Recent Topics

Ads

Current state of dps dok?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Panodil

Re: Current state of dps dok?

Post#21 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:41 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 am No one shall speak for a King!

ATM Dps Dok are in a good balance spot. I have no complaints since the recent change of gear.

That is all. This thread may be closed now since i have spoken.

-ICONIC
Have to agree with this statement.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
xarax

Post#22 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:13 am

Panodil wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:42 am 4 Beastlord+2 Sentinel+2 Opressor + 2 Dominator always a fun combo to run :D:D
What else are worth it?
4 BL 2 Sent 2 Opr 2 Dom for max Str
3 BL 5 Sent 2 Opr?
3 BL 3 Sent 4 Opr?
3 BL 2 Sent 5 Opr?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#23 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 am

xarax wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:13 am
Panodil wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:42 am 4 Beastlord+2 Sentinel+2 Opressor + 2 Dominator always a fun combo to run :D:D
What else are worth it?
4 BL 2 Sent 2 Opr 2 Dom for max Str
3 BL 5 Sent 2 Opr?
3 BL 3 Sent 4 Opr?
3 BL 2 Sent 5 Opr?
4 BL 3 Sent 3 Opr

Rydiak

Post#24 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 am No one shall speak for a King!

ATM Dps Dok are in a good balance spot. I have no complaints since the recent change of gear.

That is all. This thread may be closed now since i have spoken.

-ICONIC
Top DoK has spoken the truth! Strong but not OP.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:40 am
xoonerfree wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:45 am
Using transfer essence to heal and attack freed you from worrying about selecting a defensive target to heal. Without transfer essence in dual wield it's annoying having to keep reelecting a new defensive target to heal or if you're old defense target got deselected, it's annoying micro management.
But exactly this target management separates a good from a bad dps healer.
It wasn't required before and now it's required and only to heal ONE TARGET, not the entire group. It's not a fun activity, it's housekeeping for less effect.

Evidence: almost no dps doks in scenarios, before nerf lots. facts.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:22 am

The class is absolutely fine, and having to micromanage has always been a core part of lifetapping with DoK; veterans/people familiar with DPS DOK would know this.

For what its worth: I saw a load of DPS DOKs in SC these past 2 days (including my own).

Sulorie

Post#27 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 am

You had to swap targets a lot to heal multiple people with the melee heal channel in the old days, when good people changed targets between ticks. You decided to be dps spec, so your melee healing will be limited.
Dying is no option.

xarax

Post#28 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:22 am For what its worth: I saw a load of DPS DOKs in SC these past 2 days (including my own).
But not good ones ;) they where mostly lvling

And since Destro is lacking Healers in SC/WBs they were always blamed for going dps because people think they lose a heal instead. If you join as melee dd like marauder noone is complaining, even if the marauder is in green stuff and the dok has BiS.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
Ototo

Post#29 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:29 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:04 am You had to swap targets a lot to heal multiple people with the melee heal channel in the old days, when good people changed targets between ticks. You decided to be dps spec, so your melee healing will be limited.
I was there in live, and was hard to do but we did it. I'm surprised that an skill that is so obvious for single target, was allowed here for group healing. Having the advantage in speed vs its mirror (DoK use 1h swords, which are faster than a 2h hammer), it literally made the class the most cost/effective one of the entire game. Pop 2 DoKs vs 2 WPs and see them killing the priests without breaking a sweat.

Just my 2cents.
Spoiler:

Zxul

Post#30 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Still possible to play, and for that matter still at least one spec possible with good dps + as much healing as the old cookie cutter spec (don't tell Peter that Transfer Essence nerf failed).

Though after playing dps chosen, the squishiness is annoying.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh