Recent Topics

Ads

Current state of dps dok?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ScaliTerrore

Current state of dps dok?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:31 am

Which is the current state of DPS dok?
There is a reason to play it over anything?

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Current state of dps dok?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 am

very sturdy rot class with best heal debuff in game, good offheals, great sustained.

ScaliTerrore

Post#3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 am very sturdy rot class with best heal debuff in game, good offheals, great sustained.
Everything I read on the Forum and by people I asked in game are things like "useless in 99% of the cases"/"pretty much any other Class can be more useful than him with less effort "/" high need low reward Class"/"Zero mobility, almost a dead Weight in nearly every scenario"/ecc

Kurama

Post#4 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 am

You have to play it with a team, or at least a tank.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#5 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 am

If you need any advice at all about dps dok, you should pm Belladonna. Best dps dok ever + best destro top 1 guild.

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 am

ScaliTerrore wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:31 am Which is the current state of DPS dok?
There is a reason to play it over anything?
Unfortunately, the dps DOK took a major nerf several patches back.

The dps DOK ability "transfer essence" was seriously nerfed and no longer allows you to dual wield while using the transfer essence ability. The pre-nerf high dps and effective group healing of dps DOKs was lost with the nerf patch several months ago. Previously, you could just spam transfer essence and heal up the group without worrying about targeting, etc. Now you have to go shield to access the transfer essence ability, to dps heal the group (with only 1 weapon), or go dual wield and you can't effectively heal the group.

To be fair, after the nerf patch the dps DOK damage went up slightly but not enough to offset the massive nerf to the transfer essence ability, which you can no longer use in dual wield.

Dps DOK used to be able to effectively heal the entire group and dual wield -- which it can no longer do.

Hope that helps.

ScaliTerrore

Post#7 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 pm

I'm really thorned about it, every thing that i heard about that Class is something negative... He's good in certain thing, but one these things are like 5% of what you do in ror and two you require a group created for you to even be worth a spot... When you could simply run a marauder and don't even see the differenze...

It does not have a charge, a pull, a ranged root , a gap closer, and everyone say you get kited to hell...

I mean I would understand it having normal damage and normal survivability if he could apply that anytime, but when you could simply pick Simeone that have every time without any condition very good damage or very good heals there is no point in picking a DPS dok...

I don't know i get it that dok and WP need a weakness, but that weakness should not be mobility... It should be and already is the fact that they are not the best at DPS nor at surviving nor at healing...
In a game like wh in that server where pretty much 90% of the people play ranged, i don't know, maybe i'm just wrong

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:44 pm

DPS DoK still provides amazing offheals (contrary to what people tell you - it's just not as good as before), an extra rez, a group dmg proc, aoe heal debuff (again - the best in the game), VERY good sustained (not far behind 'real' dps), and is very self-sufficient (less stressing your healers).

It's an incredible class. Does it do AS much burst as a WE, or have a pull, or charge? No. Does it bring a shitload of other stuff? Yes. Does it work in 6v6? Yes. Does it work in duo/trio? Yes (it is arguably the best mdps to bring for duo or trio).

Ads
OldSparky

Post#9 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Agreed with peterthepan here, you can still pop nice heals if you're running divine favor or life's end on M1, on M2 is also good to have either turbo-group-cleanse slotted or AoE heals and then you go out there and do some damn good damage. One of the best things for DPS DoK is being able to cleanse snares/roots with short invulnerability like most mdps I think. As much as I love DPS DoK, having a group of people to play with is mandatory to make DPS DoK truly shine.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:51 pm

ScaliTerrore wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 am very sturdy rot class with best heal debuff in game, good offheals, great sustained.
Everything I read on the Forum and by people I asked in game are things like "useless in 99% of the cases"/"pretty much any other Class can be more useful than him with less effort "/" high need low reward Class"/"Zero mobility, almost a dead Weight in nearly every scenario"/ecc
So if everything you read says that, then why bother asking? Only thing dead weight are players who dont have any idea what to do. You can be competitive and beneficial to the team with nearly any class and spec. Some classes have a higher skill curve then others. DPS Dok is one of those classes. Gonna be honest though doesnt seem like the class for you coming from a post like this. Makea a mara, ez mode and meta in any group.