Recent Topics

Ads

Uzgul Bakraz - Dwarf Guild

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Deadpxxl

Re: Uzgul Bakraz - Dwarf Guild

Post#31 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Eathisword wrote:Woot ! Thanks mate ! I never thought I would become giantslayer in a lore story... This is definitely one of the coolest thing that ever happened to me in a video game lol.

Had I known, I woulda took a minute to google a real dwarf name when i created my character! (cough cough, Gumthorr, change my name to suit a dwarf hero 8-) )

Nevertheless, that was a fun read ! Make more !
I'm glad you like it and Ryan is right, Volgograd is a Dwarf hero ! I'll make more, I didn't expect those good feedbacks.
It will be fun next time we meet each other in the game knowing the backstory of our characters :')
Garod - Ironbreaker (Uzgul Bakraz)
Ungor - Daemon Slayer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Karadrin - Runepriest (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgur - Longbeard (Uzgul Bakraz)
Brogarr - Engineer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgor - Hammerer

Ads
Noergl

Post#32 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Deadpxxl wrote:
I'm building an army, a bigger threat grows in the shadow ! Chaos is only a small obstacle for us we will crush you ! We will conquer the Old World by eradicating all our enemies !
Oi, ancestors be praised, butt here are some news that hadn´t reached us yet here at the frontlines.
Somehow the HighKing, OUR Highking has forgotten to mention to us longtime fighting loyal dawi regiments that he has given up the crown and position of highest leader of all dawis and that now you personally are building an army to conquer the world and crush all enemies of dawikind.
So we should resign our battle efforts along with our allies and let this new army do the work all alone?
Or do we have to bend our knees to this new all conquering highking and swear new oaths?
I´m really are a little confused regarding your claims and i sincerely apologise to your lordship, i guess it is my old age that is giving me some weird thoughts and questions. I would humbly and kindly ask your highness to prove your claims and i will personally take upon me the hardship of travelling to our Highking and ask his guidance and wisdom in these confusing matters.

Also i´m sure our brethren would like to know about this bigger threat, cause in the last centuries we hadn´t the impression that the forces of chaos are only a small obstacle. I would be so bold and claim i have met formerly normal and loyal generals who succumbed to the whispers of chaos and thought they would be the only true allknowing invincible saviours of the old world. But i´m sure there are no similarities in any way to be found here.
I had the impression that our ancestors, praised be their names, endured much hardship in their long and lasting efforts to hold the forces of chaos back! But perhaps the teachings and prayers i have learned over the years are somehow not true any longer, i´m just an old lorekeeper with probably false and clouded judgement in these matters.
I´m looking forward to your kind reply and thank you in advance for taking the time to enlighten an old and irritated runepriest.

Yours sincerely
Noergl Morgrimsfind, runepriest and lorekeeper of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Deadpxxl

Post#33 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Noergl wrote:
Deadpxxl wrote:
I'm building an army, a bigger threat grows in the shadow ! Chaos is only a small obstacle for us we will crush you ! We will conquer the Old World by eradicating all our enemies !
Oi, ancestors be praised, butt here are some news that hadn´t reached us yet here at the frontlines.
Somehow the HighKing, OUR Highking has forgotten to mention to us longtime fighting loyal dawi regiments that he has given up the crown and position of highest leader of all dawis and that now you personally are building an army to conquer the world and crush all enemies of dawikind.
So we should resign our battle efforts along with our allies and let this new army do the work all alone?
Or do we have to bend our knees to this new all conquering highking and swear new oaths?
I´m really are a little confused regarding your claims and i sincerely apologise to your lordship, i guess it is my old age that is giving me some weird thoughts and questions. I would humbly and kindly ask your highness to prove your claims and i will personally take upon me the hardship of travelling to our Highking and ask his guidance and wisdom in these confusing matters.

Also i´m sure our brethren would like to know about this bigger threat, cause in the last centuries we hadn´t the impression that the forces of chaos are only a small obstacle. I would be so bold and claim i have met formerly normal and loyal generals who succumbed to the whispers of chaos and thought they would be the only true allknowing invincible saviours of the old world. But i´m sure there are no similarities in any way to be found here.
I had the impression that our ancestors, praised be their names, endured much hardship in their long and lasting efforts to hold the forces of chaos back! But perhaps the teachings and prayers i have learned over the years are somehow not true any longer, i´m just an old lorekeeper with probably false and clouded judgement in these matters.
I´m looking forward to your kind reply and thank you in advance for taking the time to enlighten an old and irritated runepriest.

Yours sincerely
Noergl Morgrimsfind, runepriest and lorekeeper of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.
Oi Noergl Morgrimsfind

After the events of the "Great Battle of Karak Norn", Garod son of Uthamir Bloodfist, learnt that even some Dwarfs can be cowards as any other race. Garod didn't claimed the crown of Karak Norn, he only decided to create an army of brave Dwarfs against an old enemy coming from the Ancient Word. Uzgul Bakraz will crush every people against us, every race against us. We have nothing too lose, we have lost everything.

Every brave Dwarfs can fight with us if they want, nobody has to bend knees in front of us, Garod leads an ideal, we are all as equal. But if your loyalty is not complete, we give us the power of life and death over you. Our army is powerful because we trust each other. We answer to nobody. Garod had been named King of Uzgul Bakraz by the survivors of the "Great Battle" of Karak Norn, a unit where we do not recruit all the Dwarfs because they ARE Dwarfs, they must prove loyalty until death. We had enough cowards during the massacre of Karak Norn.

You are right to ask those questions. High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer was ashamed by what happened in Karak Norn and that is why this book has been find only 67 years later.

We will disclose this bigger threat when we'll meet Lorekeeper. Chaos wasn't a small obstacle for those who showed cowardness. Dwarfs have lost their former glory the past centuries. You were blinded all this time but it's not too late Noergl, not too late to open yours eyes.

I'll be glad to meet you to speak more in details.
Imgor - Hammerer

sergkalas

Post#34 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:17 am

took the hand of Buragrim, a crazy but skilled Hammerer,
Uzgul Bakrraz!! That is me! I rrememberr that battle like it was yesterrday, øh the øld times, when the gøblin werre grreenerr, the Mead gave headache and the axes neverr blunt!
May Yøur Løng Bearrd Neverr Fall Døwn, øne day we will meet nearr the firre place and tell yøu my størries about how i trraveled all acrross Nørrsca frrøm Krraka Drrak, and føught brravely trrough the Sjøktraken and the Ungruvalk. All acrrøss Norrsca, we the Nørrse Dwarrves fight brraverrly førr ourr king Thørrgarrd Crrømsøn, and despite i've been called many times things like "Cømpletely Mad Løngbearrd that charrges tø battle like Guzulmør Grungni itself", and had some møckerry done at my Nørrsca accent,and even the Prrideful Brrøgnarr Irrønbearrd tøld me ønce that i can't swing my axe and drrink a gøød Bugman's at the same time!! I døn't høld any grrudges før that, mørreøverr, listen to this øld dwarrf; King Garrød, i'm willing to teach yøurr yøunglins the arrt of smashing gøbbø's skulls and show them høw a rreal Hamerrer fights!
Buragrim Mjolnarsson - Norsca Dwarf Hammerer of Kraka Drak
Brognar Ironbeard - Ironbreaker of Karak Norn
Galdrim Firebeard - Skavenslayer of Karak Kadrin
Dragni Trueshoot - Thunderer

Gilfo1924

Post#35 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:54 am

Count me in with my dwarf characters!
I played Warhammer in beta to close to when the servers went down.
For Order I only played dwarfs!

Deadpxxl

Post#36 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:50 am

sergkalas wrote:
took the hand of Buragrim, a crazy but skilled Hammerer,
Uzgul Bakrraz!! That is me! I rrememberr that battle like it was yesterrday, øh the øld times, when the gøblin werre grreenerr, the Mead gave headache and the axes neverr blunt!
May Yøur Løng Bearrd Neverr Fall Døwn, øne day we will meet nearr the firre place and tell yøu my størries about how i trraveled all acrross Nørrsca frrøm Krraka Drrak, and føught brravely trrough the Sjøktraken and the Ungruvalk. All acrrøss Norrsca, we the Nørrse Dwarrves fight brraverrly førr ourr king Thørrgarrd Crrømsøn, and despite i've been called many times things like "Cømpletely Mad Løngbearrd that charrges tø battle like Guzulmør Grungni itself", and had some møckerry done at my Nørrsca accent,and even the Prrideful Brrøgnarr Irrønbearrd tøld me ønce that i can't swing my axe and drrink a gøød Bugman's at the same time!! I døn't høld any grrudges før that, mørreøverr, listen to this øld dwarrf; King Garrød, i'm willing to teach yøurr yøunglins the arrt of smashing gøbbø's skulls and show them høw a rreal Hamerrer fights!
I was right, a crazy Dwarf ! Ha ! Ha ! However you showed others you were brave, someone we follow even in the underworld ! Uzgul Bakraz !
Gilfo1924 wrote:Count me in with my dwarf characters!
I played Warhammer in beta to close to when the servers went down.
For Order I only played dwarfs!
That's the right thing to do, only Dwarfs ! PM me the names of your characters and I'll add them when the server is up. Uzgul Bakraz !
Imgor - Hammerer

Noergl

Post#37 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Deadpxxl wrote: And yes, Karak Norn is a Karak with no official King so I was free to create something.
I fear you are mistaken. Karak Norn is ruled by King Brokk Ironpick the Grim and Queen Thurma of the Grintzagaz clan.
(source: Dwarfs: Stone and Steel. Page 36, Hogshead Publishing and Games Workshop, September 2002)

Though your stories are a nice read, you completely ignore the "official" lore on many places. I know that this is a fantasy game, and you should be free to create your own stories. But as self proclaimed serious roleplayers i guess you should take a deeper look into the lore behind the dwarfs.

This is totally subjective, but i find it very difficult to roleplay with that background with you guys, i will try, but can´t promise it will work. You defy some traditions and rules that i take as elementary and given for a dwarf as mentioned in different official published works. Nonetheless, this is a game and you´re free to play it the way you like!

I´m looking forward to fight with you guys out in the lakes though, another dwarf guild will only help orders efforts in rvr.
My char´s roleplay replay has to wait til tomorrow , sorry.

Deadpxxl

Post#38 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Noergl wrote:
Deadpxxl wrote: And yes, Karak Norn is a Karak with no official King so I was free to create something.
I fear you are mistaken. Karak Norn is ruled by King Brokk Ironpick the Grim and Queen Thurma of the Grintzagaz clan.
(source: Dwarfs: Stone and Steel. Page 36, Hogshead Publishing and Games Workshop, September 2002)

Though your stories are a nice read, you completely ignore the "official" lore on many places. I know that this is a fantasy game, and you should be free to create your own stories. But as self proclaimed serious roleplayers i guess you should take a deeper look into the lore behind the dwarfs.

This is totally subjective, but i find it very difficult to roleplay with that background with you guys, i will try, but can´t promise it will work. You defy some traditions and rules that i take as elementary and given for a dwarf as mentioned in different official published works. Nonetheless, this is a game and you´re free to play it the way you like!

I´m looking forward to fight with you guys out in the lakes though, another dwarf guild will only help orders efforts in rvr.
My char´s roleplay replay has to wait til tomorrow , sorry.
I got every lore books about game workshop and read many "wiki" about Warhammer Fantasy, you're right, they say Karak Norn is ruled by King Brokk Ironpick but is there any more news about him ? Uthamir Bloodfist could have ruled AFTER his death or King Brokk could have ruled just after Uthamir's death as Garod didn't claim the crown. I should take a deeper look into the lore behind the Dwarfs ? I feel a bit insulted. We doesn't ask people to roleplay with us, everybody is free to do so. And you're talking about lore mistakes ? I really like the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers but it's an Engineer Unit, why is there Ironbreakers, Slayers and Runepriests ? Then it's more difficult to roleplay with you.

But I think you're hiding behind your "Lorekeeper" title but I got nothing against you, I don't know why you're trying to find mistakes in my lore story. It's like we have to adapt to you. I tried to create something completely new in a world already rich without breaking "traditions" like you say.
Imgor - Hammerer

Ads
Noergl

Post#39 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 pm

Deadpxxl wrote:But I think you're hiding behind your "Lorekeeper" title but I got nothing against you, I don't know why you're trying to find mistakes in my lore story. It's like we have to adapt to you. I tried to create something completely new in a world already rich without breaking "traditions" like you say.
First, im not hiding anything, why should i? My lorekeeper title is just a normal title in our guild, as is your king/notking/general one. I´m not in anyway claiming to be responsible to watch out for lore conformity in any threads or ingame. Im not trying to "find" mistakes in your story, it just happens that there are some and as a roleplayer i found them...strange.

I dont expect you to adapt to me... but please dont expect others to adapt to your selfwritten background as well.

As I said, you can play as you like, you can write what you like...but please be aware that others perhaps dont share your vision in creating something "completely new in a world already rich" as you so rightfully said.

I think its best to not delve deeper into this, i wish you luck for your guild and i will refrain from commenting any more or roleplay with you. The ancestors watch over you.

Deadpxxl

Post#40 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Noergl wrote:
Deadpxxl wrote:But I think you're hiding behind your "Lorekeeper" title but I got nothing against you, I don't know why you're trying to find mistakes in my lore story. It's like we have to adapt to you. I tried to create something completely new in a world already rich without breaking "traditions" like you say.
First, im not hiding anything, why should i? My lorekeeper title is just a normal title in our guild, as is your king/notking/general one. I´m not in anyway claiming to be responsible to watch out for lore conformity in any threads or ingame. Im not trying to "find" mistakes in your story, it just happens that there are some and as a roleplayer i found them...strange.

I dont expect you to adapt to me... but please dont expect others to adapt to your selfwritten background as well.

As I said, you can play as you like, you can write what you like...but please be aware that others perhaps dont share your vision in creating something "completely new in a world already rich" as you so rightfully said.

I think its best to not delve deeper into this, i wish you luck for your guild and i will refrain from commenting any more or roleplay with you. The ancestors watch over you.
I expect others to adapt to my selfwritten background ? Nope YOU told it will be very difficult to roleplay with us, that you'll try but can't promise it'll work. I didn't recruited you if I remember ?
And if people doesn't share my vision, it's right but don't comment like yours is the one to follow.
Who are you to tell me it's better not to delve deeper into this ?

I don't have time to lose with you in unproductive debate.
Imgor - Hammerer