Recent Topics

Ads

[Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

After feedback has reached it's viable limit, it will retire here to keep the main section clean and tidy.
Valarion

Re: [Implementation Feedback] Patch Sept 18 2018

Post#81 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 pm

Thanks for taking the time to give us the vision behind these changes. Without this background its more than a little difficult to understand the direction.

I'd ask that you continue your efforts to make the Chosen and Knights skill based but without reducing their power. Usually when I read this I get PTSD nerf bat flashbacks.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#82 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 am

Valarion wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 pm Thanks for taking the time to give us the vision behind these changes. Without this background its more than a little difficult to understand the direction.

I'd ask that you continue your efforts to make the Chosen and Knights skill based but without reducing their power. Usually when I read this I get PTSD nerf bat flashbacks.
Contrary to popular opinion: there is no intention to nerf Chosen/KOBS power, per se, but rather to change the methods in which one can attain & utilise said power.

vanbuinen77

Post#83 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 am

Any word on the dok/wp question?
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

adamthelc

Post#84 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:04 am

vanbuinen77 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 pm Since sh have squig armor converting their ranged stats to melee stats.

Is there any way doks/wps can get the same thing but for converting healing stats to melee stats so we can use all of our sets instead of being stuck with doing only scens to get sets that are viable?
A couple of problems with this. First what you are asking for is closer to the RP/Zealot buff than the SH.

The SH gets an amount of armor they wouldnt be able to normally get. Also as far as I know they dont have any str gear sets. So the SH allows them to attain what they normally couldn't attain, it's not a QoL buff.

So what you want is the RP/Zealot buff. The reason they were originally given that buff was because their mastery trees are all mixed up so in theory it is there so they dont have to ignore half of their mastery abilities. It doesnt really work in practice but that's the idea.

The buff you are asking for is so that you can avoid doing part of the game you dont want to do. Not really the same situation as any of the other classes I just mentioned.

If they wanted to allow you to do this it makes more sense to just allow the conversion of currency so all classes can avoid scenarios if they want. Not just doks/wps.

I dont agree with doing that, but it's more reasonable than giving one special class a buff.

catholicism198

Post#85 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:05 am

vanbuinen77 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 am Any word on the dok/wp question?
That would make doks/wps pretty oped don't yah think?
The experimental mode for both classes did that to gear, but there were various limiters in play to prevent abusing it.
They'd either have to add a pretty significant CD to that, or attach the stat conversion to Divine Fury.

The guy that was going to make another, improved, experimental mode is no longer here so.....

Bozzax

Post#86 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:14 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 am
Valarion wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:49 pm Thanks for taking the time to give us the vision behind these changes. Without this background its more than a little difficult to understand the direction.

Contrary to popular opinion: there is no intention to nerf Chosen/KOBS power, per se, but rather to change the methods in which one can attain & utilise said power.
Why do it then?

This game is played mostly by old war players and they will whine and cry and we get more drama and loose more players. Sure the change will have a handfull of fanbois saying it is super but is it really worth it if you dont balance anything.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

anarchypark

Post#87 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 am

overall realm balance :
recently, magus got ST burst buff.
2sec blue fire and channel.
while SW lost scout burst.
fester build require additional gcd+cast time of acid arrow.
plus shaman dps burst.

it's realm unbalance of rdps burst.

I don't see why we need more rdps burst in the game.
if ranges need burst instead of stationary build up, then get rid of stationary mechanic.
giving magus/engie stand build up + quick burst build both is OP.

or revert SW scout change for balanced number of rdps burst.

I would go less rdps dominance but i don't know your grand plans.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

HtGeist

Post#88 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:02 am

I feel the lazor beams at half time full dmg is way over the top pressure on anyone stacked with dots etc..i would hope not only the shammies i have spoken agree its too much,but some of the AM's would also join in and say its nice but too much,specially for healer hybrid dps.
Another thing i dont get is the mara m2 nerf...i mean bw for sure they got rnage and can power up melt stuff at range aoe pressure at range...dont the mara when he finally able to close the distance deserve to plow those range mf'ers like a lawnmover? i mean release the frust of having had to dodge the hail of ranged sheit of the walls in keep siege...what about that balance? feels like they just got axed so order would have less to complain about.
Atm good for WL back where it makes sense again..but Lion too strong..and need to look at lion cd on snare,was perma snared by a wl in t1 on tank juggernaut the pet snare as WL show me no ass but footsoles while pet munches on my kneecaps..snared again 2 sec after...snared for rest of fight...tried killing the pet took ages,wl had time to double back from other lake map to hot it at 30% and start bursting with morale...hmmin t3 lion soloes squishies.too strong just a tad.

my 5 cent average player in average gear doing mostly solo stuff.
-Even educated zombies growl!

Ads
Foomy44

Post#89 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:48 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 am overall realm balance :
recently, magus got ST burst buff.
2sec blue fire and channel.
while SW lost scout burst.
fester build require additional gcd+cast time of acid arrow.
plus shaman dps burst.

it's realm unbalance of rdps burst.

I don't see why we need more rdps burst in the game.
if ranges need burst instead of stationary build up, then get rid of stationary mechanic.
giving magus/engie stand build up + quick burst build both is OP.

or revert SW scout change for balanced number of rdps burst.

I would go less rdps dominance but i don't know your grand plans.
I'm curious why you complain about shaman burst while not mentioning AM at all, or why you think shaman getting buffed to AM level means SW needs to get stronger to balance it while not mentioning SH's big shootin stance is equally as crap (far as I'm aware)? You ask for SW buff because magus got a buff, shouldn't engi changes be the right place to balance that like that buff they just got?
Last edited by Foomy44 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

murmelon

Post#90 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:49 am

Do you have any plan to reduce Black Ork's Arm Breaka CD by 5 sec, like it at SM's Sapping Strike?