Recent Topics

Ads

AT what levels does a WP and KOTBS come into their own?

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MrGone

AT what levels does a WP and KOTBS come into their own?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:52 pm

I have a level 21 WP and a 22 KOTBS. And I am just getting beat down.

I feel like I am not helping at all. At what levels does things start to turn around?

Thanks

Ads
Sulorie

Re: AT what levels does a WP and KOTBS come into their own?

Post#2 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:07 pm

When you talk about t2-3 pvp I'd say lvl17-20.
Dying is no option.

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Very important as you level up, keep you gear up to date with you! The Bolster effect you gain scales directly off of your gear. Up to date 16-39 geared people can, and often do great. Look at your knights STR aura for example, with Bolster.

When you reach max level, whole new story and I'd say things turn around for my toons in the mid 50s (tanks and healers) or mid 60s for dps toons.

Best of luck.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Foomy44

Post#4 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 pm

If you are fighting people your level you should be doing fine. If you are fighting BiS people you will be getting destroyed just like every other class in the game. Everyone gets killed a lot when they are low level, it's nothing unique to those classes. If you are spamming AoE heals with your WP or guarding a melee DPS with your tank you aren't being useless.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

MrGone

Post#5 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:22 pm

"If you are spamming AoE heals with your WP or guarding a melee DPS with your tank you aren't being useless." I am doing both but still getting smashed in the scenarios.

I will keep grinding.

Foomy44

Post#6 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:31 pm

MrGone wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:22 pm "If you are spamming AoE heals with your WP or guarding a melee DPS with your tank you aren't being useless." I am doing both but still getting smashed in the scenarios.

I will keep grinding.
You weren't complaining about losing scenarios, you were complaining about feeling useless. Are your heal numbers on the charts significantly lower than every other healer on your team? If not, then nothing to complain about. If so, then you need to read some guides and learn the class better, possibly upgrade your gear a lil.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

MrGone

Post#7 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 pm

[/quote]

You weren't complaining about losing scenarios, you were complaining about feeling useless. Are your heal numbers on the charts significantly lower than every other healer on your team? If not, then nothing to complain about. If so, then you need to read some guides and learn the class better, possibly upgrade your gear a lil.
[/quote]

I just came back after a long time. I am not using any mods.

Would a mod make things easier? I can AEO spam but targeting teammates is not easy.

Kloaner

Post#8 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:16 am

Spoiler:
MrGone wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 pm
[/quote]

Would a mod make things easier? I can AEO spam but targeting teammates is not easy.
[/quote]
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6371&p=70132#p70132
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
dwar

Post#9 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:59 am

Use your detaunt! ...stay aware of position and move if you are attacked.
WP should get Intimidating Repent @lvl23, slot and use detaunt on cooldown. Pick targets to detaunt with max effected enemies in mind.
Do not just spam grp heal. Cost / Reward calc isnt particulary good on the grp heal. PreHOT engageing allies and keep the hots going.

Divine Mend is one of the strongest heals you have/get AND it is AP based+not affected by cd modifiers. Keep that in mind.. use it.

Hope you'll start enjoying the class a bit more. This is, what I would run @lvl23 with "wp by the book"

RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Edit Do not use the shitty Siphon Moral 2 -> use focus mind. Way safer AND actually effective (FM is the goto moral2 for almost every class that gets it)

Click targets to heal and keybind the skills .. if you are dexterous enough -> bind F1-F5 to target specific grp members quicker. I bind targeting myself on x for the same reason

Willpower tactic Disciplin is not as good as it appears to be. check your overheal output with and without .the increase shouldnt be as significant and not at all as usefull as grp cleanse + ae detaunt(ae detaunt is OP)

ae detaunt + focus mind is insanely powerful to tank through heavy dps or to get away if you are focused
get your wounds quite high. Either by renown spent or by talis

I'ld appreciate to read, if you notice any improvement!

Have fun!

All of this will stay viable,works for me really well and will for you from 23 up to 40/rr80 and beyond

sharpblader

Post#10 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 am

Spoiler:
MrGone wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes. Get an addon called enemy. It provides party and warband group frames which will make it easier to guard/heal. Disable/Hide all default group frames in the layout editor.

WP: Use detaunt frequently and remember not to damage enemy. Position yourself away from enemies but in range to heal allies.

Knight: At low level use shield. Guard target and swap to those who are taking focused damage. The enemy addon will tell you if you're in range of your guarded target. Remember you have to be within 30 ft of them.

It might taking some getting used to but youll see your performance improve drastically