Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - spirit damage

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BeautfulToad

Warrior Priest - spirit damage

Post#1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 am

The WP has two important skills for its melee builds. Divine Assault is clearly important for any melee WP (Grace or Wrath). I am not sure what the damage scales from though. I am told WS Armour pen does not count due to its spirit damage. Is it entirely strength based or does it scale from intelligence?

The other attack is soulfire or something. This is a pretty decent AoE attack that dots everyone in 30 feet for a fair bit of damage, but I am not sure what stat it scales from either.

There is a lot i dont get about how spirit damage combines with a melee attack. If WS is not important, I dont get what is reducing the damage output from my hits, since presumably only toughness will mitigate any spirit damage?

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: Warrior Priest - spirit damage

Post#2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:46 am

Try experimenting drinking different potions and look at damage figures.

Spirit damage is mitigated by spirit resistance as well. I think soft cap of this mitigation is 40%
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Tesq

Post#3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am

Spirit resistence of course reduces your spi dmg...

If you attack either melee or ranged are physical it's armor if are spi/ele/corp its resistences (and in both case toughness aswell).

Resitences have a lower reduction than armor hence no correspective of wep skill.
There are skills that debuff resistences on sm/kobs/engi/am on order side. System Kinda want you to group up.

BeautfulToad

Post#4 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:46 am Try experimenting drinking different potions and look at damage figures.
Spirit damage is mitigated by spirit resistance as well. I think soft cap of this mitigation is 40%
It is more things like how parry works. Since a WP melee builds will be built around spirit damage, it seems like you need to boost int, but then you have things like parry that are presumably still measured against strength.
Tesq wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am There are skills that debuff resistences on sm/kobs/engi/am on order side. System Kinda want you to group up.
So presumably you need int to improve damage, and str to bypass parry melee attacks. I dont really understand how the AoE spirit attack works at all. Does this count as a spell?

Gangan

Post#5 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:21 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 pm
abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:46 am Try experimenting drinking different potions and look at damage figures.
It is more things like how parry works. Since a WP melee builds will be built around spirit damage, it seems like you need to boost int, but then you have things like parry that are presumably still measured against strength.
Tesq wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am There are skills that debuff resistences on sm/kobs/engi/am on order side. System Kinda want you to group up.
So presumably you need int to improve damage, and str to bypass parry melee attacks. I dont really understand how the AoE spirit attack works at all. Does this count as a spell?
I'm pretty sure that int won't boost your dmg. The attack type (melee, phys-range or cast) determines what attribute is needed, not the dmg-type. A grenade -engine doesn't stack int, too, even though he deals resi-dmg. Therefore only your str will help you. The "bonus" on resi-dmg is that you don't need ws to penetrate armor, and resis are softcapped at 40% (armor at75%).

Your chance to parry is calculated like this: ((Defender WS / Attacker ST) *7.5)+(Defenders Parry - Attackers Parry Strikethrough "both from gear and RR")
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

abezverkhiy

Post#6 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Try it. I am interested to know your results.

I am mostly in Salv and only started to accumulate high quality melee gear but would love to hear a successful story about WP damager.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Lilim
Community Management

Post#7 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Hey,

okay, I don't know if this information will help you, but "Judgement" for instance, scales with strength.

Tesq

Post#8 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:00 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 pm
-All melee attack boost with str the reduction depend of the dmg type
-All physical range atk with bal skill
Again reduction depend on dmg type
-All magical range atk with int
These are all magical therefor reduced by resitences

Aka for reduction look the dmg the skill does for increase dmg look what class you are, no exeption.

Ads
Ramasee

Post#9 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:26 pm

How is there still this much mis-information. It's been 10 years!

Your ability damage scales based off what it is assigned to scale on. For nearly all melee abilities (5ft range), this is strength. Many also scale with weapon DPS. All warrior priest damage abilities scale with strength and all the melee direct damage abilities scale with weapon dps (the dots and ranged damage do not). This is unless RoR staff have changed it since I last tested and did not post it in the patch notes (unlikely).

If an ability scales with strength, ballistic skill, or intelligence, it is mitigated by toughness.

If an ability scales with strength, you can block/parry it. If it scales with ballistic skill, you can block/dodge it. If it scales with intelligence, you can block/disrupt it. An ability can have an undefendable tag, in which case you cannot block/parry/dodge/disrupt it. Morales for example all hold undefendable tags.

Damage type is assigned to a skill as well. This has nothing to do with offensive stats. Physical damage is mitigated by armor. Elemental/Corporeral/Spiritual damage is mitigated by their respective resistance. Morale Damage (Raw Damage, True Damage) is rarely put on the tooltip, but it is mitigated by absolutely nothing.