Recent Topics

Ads

Destruction fort attack

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lyckansost

Destruction fort attack

Post#1 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Observation in Fort as a destro.

I have been playing 98% order on this server since I joined a year or so ago.

This is not a order are so good destro players suck or anything I belive after leveling my magus to almost vanq gear need 1 more. That skill is equal but. Some of the tanks on destro simply refuse to guard a ranged class, why I do not know I guess that destruction have been a melee meta for so long that they don't know how to or even why, just a guess. This does not apply to all tanks ofc.

Now to one of the problems that is in my opinion destroying destruction in fort attacks.
Engi/bw/sw. And its not that they are far superior to destructions ranged its just that they know what to do (are alot of them and played alot/good gear). I my self use to run my RP with Engi and a dps AM grp and we could easy get 50-100kb as a trio killing destruction from above.

So in my humble opinion this is what destruction should focus more on in stage 2. Guard ranged dps and the ranged should focus on killing the people above.

A few dead healers/dps before a push is a lot less moral dps or heals. That is what's happening to the pushes from destruction.
Well that's my two cents...

Ads
BulletTea2

Re: Destruction fort attack

Post#2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Order pugs just have an easier time because of superior aoe ranged dps, change aoe cap back to 9 from 24 and we see how forts go.

Also funny to say "they know what to do". BW activate Funnel Power which sorc simply does not have and press a button and do more aoe damage, more engis since people dont like disc.

And rSH aoe vs SW is simply no contest. I invite you to check and compare the two specs, the career builder is right on top of the site. Outside of morals and Explodin' Arrer rSH literally has no aoe damage, meanwhile SW has 25% armor ignoring BHA that stacks 3 times.

Since devs said they dont want to make rSH another aoe spam class destro will always have 1 less aoe ranged class / spec available.

Lyckansost

Post#3 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:37 pm

Ye i agree with you SW aoe is better then rSH.
But the problem still remains to few ranged are focusing the order above.
And what I was trying to say was order got alot of ranged always been or as long as I played on this server. If you play a class long you get better or atleast should.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:40 pm

BulletTea2 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 pm Since devs said they dont want to make rSH another aoe spam class destro will always have 1 less aoe ranged class / spec available.
Meanwhile those aoe classes that we have are mostly played as single target dps (I'm looking at you, magi). Tanks are paper thin and a lot of them are in 2h dps specs. Healers that dps or "won't spec healing because willpower is useless stat". Hold the line / challenge / taunt / distracting bellow are so rare that you can see the impact it does when one or two tanks use them.

And rSH should NOT be aoe range class. They have mSH spec for that.

-
-

I will not get into nerf and buff policy since one warning from GM is enough ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Nekkma

Post#5 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Lyckansost wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:02 pm Observation in Fort as a destro.

I have been playing 98% order on this server since I joined a year or so ago.

This is not a order are so good destro players suck or anything I belive after leveling my magus to almost vanq gear need 1 more. That skill is equal but. Some of the tanks on destro simply refuse to guard a ranged class, why I do not know I guess that destruction have been a melee meta for so long that they don't know how to or even why, just a guess. This does not apply to all tanks ofc.
In general, guarding rdps is one of the most boring things you can do as a tank. Luckily, there is plenty of mdps to guard as a destro tank. If my only option is to guard a rdps I will ofc do it but usually there are some mdps to guard instead.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Abe

Post#6 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Lyckansost wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:37 pm Ye i agree with you SW aoe is better then rSH.
But the problem still remains to few ranged are focusing the order above.
And what I was trying to say was order got alot of ranged always been or as long as I played on this server. If you play a class long you get better or atleast should.

I can't disagree with what you say, but why do you think destro does not play the destro ranged or aoe classes to the same degree that order does. Please don't do the "historical" thing gamers for the most part don't care about history it is all about the present.

Lyckansost

Post#7 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:44 pm

@Abd
I can't tell ya, like I said haven't played destruction that mutch this is just a observation from my well 1 month play 10-20h a week.
But I can say its harder to get a pug wb and more people play solo on destro. From what I know. And solo players arnt always the best team players. Perhaps there's to many good solo specs on destro?

M0rw47h

Post#8 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:50 pm

Lyckansost wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:44 pm @Abd
I can't tell ya, like I said haven't played destruction that mutch this is just a observation from my well 1 month play 10-20h a week.
But I can say its harder to get a pug wb and more people play solo on destro. From what I know. And solo players arnt always the best team players. Perhaps there's to many good solo specs on destro?
How does destro have more soloers? You mean the engi army? Plague of Shadow Worriers? Or all those gank lions?
Before you reply me about dps Shamans, there are probably as many as dps AMs around on order side :)

Ads
Nekkma

Post#9 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:50 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:50 pm How does destro have more soloers? You mean the engi army? Plague of Shadow Worriers? Or all those gank lions?
Before you reply me about dps Shamans, there are probably as many as dps AMs around on order side :)
It certainly feels like destro have alot more small scale roamers. I have noticed ”supply wbs” on order, something I have never seen on destro. I play most of my time solo, duo or trio and when roaming on destro it is often the case that you hardly can find anything to fight because there are hardly any order roamers about. Roaming on order, however, there are roaming enemies everywhere. It feels like the we to wh ratio is at least 5 to 1 for instance.

Last week in caledor there was a situation with about 50 on each side but nothing to fight for anyone as order moved in two wbs and destro was spread out on 15ish smaller roaming groups. None could find any decent fights or push the zone.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Lyckansost

Post#10 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:26 pm

@m0rw47h
This is just a observation from my gameplay. This was just a post to try and help destruction to get up the stats on attack. If possible from my observation? Balance and what not is a nother discussion.