Recent Topics

Ads

"We need Tanks and Heals" Really?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RhaninFlick

"We need Tanks and Heals" Really?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Been playing various toons for going on 2 months now. Every time someone asks in advice or otherwise "What class does Destro need most?" the answer is always "Tanks and Heals!".

Yet every Siege I go to, Orders walls are COATED with BW and Engi, and every Keep Defense I go to you cant even stand on the walls because of all the AOE from those same classes pounding away on them.
I dunno guys, I think we have enough "Tanks and Heals" seems we could use some more Sorcs and Magi...

I look forward to being told I'm wrong and how I need to STFU.

Ads
toffikx

Re: "We need Tanks and Heals" Really?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:35 pm

Ok

Glorian

Post#3 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Because all that AOE Bws and Engis doesn't stop destro when they push in with Tanks and Heals.

RhaninFlick

Post#4 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Glorian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm Because all that AOE Bws and Engis doesn't stop destro when they push in with Tanks and Heals.
In the even-ish (numbers wise) sieges I've seen during NA time, all that AoE really S***'s all over us when Order funnels. Usually to the point of breaking our siege from people leaving or from holding out for order to get more #s to push with.

Eeshen

Post#5 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:19 pm

Definitely don't need anymore tanks....

Deifact

Post#6 » Sat May 16, 2020 6:59 am

I think the posts telling new players to go healer or tank are made by order to sabotage destro!
I see mostly tanks, healers and melee dps in RvR on destro side.
Rarely see a sorc or a magus. I think people hate the elf dresses and disc mages.
Even most squid herders I see are in melee spec. Then these melee dps will rush into groups, over extend and die, and think it's because of a lack of healers, when in reality they just played badly.

Omegus

Post#7 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 am

RhaninFlick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:45 pm
Glorian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm Because all that AOE Bws and Engis doesn't stop destro when they push in with Tanks and Heals.
In the even-ish (numbers wise) sieges I've seen during NA time, all that AoE really S***'s all over us when Order funnels. Usually to the point of breaking our siege from people leaving or from holding out for order to get more #s to push with.
That's how funnels work. Destro can do them too and does them well. Once you've hit a critical mass of AOE on a certain spot adding to it does very little as you're already melting people quicker than the next person can walk in to take their spot. Most people end up breaking and leaving due to the lack of other warbands pushing posterns at the same time which is the easiest (not saying it's easy, just the easiest) way of breaking a funnel. Take posterns and then collapse in on the main funnel.

I've noticed that destro tends to have a lack of tanks and healers in scenarios but that's about it. Magus, WE and BG aren't particularly popular for 24-mans at the moment (usually limiting those classes to a max of 1). Besides that, the main thing to remember is that most careers are viable and wanted, but not all specs are. Shamans are desired, DPS Shamans not so much. Tanks are desired, 2H full damage tanks not so much, etc.

edit: I'm going to take a guess and say most people saying destro need tanks and healers are DPS soloers/PUGs.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

EsthelielSunfury

Post#8 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:42 am

Omegus wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 am edit: I'm going to take a guess and say most people saying destro/order need tanks and healers are DPS soloers/PUGs.
Yep, the very same people all the time on both sides. Guildless, or still sitting in dead guilds with no plans at all on their progress. Just logging in, pressing L and expecting to see 2/2/2 and perfect morale drops on posterns from others.

"Tanks don't guard me"
"Healers don't ress me"
"Man people are clueless"

Chat is flooded with them.

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:04 am

Omegus wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 am I've noticed that destro tends to have a lack of tanks and healers in scenarios but that's about it.
Pretty logical, considering heal specced healers and turtle specced tanks don't have much to gain from scs.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:42 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:42 am
Omegus wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 am edit: I'm going to take a guess and say most people saying destro/order need tanks and healers are DPS soloers/PUGs.
Yep, the very same people all the time on both sides. Guildless, or still sitting in dead guilds with no plans at all on their progress. Just logging in, pressing L and expecting to see 2/2/2 and perfect morale drops on posterns from others.

"Tanks don't guard me"
"Healers don't ress me"
"Man people are clueless"

Chat is flooded with them.
Probably the best thing I’ve read on this forum since I started RoR.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x