Recent Topics

Ads

Odyssey is Recruiting!

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caduceus

Odyssey is Recruiting!

Post#1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:07 pm

UPDATED

Hey all,

The guild Odyssey is recruiting active members!

We are a casual guild, mostly geared towards learning new players the game. We are also welcoming veteran players who are looking for a long-time home to chill and share their knowledge.
Our goals are to enjoy the game together and explore all that Return of Reckoning has to offer. In order to do this Odyssey seeks to create content for its members in PvP, PvE and the Tome of Knowledge ('achievement hunting').

As of the beginning of 2021 we have around 70 individual, active members and are steadily growing.

Here is a link to a Google Doc that contains info about the guild: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnS8e4zqDJmuhzORoEC ... g?e=Vei2Ek

Having knowledgable and enthousiastic officers will be important for making this project successful.

Currently we are still looking to fill one officer spot:

- The 'Dungeonmaster', who is knowledgable on matters of PvE, and is a capable of organizing dungeon groups.

Those who are interested can contact me either here on the forums or on my in-game character Animalmother.

Thanks,

- Caduceus (Animalmother)
Last edited by Caduceus on Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Re: Upcoming Guild for New Players Looking for Officers!

Post#2 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:51 pm

Yeah but why?

There's already destro guilds who'll take new players, and we don't need more guilds. Already too many guilds, most of which can't get 10 people online simultaneously at peak time weekends.

RathBrand

Post#3 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:51 pm Yeah but why?

There's already destro guilds who'll take new players, and we don't need more guilds. Already too many guilds, most of which can't get 10 people online simultaneously at peak time weekends.
Who are they? Whenever I'm leveling on my Destro alt (which is rare I'll admit), I never see any guilds recruiting or encouraging new players during NA primetime. I've even specifically asked in /Advice and /5 if there are any organized guilds recruiting during NA primetime and gotten zero response.

In fact, I rarely see Destro guilds not named FMJ, PnP, VII, or Ere We Go doing much of anything, and those guild are not new player focused. Overall, it feels like Destro is primarily made up of those previously mentioned guilds, a lot of small roaming groups, and a ton of unorganized pugs.

I'd say if these guys are very active and want to try to rally up new & experienced players into something better than a Pug, that might be good for Destro. But perhaps you are right that it might be better for them to join an established guild and make them more active in recruiting.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 pm

Good idea, keep this up and run the lakes with the newbies.
I honestly don't know who you are, but it's a nice effort.
My advice is to go around the lakes with your newbies to teach them that all is not just zerging with the ram and supply running.

Caduceus

Post#5 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:10 am

RathBrand wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 pm
In fact, I rarely see Destro guilds not named FMJ, PnP, VII, or Ere We Go doing much of anything, and those guild are not new player focused. Overall, it feels like Destro is primarily made up of those previously mentioned guilds, a lot of small roaming groups, and a ton of unorganized pugs.
This has exactly been my experience.

In addition, while some guilds may take in new players, none are made specifically with new players in mind. Return of Reckoning is not your average MMORPG, and it can be a difficult game to get into. It punishes new players quite harshly, especially because those new players are thrown into the crucible with long-time veterans of the game.

I also believe a great deal of content in Return of Reckoning goes unexplored, and it couldn't hurt to show new players that there are other activities to undertake when they get bored of PvP for a bit.

As far as I know, there isn't a single guild on Destruction that pays any attention to achievement hunting and the Tome of Knowledge, even though there is a surprising amount of interest in it.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Caduceus

Re: Odyssey is Recruiting!

Post#6 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:57 pm

A brief update.

Odyssey has existed for almost a month and has been recruiting actively. As a result we have gathered around 60 individual active members.

Having 10+ members online is a daily occurence, and we have been running small events multiple times a week in all game types.

The officer team has grown, but we are still looking for an officer who is interested in taking the role of Warmaster (RvR/warband focused).

Of course, we are always looking for new members who want to chill and learn with us. If you are interested in joining be sure to leave a message in this thread, or send me a personal message on the forum or in-game.

Cheers,

-Animalmother

Cyb3rPr1m3

Post#7 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 am

Last edited by Cyb3rPr1m3 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicoAtrum

Post#8 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:22 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:51 pm Yeah but why?

I posted 👆 a while ago, but Oddysey actually managed to get off the ground fantastically well and has more activity than all but a few guilds now. Well worth joining up. Know all those guilds that say they do small groups, scenarios etc then never do anything but rvr open warbands? This isn't one - we actually do those things.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#9 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:52 am

UPDATED

Ilneval

Post#10 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:06 am

I'm a returning player from when the game was live ....only discovered ROR a few weeks ago ...got a life wife and kid who take priority over game...hard core altaholic ....already have 6 alts on Destro ...main is shaman 27/30 ....love every aspect of this game ....is this the guild for me?