Recent Topics

Ads

I feel like nothing has changed

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Urdeg

Re: I feel like nothing has changed

Post#11 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Remarkably, if you go look at the thread for the destro side, you'll find players on both sides whining and complaining about the exact same things from their peers. Always ask yourself if you're turning something into a Grass-Is-Always-Greener sort of thing, only placebo tells you that these prpblems are unique to you.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Ads
Kellindell

Post#12 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 am

Ive been playing MMOs since EQs release. Whether its Order vs Destro, Horde vs Alliance, Rebels vs Imperials etc... This is a trend I am confident I can say "is a thing." I have played both sides, and consistently over the years I have seen this issue on the "good guy" side, and on the other side whenever I have dipped into it I see people working together, focusing the proper targets and playing the objective.

So no, I do not think it is a placebo thing.

And I am talking about the lower rank stuff, I cannot speak on what the higher tier stuff is like. I just got out of a SC and we lost 500 to 10, half our group appeared to be a multi boxxer playing 5 white lions.

The crazy amount of toxic people trashing the group and not assisting, not focusing healers etc... The closest thing I saw to teamwork was when our one solo healer logged out of the WB a few people logged out and logged on healers but we still got crushed and camped outside our warcamp and the numbers were relatively even.

There are several factors I see adding to this. The first being shamans appear to be wildly OP in the low brackets and 90% of what I see are shamans. There is a huge call for KOTBS at the higher tiers so right now we are indulated with KOTBS in the low tier and they cannot do much low tier. At least not that I have seen.

But even if we are losing, I still see the same things over and over again. The biggest being people sitting there banging on SnB tanks that have 2 healers in the back with no one on them.

I also see little to no communication. Someone made a reference to leading people to fix these problems. Any attempt I have to speak in WB or get people to engage in tactics or calling out targets goes ignored.

Tesq

Post#13 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 am

Even the pug wb can work to some extent but you need to dedicate yourself to it and lead and purge ppl which dont follow or dont use x or y. And youneed to know what x or y ppl have to use, especialy tanks.

And kick wh/we by default cuz still no aoe build......sad but true...

BeautfulToad

Post#14 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:42 am

Kellindell wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 am Ive been playing MMOs since EQs release. Whether its Order vs Destro, Horde vs Alliance, Rebels vs Imperials etc... This is a trend I am confident I can say "is a thing." I have played both sides, and consistently over the years I have seen this issue on the "good guy" side, and on the other side whenever I have dipped into it I see people working together, focusing the proper targets and playing the objective.

So no, I do not think it is a placebo thing.

And I am talking about the lower rank stuff, I cannot speak on what the higher tier stuff is like. I just got out of a SC and we lost 500 to 10, half our group appeared to be a multi boxxer playing 5 white lions.

The crazy amount of toxic people trashing the group and not assisting, not focusing healers etc... The closest thing I saw to teamwork was when our one solo healer logged out of the WB a few people logged out and logged on healers but we still got crushed and camped outside our warcamp and the numbers were relatively even.

There are several factors I see adding to this. The first being shamans appear to be wildly OP in the low brackets and 90% of what I see are shamans. There is a huge call for KOTBS at the higher tiers so right now we are indulated with KOTBS in the low tier and they cannot do much low tier. At least not that I have seen.

But even if we are losing, I still see the same things over and over again. The biggest being people sitting there banging on SnB tanks that have 2 healers in the back with no one on them.

I also see little to no communication. Someone made a reference to leading people to fix these problems. Any attempt I have to speak in WB or get people to engage in tactics or calling out targets goes ignored.
Funnily enough, with talk of choppa pulls, kotbs, and WL, I always found AM/shammie DPS very powerful. Order hate AM DPS, personally I think they are strong. Destro also complain about shammy DPS. A lot in order also dont really understand how Grace WP melee healers work either (if your melee stay within 100 feet and in a group, and you will have difficulty dying).

But i do agree, PUGs suffer from balance issues. My only advice with PUGs in SCs is that it all works in rotation. So if in PUG play, you lose badly 2-3 times in a row, stop for 30-40 mins and wait for a new set of players to come in.

I think the lack of melee is as much an issue for Order as lack of healers, not least that two very strong WP healer builds benefit massively from a strong Order melee group.

Order just have cool rdps. AM DPS is as strong as shammie, or nearly as strong. I can understand why people pick them, I have been killed enough times by AM DPS.SW rdps is probably slightly stronger than SH rdps. Engis have the best range in the game. I can understand why people are tempted by them, they are nice classes.