Recent Topics

Ads

Break The Meta

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bosli

Break The Meta

Post#1 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:17 pm

We are active mostly during EU evening (5-10pm servertime) and looking for more players to do smallscale.

Our purpose is to establish an environment that allows for memorable situations where every player has opportunities to excel in gameplay.
The plan to achieve this on a regular basis is to disregard the prominent 2-2-2 and class/archetype stack. The stagnant rigidness of current meta heavily reduces the chances for both mistakes but also opportunities to grow.
Right now, our goal is daily gameplay with regular group members.

Guild join not required.

If you are interested, just pm me in game @respecc / @missmut
Last edited by Bosli on Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Break The Meta

Post#2 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:14 pm

awesome!
-= Agony =-

Evilspinnre

Post#3 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:12 am

Can't wait to see how this new guild builds and performs! Hope to see you in a city instance soon!
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

lemao

Post#4 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:44 am

So that means you are only able to play 1/3/2 range comps.
You can not play 2 meele dps with only 1 tank effectively vs decent groups.

Zxul

Post#5 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:03 am

lemao wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:44 am So that means you are only able to play 1/3/2 range comps.
6 whs groups prove that wrong every day :P
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Bosli

Post#6 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:09 am

lemao wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:44 am So that means you are only able to play 1/3/2 range comps.
Who says I can't? As said, I don't intend to go full theorycraft meta setup, as they are boring and same-y, no matter if it's ranked or full planned warbands. Memorable fights are easier to find if you step out of your perfectly prepared comfort zone.

lemao

Post#7 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:31 am

Bosli wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:09 am
Who says I can't? As said, I don't intend to go full theorycraft meta setup, as they are boring and same-y, no matter if it's ranked or full planned warbands. Memorable fights are easier to find if you step out of your perfectly prepared comfort zone.
Sure, just saying if you plan to go meele dps you are not having a great time. Unless your dps like dying a lot.

Gladiolix

Post#8 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:45 am

lemao wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:31 am
Bosli wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:09 am
Sure, just saying if you plan to go meele dps you are not having a great time. Unless your dps like dying a lot.
With three high rank, high skill dps you can definately have great time and not die a lot. Stagger/silence the other healer (in 6v6 engagement), burst down the other healer and pretty much just finish them off after that. Not saying it's better to do 1/3/2 than 2/2/2 but it is definately viable and fun. The solo tank has a sweaty job guard swapping and good 2/2/2 will snare+punt him out of guard range, but the extra burst damage with the third dps is definately noticeable.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Ads
Bosli

Post#9 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:48 am

lemao wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:31 am Sure, just saying if you plan to go meele dps you are not having a great time. Unless your dps like dying a lot.
Correct, mdps will have to adjust their playstyle a lot more than others, which doesn't mean they can't work. On order, 2 of 3 can engage and disengage whenever they want with stealth/vanish and pounce. They don't need to play full facetank with max support just because "I kill, help me out".

nocturnalguest

Post#10 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:51 pm

Bosli wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:48 am which doesn't mean they can't work
actually it does mean they cant work, both mechanically and mathematically.
But sure, to each his own. Good luck with your endeavors.

However tho, keep in mind, you are not the first, not the last and tl;dr of such "approach" is always the same - a) none of so called "like-minded" people cause nobody enjoy to constantly keep losing without a single glimpse of hope b) absolute failure for few evenings then you will have interest to gather&play yourself c) you lose interest yourself and drop such "ideas" and play the game the way its meant to be played