Recent Topics

Ads

Why there are so many DPS Shaman in SCs

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Trickshaw

Why there are so many DPS Shaman in SCs

Post#1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:53 am

I brought this up in a tangentially related thread but I felt it deserved it's own thread to help with the frustration many players may feel while running SCs.

The reason why IMO you find so many "dps shammies" in SCs is because every-single-emblem-set-for-Shaman is a DPS set. The only way to get a healing set is to do dungeons or RvR which, I will tell you right now, many new to new-ish players won't do or are adverse to doing. I can say this because I was one of them and so were two of my friends. You don't play WAR for the PvE and RvR can be extremely hit or miss. Either you walk away after three hours with maybe a dozen medallions or they rain from the sky. And all you need is one, just one, multi-hour RvR session where you walk away with a dozen-ish medallions to be like, "F**k that, I'll just wait until I'm 40 to play RvR."

With no way to convert emblems to medallions (this really should be a thing and I *hope* it's on a to-do list for the devs) SC centric Shaman are pigeonholed into playing offensively... literally.

I'm sure some poster is gonna jump on and be all like, "Bruh, just do the dungeon bruh, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda". I tell ya what, until you commit to running newbies through dungeon crawls to get them geared out to heal for SCs, I don't wanna hear it.

I wanna play scenarios, the rewards FROM SCENARIOS are explicitly and solely DPS oriented sets, so that is what I'm going to spec for. Give me rewards that can be spent to spec either way and I will happily start playing another way. Until then, I'm going to go with what I'm being fed.

So, before you go off on a tangent on the next dps shammy you see in a SC try to remember, the system is REWARDING THEM for playing that way.

That is all.

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Re: Why there are so many DPS Shaman in SCs

Post#2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:03 am

Shaman DPS is fun to play.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

mytreds

Post#3 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:27 am

Because the same reason people play dps AM.

It’s fun to play.

havartii

Post#4 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:19 am

I am more than happy to heal a dps shaman, some of the best roaming groups have 6 shammies :lol:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change