Recent Topics

Ads

12-man Raid Composition

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zatoast

12-man Raid Composition

Post#1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi there guys. Are there some kind of setup for a Destro - 12man composition guild that can be expanded in the near future? Beside the classic 2-2-2 party, what class will u bring and what kind of spec?

Ads
Wam

Re: 12-man Raid Composition

Post#2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Zatoast wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:54 pm Hi there guys. Are there some kind of setup for a Destro - 12man composition guild that can be expanded in the near future? Beside the classic 2-2-2 party, what class will u bring and what kind of spec?
Depends what you want to do, what is available to you, and what your goals/playstyle is

2-2-2 is good platform to build from, would go 2 healer 1 tank as bare minimum... but having unguarded dps is a bit of waste. your dps would need good awareness to operate without guard and pre kiting, your tank will be over worked and bullied.

you aiming for aoe and support others? aoe and kite? ST and gank?
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Zatoast

Post#3 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm

let's say that the idea is to stay away from the main zerg while controlling secondary zone, skirmish, choke points, city and roaming the rvr lakes.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:25 pm

You need 2/2/2 for such stuff. Smaller groups have to be much tougher (unless you're ganking with rSH and shamies) and with better focus than the usual wb **** since you will often find yourselves outnumbered and outgunned.
More often than not my 12mans consist of 2choppas 2msh, healers you want your usual meta of doks/zealots and as for tanks well always good to have 2chosen, the rest is whatever, but since I'm a BG we always have at least one. Though I tend to favour the full melee compositions with a decent mix of st and aoe dmg so I can't really help you with the holding choke points part, we either push hard and break them or we die.

Wam

Post#5 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:26 pm

Zatoast wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm let's say that the idea is to stay away from the main zerg while controlling secondary zone, skirmish, choke points, city and roaming the rvr lakes.
4 SNB tanks, (if higher gear/rr and experience then you can think of 2hander tanks(TANKS not dps)) tank is tank ultimately, if its 2 bork, 1 bg, 1 chosen that is okay, but it doesnt matter too much aslong as you have a mix...

Healer wise, dok zealot is nice combo, but for kiting id recommend a rr 60+ shaman with fodg and puddle... a dok or zealot to compliment shaman in other party

Dps wise is where more variation in combinations

Id recommend a MSH (m2 snare for more kiting) good aoe pressure
Id also recommend something with healing debuffs to try lockdown kills... so Choppa is good for this (choppa can be good aoe/st)

Then mara / sorc also good at AOE/ST

Mara/choppa or lead tank punter would be good main assist.

Zatoast

Post#6 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:41 pm

nice, we are already looking for something like that.

ty all and if u have some more meta or antimeta idea feel free to share!

right now the goal is to find an effective way mine rr70+ magus xD

Wam

Post#7 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 pm

Zatoast wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:41 pm nice, we are already looking for something like that.

ty all and if u have some more meta or antimeta idea feel free to share!

right now the goal is to find an effective way mine rr70+ magus xD
ah magus, well that is good for sieges and choke fights, less so for open field fights to get out damage fast on the move and cities.

you could make a small 2fg Bomb group, sorcs benefit from your debuff. (issue is the bugs with 2 sorcs in party buffs/tactics,) 3 sorc 1 magus for ranged if the sorcs co-ordinate buffs and tactics... or 2 sorc 1 magus, and i would say choppa so you have some ST/phys pressure to finish people off and heal debuff... plus another pull. I assume you are probably aoe spec and not rift, you could kinda be both.

Martok

Post#8 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:22 am

Zatoast wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:54 pm...what class will u bring...

This would be too easy.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads