Recent Topics

Ads

Uzgul Bakraz - Dwarf Guild

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Uzgul Bakraz - Dwarf Guild

Post#21 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:04 pm

We could add a gumthorr Storyline to K a K , don't you think, Ryan? ^^

Ads
Deadpxxl

Post#22 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:31 pm

saupreusse wrote:We could add a gumthorr Storyline to K a K , don't you think, Ryan? ^^
I just finished writing : "The Rebirth of Gumthorr" ! Go check it out !
Garod - Ironbreaker (Uzgul Bakraz)
Ungor - Daemon Slayer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Karadrin - Runepriest (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgur - Longbeard (Uzgul Bakraz)
Brogarr - Engineer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgor - Hammerer

RyanMakara

Post#23 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Deadpxxl wrote:
saupreusse wrote:We could add a gumthorr Storyline to K a K , don't you think, Ryan? ^^
Amazing addition to the tale. As fun and heroic it is to cleave through hordes of green filth, ripping a dangerous creature from the inside out is even better! Reminds me of ol' Byrrnoth, King of Barak Varr, who endured a similar punishment that didn't work out in the beast's favour. 'Course, it left him wounded as well, but as sturdy as our kin is, we shall endure every wrong!

RyanMakara

Post#24 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Deadpxxl wrote:
YUKO wrote:LOL. Ûzgul Bâkraz does not mean "dead berserkers", its an expression in neo-khâzal for "darkness against" whentossing a guard as a Ironbreaker, my character shouts that for the last twelve months in game when using guard.
I have also noted and informed you that many times before, not sure why you continued that path when I gave you a better option.
Sorry to disappoint you but it means "Dead Berserkers" in Khazalid, moreover, Dwarfs do not speak Icelandic as you do. I'm afraid I feel jealousy ? I've never been rude to you, I have always remained polite. You have already informed me of this ? I don't think so. You just send me an invitation in your guild and I told you that was not possible because I created mine with my brother and I couldn't abandon the project. Your guild is a six people guild, how is it a better option ?
Oh, I think we 'ave a grudge on our hands! Clan wars!

Deadpxxl

Post#25 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:01 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
Deadpxxl wrote:
Amazing addition to the tale. As fun and heroic it is to cleave through hordes of green filth, ripping a dangerous creature from the inside out is even better! Reminds me of ol' Byrrnoth, King of Barak Varr, who endured a similar punishment that didn't work out in the beast's favour. 'Course, it left him wounded as well, but as sturdy as our kin is, we shall endure every wrong!
I didn't know Byrrnoth before, it seems he's as badass as Gumthorr ! They are not alone in having achieved this, if I remember well, another Dwarf had stayed three days in the belly of a Kraken to finally come out. Crazy Dwarfs...
Imgor - Hammerer

Kov

Post#26 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:53 pm

YUKO wrote:LOL. Ûzgul Bâkraz does not mean "dead berserkers", its an expression in neo-khâzal for "darkness against" whentossing a guard as a Ironbreaker, my character shouts that for the last twelve months in game when using guard.
I have also noted and informed you that many times before, not sure why you continued that path when I gave you a better option. I find this guild highly inaccurate and if anything weird.

Edit: It will be very weird as my guildmates shout "ûzgul bâkraz" when they nothing to do with this guild. Thanks for making the trouble.

Here you go.
Khazalid in a general sense, this is a guide to understanding Khazalid and its complexity.
English to Khazalid, this is for you to find words you know in English and translate them into the dwarf language, useful for anything Khazalid related.

"Darkness Against" has no direct translation into Khazalid.
Darkness translates into Dum (or Dhark being that Dhark means dark, but Dharkhangron can also work if speaking specifically about the dark below, as in underground). Dum Damnaz or Darkness Grudge can work for there is no word in the known Khazalid language that directly translates into 'Against'.

Other suggestions:
Dum Grunbak - Darkness Grumble
Nai, Na, or Nuf Dum - No Darkness
Unbaraki Dum - Oathbreaker Darkness
Dhark Unbaraki - Dark Oathbreaker
Dhark Damnaz - Dark Grudge

If I miss anything, please tell me and I will fix. If you are talking about a foreign language then I am unfamiliar with and do not claim I do this applies to Khazalid as I have only a rudimentary understanding of the fictional language. These are suggestions to scratch out the apparent grudge that has been placed on the members of Uzgul Bakraz. If these are not accepted the grudge will be settled in battle, champion versus champion or on the battlefield to prove our honor (holding keeps or a kill count can be a part of the challenge).

Other sources:
Lexicanum
HammerWiki
VermintideHeroes (limited)
Librarium-online (This is a repost)
Chaos-Dwarfs Wiki specific to chaos dwarfs

CzarRedwall

Post#27 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:42 pm

The foolish dwarven clans find themselves in yet another meaningless squabble. Little do they know, a growing shadow comes to consume them all. The Hordes of Chaos march! And with them, doom!

Deadpxxl

Post#28 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:00 pm

CzarRedwall wrote:The foolish dwarven clans find themselves in yet another meaningless squabble. Little do they know, a growing shadow comes to consume them all. The Hordes of Chaos march! And with them, doom!
I'm building an army, a bigger threat grows in the shadow ! Chaos is only a small obstacle for us we will crush you ! We will conquer the Old World by eradicating all our enemies !
Imgor - Hammerer

Ads
Eathisword

Post#29 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Woot ! Thanks mate ! I never thought I would become giantslayer in a lore story... This is definitely one of the coolest thing that ever happened to me in a video game lol.

Had I known, I woulda took a minute to google a real dwarf name when i created my character! (cough cough, Gumthorr, change my name to suit a dwarf hero 8-) )

Nevertheless, that was a fun read ! Make more !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

RyanMakara

Post#30 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:36 pm

Eathisword wrote:Woot ! Thanks mate ! I never thought I would become giantslayer in a lore story... This is definitely one of the coolest thing that ever happened to me in a video game lol.

Had I known, I woulda took a minute to google a real dwarf name when i created my character! (cough cough, Gumthorr, change my name to suit a dwarf hero 8-) )

Nevertheless, that was a fun read ! Make more !
But dear, you ARE a Dwarf hero... be the name you've chosen suitable to the lore or not ;)