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:03 am

Pounce lets the WL do a hit and run tactic and makes him less dependent on a guard-tank. For this reason the cooldown should not be increased, maybe even lowered. If the ability is too strong, lower the damage, reduce the run-speed-increase or increase the AP-cost.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

TenTonHammer

Post#174 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:08 am

peterthepan3 wrote:WL's Pounce is supposed to be the counter to these classes' kiting ability.
A counter, not THE counter
You shouldnt put soo much emphasis like this is the only catch/CC ability available to order

Oldschool

Post#175 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:16 am

Spoiler:
I wish that somebody of the Devs realy want to take a look at the Marauders like they discuss the WLs pounce now....
Marauder have a 2Sec cast of terrible embrace instead of a instant pounce skill. Ist a total useless skill in pvp, cause ist only 65feets and 2 Sec casttime where the marauder have to stand still. Every enemy runs out of range during this time or out of sight, behind tree or wall ...
If I compare the WL to the miror class Marauder I have to say, ist way easier for a marauder to get in a Close fight and out before dieing then a marauder.
And we not want to start talking about the burst damage a WL can do compared to a marauder.
I write this here cause the WL is the mirror class to the marauder and I feel the marauder somewhat underperforming cause of flexibility to get into a meleefight.
Its so easy to kite a marauder where a WL have a Pet and a Pounce jump and a Pet what can kick....
Just a Brief notice what I feel compare WL to Marauder.

If I see this Server compared to the Live Server I feel that the Ranged classes are overwhelming more and more. And Destro is a classic Melee Faction. In most of the SCs Order playes with alot of SW and Engis, not to Forget this unbeliveable Damage AMs.....where I have to ask myself, if I want to Play a Damage class, why I Chose a Healer...but anyway, if I can heal and do more Damage then DDs...AMs are amazing DDs now....
I write this cause if you Play a melee class what have to "run" to there fight, you desperatly Needs a Guard and Healer in your poket to be able to do something, where as other classes just Need to kite without a risk... This is in the random SCs and RvR not the case.
In my thought there must be a reliable Chance for a MDPS class to get to the fight.
A WL jumps in and out, a WE and WH sneak to there target, but Choppa, slayer and Marauder have the bad ticket to get damage and die before getting "in".
In this case the Marauder, Slayer and Choppa are not able to Play "alone".
I know ist a Team game but every class should be able to have a good reason to be played, otherwise we have just healer who does more damage then DDs and hell of Ranged classes...and MDPS for guild and Team Players only who have the Support of a premade team.

So, is there anything in the future from the DEVs that will Change this?
Read the Balance Forum rules. This is for specific, targeted, detailed analysis of the topic. Not a whine thread as to what DEVs will do about perceived faction imbalance.

- wargrimnir

TenTonHammer

Post#176 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 am

Arbich wrote:Pounce lets the WL do a hit and run tactic and makes him less dependent on a guard-tank. For this reason the cooldown should not be increased, maybe even lowered. If the ability is too strong, lower the damage, reduce the run-speed-increase or increase the AP-cost.
It was also the most powerful moblity, chase and positioning tool in the game and allowed WL's to complealty ignore a compleate subset of CC in the game; knockbacks

The damage isnt the issue though the ability did hit for like 700-900 but thts more because of the 50% crit tactic

Lastly if the entire effectiveness of a class is tied to 1 specific ability that needs to be spec'd from a mastery tree then dont you think there is something really wrong with that?

peterthepan3

Post#177 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:24 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:WL's Pounce is supposed to be the counter to these classes' kiting ability.
A counter, not THE counter
You shouldnt put soo much emphasis like this is the only catch/CC ability available to order
Oh of course there are other counters (ranged KD, charge), but a slayer or witch hunter can get kited very easily by a good shaman and in terms of melee classes there aren't many counters other than charge.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#178 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Arbich wrote:Pounce lets the WL do a hit and run tactic and makes him less dependent on a guard-tank. For this reason the cooldown should not be increased, maybe even lowered. If the ability is too strong, lower the damage, reduce the run-speed-increase or increase the AP-cost.
It was also the most powerful moblity, chase and positioning tool in the game and allowed WL's to complealty ignore a compleate subset of CC in the game; knockbacks

The damage isnt the issue though the ability did hit for like 700-900 but thts more because of the 50% crit tactic

Lastly if the entire effectiveness of a class is tied to 1 specific ability that needs to be spec'd from a mastery tree then dont you think there is something really wrong with that?
I agree regarding knockbacks, but if WL couldn´t use pounce while in air, at least the longer punts would be still useful.

Damage-decrease was one suggestion to nerf the ability, you could combine it with an only 1sec speed-buff and maybe an AP-cost-increase (but WL already starving for AP, so I don´t know if this is a good idea)

I am not talking about effectivity in the first place, but about uniqueness of the class. What do you think how many different abilities/mechanics each class has that makes them unique in comparison to the other classes? Regarding this, maybe pounce should be a core-ability.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
dur3al

Post#179 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:00 pm

So it was changed again why?
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Panzerkasper

Post#180 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:14 pm

dur3al wrote:So it was changed again why?
Because it was still too good (for obvious reason). Now i think its's almost ok, but time will tell.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen