Recent Topics

Ads

Best Loner (No Pet) White Lion Build?

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ScaliTerrore

Best Loner (No Pet) White Lion Build?

Post#1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:05 pm

hi everybody, I really like the White Lion, mostly because of his Pounce Ability, since I really like mobility and it seems that the White Lion is the only Class more or less in the Game with a nice gap closer, BUT i HATE Pets, I can't stand them, even if they do everything in automatic... I hate Pet Classes.

I noticed that there is a Tactics that allow you to do 25% more Damage and have a no CD Pounce and remove the ability to use the Pet (Three birds with a stone I would say ahahah)... Any good build with that Tactic?

Thank you so much!

Ads
Ototo

Re: Best Loner (No Pet) White Lion Build?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm

As you may have noticed by now, there are a lot of skills that involve increased damage, extra damage, extra pressure, etc... coming from your lion, not to mention that the class knockdown and pull depend on the pet too. So long story short: There must be a build, but it will tremendously underperform compared to having the lion, this is not Squig Herder.

If you hate pets, reroll into Assault SW. Here you have a guide: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=23150
Spoiler:

Lithenir

Post#3 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:00 pm

As mentioned before, it is not highly recommendable to play a loner build because you lose too much utility and skills.
But after thinking about it, I think if I really wanted to go loner I would try one of these builds.

RoR.builders - White Lion

Not sure about the last tactic on this one. Loner, Brute Force and Flanking are must haves. I do think that I would go with Pack Hunting on this one even if I don't like this tactic because I think Trained to Hunt is garbage. Which brings me to another question. Does Trained to Hunt and Trained to Threaten etc work with the Loner tactic?

Flavorburst

Post#4 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Lithenir wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:00 pm As mentioned before, it is not highly recommendable to play a loner build because you lose too much utility and skills.
But after thinking about it, I think if I really wanted to go loner I would try one of these builds.

Not sure about the last tactic on this one. Loner, Brute Force and Flanking are must haves. I do think that I would go with Pack Hunting on this one even if I don't like this tactic because I think Trained to Hunt is garbage. Which brings me to another question. Does Trained to Hunt and Trained to Threaten etc work with the Loner tactic?
The second one is more viable, but I wouldn't pick up the lionheart tactic unless you had a dedicated SM with WW, and even then I think it's kinda sketchy.

And to answer your question, the "stances" work with loner.

BeautfulToad

Post#5 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:29 pm

Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm : There must be a build, but it will tremendously underperform compared to having the lion, this is not Squig Herder.
I thought WL depends on burst, does the lion provide more than 25% damage? Iirc SH lost a similar damage buff a few months back. +25% damage, particularly at high levels, seems pretty strong.

Is the utility things like fetch?

Arbich
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:54 pm

It's more the +50% crit dmg with pet and tactic
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Lithenir

Post#7 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:04 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:29 pm
Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm : There must be a build, but it will tremendously underperform compared to having the lion, this is not Squig Herder.
I thought WL depends on burst, does the lion provide more than 25% damage? Iirc SH lost a similar damage buff a few months back. +25% damage, particularly at high levels, seems pretty strong.

Tbh I never tried playing Loner therefore I don't really know if the pet really provides more than 25% damage. In my eyes you lose too much with Loner. You lose the tactic for 50% more crit damage, you lose fetch, silence and the possibility to KD. And you lose the pet abilities from the "stances". They aren't powerful in case of damage but they can have nice debuffs.

Flavorburst

Post#8 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:15 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:29 pm

You lose a lot:

CS as a reliable source of burst damage, fetch, silence, pack synergy (50% crit damage), lion damage / "passive" utility (the lions own utility/damage abilities), Revenge!, etc.

Frankly, it's not worth it; especially compared to MSH.

Ads
tsavo

Post#9 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 pm

Unfortunately not so strong anymore, used to be very good when Tearing Blade stacked back on live and it's still posible to run successfully, but needs really high end gear.

From live, when people had low armor value, TB stacked and AA wasn't nerfed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7V9YrPDIU

BeautfulToad

Post#10 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:50 pm

50% crit damage = 25% damage (I think)