Recent Topics

Ads

Best greenskin class for a newb

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
jonas11171

Best greenskin class for a newb

Post#1 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi!
I would like to ask what class you think is the best for a newbie at the game, greenskins preferably blackorc or choppa which is betta?

Ads
Saftdryck
Banned

Re: Best greenskin class for a newb

Post#2 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Go BOrc. You will not enjoy choppa without group to support you all the time.
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

jonas11171

Post#3 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:47 pm

Saftdryck wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 pm Go BOrc. You will not enjoy choppa without group to support you all the time.
Aight, is borc hard to learn?

ragafury

Post#4 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:52 pm

depends on former experience with MMORPGs, Addons, Stats and Statdistribution.
Overall it's a tank, tanks are considered the hardest class to master, though I would say BO is easy to pick up as a beginner.

It's better to start on a class which can handle itself mostly with minimal support and can trade blows than on a glasscanon which has to go melee and needs 24/7 babysitting (choppa).

just go SNB for the start and take it easy, may read the BO thread and look up some old threads; it's an often recommended and discussed class.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

jonas11171

Post#5 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:01 am

Is the two hand career path viable? Path Of Da Brawler
A master of this path believes that the best way to win a fight is through choppin the other guy into little pieces quickly. He scoffs at the thought of using a shield, since that just makes it harder to swing a massive Big Choppa around, and he doesnt need anything getting between him and his choppin!

ragafury

Post#6 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:15 am

not in all cases, grps and so on.
there are situations for it, and there are situations where you better going with SNB.

If you don't have a consistant grp with the same other 5 ppl. I recommend against it.
If you run permanently with the same 5 guys, you can go for it.

You are still a tank, your priorities are to not get blown up and defend your teammates, means you have to itemize towards it.

an offtank can put out DPS, but you have defensive duties like guardswitch, soft and hard CC usage and so on.

addtionally, 2hd speccs need a lot of renown (RR60 or better 70+) to work and a super good gearstate (dominator, BL, Genesis) on BO, not even talking about experience / undstanding of stat values.

If you want to play DPS, roll a DPS, not an offtank.

EDIT:
You can spec brawler with SNB too, there are no requirements for a 2hd weapon on the abilities. there is one tactic which you can pick up which directly impacts 2hd specs, nothing more.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Nefarian78

Post#7 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:20 am

jonas11171 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:01 am Is the two hand career path viable? Path Of Da Brawler
A master of this path believes that the best way to win a fight is through choppin the other guy into little pieces quickly. He scoffs at the thought of using a shield, since that just makes it harder to swing a massive Big Choppa around, and he doesnt need anything getting between him and his choppin!

The tree in itself is good, with the exception of Arm Breaka and Keep It Goin that are totally useless.

With the right build and equipment you can easily reach Choppa/Marauder amounts of sustained and burst damage with a 2h, but this comes at the complete expense of your defenses. You're basically a surrogate dps.

Sadly, you need BiS gear and at least rr60 to make it work, so i suggest you stick to SnB if you want to go Brawler. You deal slightly less damage than a 2h, but you gain a lot of defense thanks to Block and HTL.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

MedV

Post#8 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:29 am

The problem with everyones replies are they are talking about t4 aspects of each class. For any beginner almost any class is viable any way you want to build it. I would honestly say to not worry about what class you want to play at super high levels and try out all the classes you cld see yourself playing. I ranked 5 classes to 40 before I decided what class I wanted to play. If you want to play a BO as a 2 hander go for it, In T1 just being a warm body will help everyone.

On a side note, play order.... basically everything you want but better. Try a 2H SM or IB prob the best 2H tanks in the game.
The King.

Ads