Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] or dps [BG] for Solo ?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wildwindblows

Re: [Mara] or dps [BG] for Solo ?

Post#11 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:59 pm

flatfoot1987 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:49 pm Got a different opinion. I have a BG, BO and a marauder, albeit all of em are lowbies to a different extent. Played some of these classes quite extensively back in live days. Yes, marauders aren't exactly in a best position nowadays. But this is a MMO after all. There's nothing permanent.

But the main point is if you actually want to kill stuff and deal damage you should stick to a dps class no matter what. Yes, tanks in this game have an option to play offensively with 2h and such. But in most cases this ends up in a rather selfish setup because people tend to sacrifice their tankiness in order to get more firepower.

It's not bound to happen but in a lot of cases 'dps tanks' end up being the worst of both worlds rather than the best of both worlds
This is ror and mara is a support class here. I'm playing for 6 years and nothing changes except nerfs for mara. You should pick dps Dok or dps BO if you want to hit.

Ads
jvlosky

Post#12 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:34 pm

flatfoot1987 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:49 pm Got a different opinion. I have a BG, BO and a marauder, albeit all of em are lowbies to a different extent. Played some of these classes quite extensively back in live days. Yes, marauders aren't exactly in a best position nowadays. But this is a MMO after all. There's nothing permanent.

But the main point is if you actually want to kill stuff and deal damage you should stick to a dps class no matter what. Yes, tanks in this game have an option to play offensively with 2h and such. But in most cases this ends up in a rather selfish setup because people tend to sacrifice their tankiness in order to get more firepower.

It's not bound to happen but in a lot of cases 'dps tanks' end up being the worst of both worlds rather than the best of both worlds
I extremely disagree in the fact that Chosen's spirit damage output is insane when specced properly. Especially if they have a teammate that can spirit resist debuff.

That Chosen 'Insolence' does entirely too much dmg lol

jvlosky

Post#13 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:35 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:59 pm

This is ror and mara is a support class here. I'm playing for 6 years and nothing changes except nerfs for mara. You should pick dps Dok or dps BO if you want to hit.

**Cries in SW**

blasras

Post#14 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:47 am

jvlosky wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:34 pm
I extremely disagree in the fact that Chosen's spirit damage output is insane when specced properly. Especially if they have a teammate that can spirit resist debuff.

How should Chosen spec for damage? max STR, and then just survivability?

jvlosky

Post#15 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:37 pm

blasras wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:47 am
jvlosky wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:34 pm

How should Chosen spec for damage? max STR, and then just survivability?
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... er/1273521

^ dunno why this link isn't working, go to Armory at the top and then type in 'Inso' and pick 'Insolence' the Chosen to see their gear set.

i dunno copy this dude

using 5 pc Sov2 and 3 pc warlord I think, make sure you roll with Magus for spirit res debuff for extra dmg in addition to chosen's resist debuff aura.

You def dont need weaponskill becaue you get a parry self buff and the majority of your dmg comes from spirit dmg.
Last edited by jvlosky on Tue May 26, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nat3s

Post#16 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm

I've recently been levelling my mara up, he's at 73 currently wearing full vanq, genesis and 3 piece BL with subj weaps. He's pretty good for solo roaming, i prefer Sav/Brut over using def gear and going Monstros.

The biggest problem you'll have is a Mara can dps like a WL as Sav spec, but with no stun as Sav/Brut, the WL wins every time unless you manage to detaunt just prior to pet stun and then catch up on hp using a rejuv pot (assuming WL doesn't also use pots). Same story with WH, their 2 parry buffs + stun mean you're basically unable to do dps for a long time meaning you'll need to use charge to get away and pot to reset the fight. These are winnable fights but takes some skill + is unreliable if these classes notice you detaunt.

Add in dps AM are the best 1v1 class atm and it can make for a pretty rough experience as a solo roaming Mara unless you really know what you're doing.

If i were you I'd roll a dps Shaman if you want to solo roam. AP drain on CD and kite to death. If you really want to melee, dps Chosen is better than dps BG for roaming imo.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

jvlosky

Post#17 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:08 pm

nat3s wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm I've recently been levelling my mara up, he's at 73 currently wearing full vanq, genesis and 3 piece BL with subj weaps. He's pretty good for solo roaming, i prefer Sav/Brut over using def gear and going Monstros.

The biggest problem you'll have is a Mara can dps like a WL as Sav spec, but with no stun as Sav/Brut, the WL wins every time unless you manage to detaunt just prior to pet stun and then catch up on hp using a rejuv pot (assuming WL doesn't also use pots). Same story with WH, their 2 parry buffs + stun mean you're basically unable to do dps for a long time meaning you'll need to use charge to get away and pot to reset the fight. These are winnable fights but takes some skill + is unreliable if these classes notice you detaunt.

Add in dps AM are the best 1v1 class atm and it can make for a pretty rough experience as a solo roaming Mara unless you really know what you're doing.

If i were you I'd roll a dps Shaman if you want to solo roam. AP drain on CD and kite to death. If you really want to melee, dps Chosen is better than dps BG for roaming imo.

I would say Shaman > AM for solo roaming or whatnot because of 'Run Away'

Better to not get hit than to get hit for 50% less.

nat3s

Post#18 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 pm

jvlosky wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:08 pm
nat3s wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm I've recently been levelling my mara up, he's at 73 currently wearing full vanq, genesis and 3 piece BL with subj weaps. He's pretty good for solo roaming, i prefer Sav/Brut over using def gear and going Monstros.

I would say Shaman > AM for solo roaming or whatnot because of 'Run Away'

Better to not get hit than to get hit for 50% less.

I can see a case for that, but I personally disagree, got both to 60+ and the AM has:

• 1 extra dot
• Can cleanse shaman dots (shaman cant cleanse AM dots)

My AM feels so much more powerful + dps AM face Maras and Magus which are easy to deal with whereas shamans have to face WL and Engi which are much tougher.

Facing someone with RUN AWAY can feel super annoying, but it's actually the AP drain and the fact you can detaunt once your dots up that makes AM/shaman so oppresive.

I'd be totally happy with shaman losing RUN AWAY if it meant they had 4 dots like an AM, that would actually be a net buff though and bring them up to AM levels of power which i dont personally think is good for the solo roaming meta at present. Now remove an AM dot and RUN AWAY to nerf both classes a bit... That I could buy into.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Sofong

Post#19 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:52 am

nat3s wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm The biggest problem you'll have is a Mara can dps like a WL as Sav spec, but with no stun as Sav/Brut, the WL wins every time unless you manage to detaunt just prior to pet stun and then catch up on hp using a rejuv pot (assuming WL doesn't also use pots). Same story with WH, their 2 parry buffs + stun mean you're basically unable to do dps for a long time meaning you'll need to use charge to get away and pot to reset the fight. These are winnable fights but takes some skill + is unreliable if these classes notice you detaunt.
thats y i said mara always lose the initiatives of a fight, they play very passively.

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#20 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:24 pm

nat3s wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm If i were you I'd roll a dps Shaman if you want to solo roam. AP drain on CD and kite to death. If you really want to melee, dps Chosen is better than dps BG for roaming imo.
I'm curious, what's your reasoning for 2h Chosen over BG for roaming? I was considering picking up my BG again for a roaming melee class(WE and DoK don't appeal to me) and had thought that a Bolstering Anger + Malice build could work pretty well for that and give you some sustain that Chosen doesn't really have access to.

This is assuming RR70ish, Vanq/maybe Invader tier gear. Sov/WL is unrealistic for my play times/style, so there's no way I can achieve the health regen stack that the above poster is pointing to